Mike White is "intrigued" by an AFC East rival

Bronx

If I were Mike White, I'd be looking to go elsewhere as well.

There is no place for him here, with some QB presumably being brought it, and Zach Wilson being retained.  JD and Saleh can say whatever the want, but they're clearly not going to go to White if Zach is available to backup.

He's in a similar position to Taylor Heinicke.  And will face the same challenges.

In both cases, they're best bet is to go to a team with either a wobbly quality, or injury prone, starting QB.

Otherwise, it's a pure backup role for either.

Miami makes sense for him, since Tua (like White himself) is quite fragile and injury prone.  And as someone else said, i think he's from down that way.

10 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

It would be intriguing to me if we could hire a coaching staff who know how to identify and develop a QB, so we could actually get a good one

I think that's the kind of thing that's much easier said than done.  Every team in the NFL that doesn't have a FQB is looking for one as their primary mission.  Teams will basically sacrifice entire seasons to try to put themselves in position to draft one.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Half Baked Boo GIF

Honestly there's no legitimate case that can be made that he's a good NFL QB.

His record, his TD/INT, his Redzone production - add to it that he's injury prone.

He does do a nice job of putting yards up on occasion - but that doesn't make a good NFL QB.  

Nice story, for sure.  Likable guy, absolutely.  Can he be a reasonable back-up, I guess.

But let's not confuse that with a good NFL QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

His record, his TD/INT, his Redzone production - add to it that he's injury prone.

He does do a nice job of putting yards up on occasion - but that doesn't make a good NFL QB.  

Nice story, for sure.  Likable guy, absolutely.  Can he be a reasonable back-up, I guess.

I legit think he is.  At worst, he's a terrific backup QB, who can actually win a team games.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I legit think he is.  At worst, he's a terrific backup QB, who can actually win a team games.  

I really hope he goes to Miami as their back-up.  Tua will get hurt at some point and we'll see who's right here.

Personally I would love him in Miami - would be good for the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Of course he is intrigued by Miami. He's from Florida and Tua will be in concussion protocol for 3/4 of the season.

(I'd also add no state income tax, but that would make this post politically polarizing for reasons).

which is why I think Miami is the biggest threat to slide in and steal Aaron Rodgers right from under our noses.  Tua is one big hit that bounces his helmet off the turf from being lost for the season (as you so wisely wrote) per the Concussion protocol.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I really hope he goes to Miami as their back-up.  Tua will get hurt at some point and we'll see who's right here.

Personally I would love him in Miami - would be good for the Jets.

They can have Streveler.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You think Strev is a better QB than MFW?  That's relative though.  Do you think Strev is even a good QB?  The guy can't throw the football.  That's sort of a problem for an NFL QB.

Nah, just playing. 

Strev's a fun little story too and exciting to watch - but his arm is like high school level.

White's a back-up talent at best though - anything more than that is Jet fans being Jet fans..

Hate the starters, love the backups.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think that's the kind of thing that's much easier said than done.  Every team in the NFL that doesn't have a FQB is looking for one as their primary mission.  Teams will basically sacrifice entire seasons to try to put themselves in position to draft one.

When coaches like Reid, Payton, even McCarthy become available, you have to get them, we instead hire coaches who will let our crappy owner meddle

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

When coaches like Reid, Payton, even McCarthy become available, you have to get them, we instead hire coaches who will let our crappy owner meddle

Absolutely (at least on Andy Reid and Sean Payton.  I'm not a fan of Mike McCarthy).

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s only good enough to beat out the like of Zach Wilson. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

JD and Saleh can say whatever the want, but they're clearly not going to go to White if Zach is available to backup.

I think they both know there is NO WAY they can go into season with Wilson as #2. The season can’t be 100% hitched to health of starting qb. Like SF, need a capable backup when you have a good team that only needs that. We know Wilson is NOT a capable backup. Let him be 3 all yr, and just work on himself

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely (at least on Andy Reid and Sean Payton.  I'm not a fan of Mike McCarthy).

Like him or not TT, back when the Jets had the choice of either Adam Gase, Eric Bienemy and Mike McCarthy somehow they actually thought that Gase was the best choice of the 3, McCarthy won a fracking Super Bowl Bienemy has been one of the games top OC's and Gase is now the offensive coordinator for Lincoln High School in Ypsilanti, Michigan. You can't even make this stuff up to be any more pathetic

• Upvote 2

Like him or not TT, back when the Jets had the choice of either Adam Gase, Eric Bienemy and Mike McCarthy somehow they actually thought that Gase was the best choice of the 3, McCarthy won a fracking Super Bowl Bienemy has been one of the games top OC's and Gase is now the offensive coordinator for Lincoln High School in Ypsilanti, Michigan. You can't even make this stuff up to be any more pathetic
Let's see how Eric does this year .. would be the ultimate FU to the league if he has great success without Reid.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think they both know there is NO WAY they can go into season with Wilson as #2. The season can’t be 100% hitched to health of starting qb. Like SF, need a capable backup when you have a good team that only needs that. We know Wilson is NOT a capable backup. Let him be 3 all yr, and just work on himself

I don’t think they think that at all.

Time will tell, I’m still hoping ZW gets traded personally.

• Upvote 1

It would be super jetsy to triple down on ‘developing’ the bust, while letting the long shot who actually developed go to a rival. 

Developing has less to do with the coaches and more to do with the player. Primarily their capacity to improve, secondarily their “want to”.

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There’s no comparison, Chad pre arm injury was 1000xs the QB MW is.  His play action move was the best in the NFL along with Peyton.  Would laugh at all the times he would fake to CM and he’d totally fake out the TV cameras.

Chads accuracy and anticipation were so much better

So?  That still doesn't mean White shouldn't be backing up Rodgers or Carr for us next season.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

17 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Unfortunately there are still idiots in the building who think Wilson has potential.  He will be the backup qb.  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don’t think they think that at all.

Time will tell, I’m still hoping ZW gets traded personally.

Me too Warfish. I mean a 5th rounder maybe? Why not, who knows maybe in 8 years these Zach "truthers" can all come back to JN and say "See..WE TOLD YOU SO!" 

For me, now, the thing is I don't want the Hall of Fame game storyline to be about the failure that is Zach Wilson since if he IS still here (there) he would most likely be either the starter or come out in the second half. Drop him so we don't have to even think about him any longer

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

So?  That still doesn't mean White shouldn't be backing up Rodgers or Carr for us next season.

Which has what to do with my post?  Who said he shouldn’t be our or anyone else’s backup?  I responded to a post comparing MW to Chad, a terrible comparison IMO.  

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Me too Warfish. I mean a 5th rounder maybe? Why not, who knows maybe in 8 years these Zach "truthers" can all come back to JN and say "See..WE TOLD YOU SO!" 

For me, now, the thing is I don't want the Hall of Fame game storyline to be about the failure that is Zach Wilson since if he IS still here (there) he would most likely be either the starter or come out in the second half. Drop him so we don't have to even think about him any longer

To grab an extra 5th rounder or to avoid talk about how poorly he played in 2022.  Pretty much meaningless reasons to rush to trade him.  Of course anyone who understands why there really isn’t a reason to dump him is a "truther" who might come back to JN and say "See..WE TOLD YOU SO!" If he somehow salvages a career.  That would be even worse.  No actual football reasoning