2023 NFL Combine day three, QBs, WRs, TE's...

Beerfish

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Strouds the best looking thrower of footballs here.

Stroud and Bennett have probably been the two most impressive passers today.  Stroud is QB1 for me.   Consistent, accurate and he makes it look so easy. 

Bennett had a chance to show that he has a better arm than he has been given credit for and he threw some beautiful deep balls.

• Upvote 2

This is why you do not opt out of the combine unless there is a really really good reason.  (Bryce Young)

Richardson, Stroud, Levis all showed something special.  Now teams are still going to go by game tape more than anything else but if you have two guys really close this can be an influence.

I put more stock in combine where you are doing what they tell you to do, off script and in comparisons to others.  Everyone looks great at their totally scripted pro days.  (Well except for Teddy Bridgewater.)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Stroud and Bennett have probably been the two most impressive passers today.  Stroud is QB1 for me.   Consistent, accurate and he makes it look so easy. 

Bennett had a chance to show that he has a better arm than he has been given credit for and he threw some beautiful deep balls.

I have Stroud as QB1 as well. Effortless thrower who always puts it right where he wants to. I think he also has more playmaking ability than he's shown in college. Fields didn't run as much at Ohio State either. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This is why you do not opt out of the combine unless there is a really really good reason.  (Bryce Young)

Richardson, Stroud, Levis all showed something special.  Now teams are still going to go by game tape more than anything else but if you have two guys really close this can be an influence.

I put more stock in combine where you are doing what they tell you to do, off script and in comparisons to others.  Everyone looks great at their totally scripted pro days.  (Well except for Teddy Bridgewater.)

Did Levis throw?

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I have Stroud as QB1 as well. Effortless thrower who always puts it right where he wants to. I think he also has more playmaking ability than he's shown in college. Fields didn't run as much at Ohio State either. 

Yup.  I was sold after I saw what he did against us.  Escapabiity, accuracy, throwing on the run..  He checked every box in that game.  He made plays oon the move when he had to -- he just didn't have to that much during the season.  Today just affirms it -- it just looks so easy for him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Dead last in the vert for Darnell Washington.  But at 6'6" with an 84" wingspan, he may not need to jump.

Not surprised, he is not agile at all, hate to throw shade on a Georgia guy but he is not a great TE prospect for me.  Blocking TE perhaps?  But he is not in the same league as a guy like Jelani woods from last year as far as being a plus sized TE.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Plus, the scouts can stand there and see first hand how they compare. , side by side. If you remember, it was the combine that absolutely destroyed Kizer.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

Paging @Paradis, we have a small school tight end standing 6'7" who just jumped 40"

lol the old dominion kid? It would seem sexy at first glance, but the Paradis Paper on this guy is less kind; Highly recruited, landed at PSU and couldn't do anything for like 2-3 seasons. Transferred and had some success, but had all the buzz coming into 2022 and laid an egg. He's like 24 or something. 

I'm learning.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No surprised, he is not agile at all, hate to throw shade on a Georgia guy but he is not a great TE prospect for me.  Blocking TE perhaps?  But he is not in the same league as a guy like Jelani woods from last year as far as being a plus sized TE.

I like Washington.  He can block like a tackle.  Has good hands.  Runs well.  And he is huge.  Too fast to be covered by a LB and too big for a Safety.  He is never going to run precise routes, but he can be a great red zone target, and you sen dhim up the seam and he can be dangerous.  I am not saying he is a first round prospect, but I tihnk he wil be a very good NFL player and he has a high floor, albeit with a low ceiling.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I like Washington.  He can block like a tackle.  Has good hands.  Runs well.  And he is huge.  Too fast to be covered by a LB and too big for a Safety.  He is never going to run precise routes, but he can be a great red zone target, and you sen dhim up the seam and he can be dangerous.  I am not saying he is a first round prospect, but I tihnk he wil be a very good NFL player and he has a high floor, albeit with a low ceiling.

You saw him more than me obviously so i'll defer to you but in the games I saw last year they talked him up a lot and I just did not see it.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Stroud did one hell of a job. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd have to see film of the break downs to get a good judgment on that stat as well as the raw numbers as how often is he actually pressured to kill him on it.

Pressured on ~23% of his dropbacks (99 of 423 drops). Time to throw on those snaps: 4.02 seconds. Suggests he’s not particularly resourceful out of structure or on second reaction plays, which had been the knock on him in the leadup to the Georgia game. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Jesus, you guys are multiplying.

The guy is a natural at WR. Elite athlete, hugely productive at age 19 at a mega program that has become a WR factory. Olave and Wilson wax poetic about him. What am I missing here? 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It's early but so far the Wrs times are sloth like.

this is where we get caught up a little bit.  Slower times but they all play faster.  Hyatt ran like a 4.4, but on film he looks like one of the fastest players on the field every week in a uber talented conference.