Agent: Jets' Duane Brown plans to return for 17th NFL season

This is good for us, relieves the pressure of needing to draft a plug-and-play LT.

Make Mekhi a prospect, rather than an unreliable concern. Allows us to focus on the interior and RT spot this year. If Mekhi cannot play, we find out and get our LT in 2024.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is good for us, relieves the pressure of needing to draft a plug-and-play LT.

Make Mekhi a prospect, rather than an unreliable concern. Allows us to focus on the interior and RT spot this year. If Mekhi cannot play, we find out and get our LT in 2024.

Relieves the pressure for sure.  I would still think a tackle is in play at 13, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Relieves the pressure for sure.  I would still think a tackle is in play at 13, though.

Well, yes. However, I think this = beast available at 13. Maybe that’s a tackle, maybe not. There’s a couple OTs this draft that have the profile, but need to add muscle or whatever… so, we can go that route too. Round 2 perhaps.

• Upvote 1

IF Brown and Mekhi both work out this year where does a rookie play?  Have them all fight it out and then have a starter level backup? It’d be an odd allocation of resources to have a first round backup or a $12 mill dollar backup.

Id like Skoronski, but then you’d have a $17 mill backup in Laken.

Maybe we go defense at 13 and then Center in Second.

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Jets were so impressed with his toughness and team-first attitude that they created a team award in his honor -- the "Selfless Warrior" award. He was the first recipient.

No doubt established to get Becton off his ass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

That is good news, He's been a solid team mate, damn that says something about 17 years in the trenches. I still think they should still draft a tackle. 

Yeah, if he stays they need to either draft, sign or trade for a legitimate #1 level T.

You would like to have a guy like Brown penciled in as your starter with the hopes that Becton would stay healthy and beat him out.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

IF Brown and Mekhi both work out this year where does a rookie play?  Have them all fight it out and then have a starter level backup? It’d be an odd allocation of resources to have a first round backup or a $12 mill dollar backup.

Can't count on Becton...

But if the worst thing is the Jets have no injuries at T and our first round pick doesn't play much his rookie year - I think we would be ecstatic - but it's probably wishful thinking.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Or these possibilities:

-Trade #13 for AR

-TE (Dalton Kincaid?)

-WR2

-Safety (Brian Branch)

Let’s see what the Jets do.  I think in the long-term, guys like Howie Rosenman and Newsome/DeCosta would draft an OT this here.  But we are dealing with a Jets FO fighting for their jobs.   They are going to roll the dice on Becton and Brown, who they owe money to, and Tomlinson, who they can’t cut, and draft another WR, a DT, or a S.  If that is what they think, they should be trading down.