Do you think the Jets will give Zach Wilson the majority of preseason snaps?

2 hours ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

It could be a good opportunity to build up some confidence for the boy. I just am concerned he might get hurt playing with backups.

How would you approach it? 

1. By then, hopefully that decision is some other teams problem.

2. If not, then we do what we need to make 1. above a reality.

3. And if not 1. or 2., you treat him like any other #2 or #3.  

The day where he draft spot alone gave him special treatment is, and should be, over.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

I just don’t see him as a typical backup. He’s the second overall pick and I think the organization should protect him in some way. 

Depends on what they're protecting him from....injury or fan criticism. To protect him from the latter, they need to play him and he needs to play well.

He won’t be on the Jets roster this season. 
Possible ... But very unlikely.. more likely he starts as 3rd string, work his way up to second string by week 1 ..

Sits behind Rodgers for 1 season .. takes over in 2024.

Or sits behind Rodgers for two seasons and is traded for a 2nd.in 2025.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Good point ... But not if the Jets put an unrestricted tag on him. Which is also very unlikely.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

They would never. By that time the franchise tag would be close to 40 million a year.

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Zach will get a lot of preseason action and the fans boys will think he has turned the corner when he looks good against future UPS drivers. 

I can tell you that won't come for me.  I mean, sure I hope he looks good but I have no expectations of such - and certainly wouldn't trust it in a non competitive game.  

I think anything he does well will simply increase his trade value - and that's a good thing for the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Zach will get a lot of preseason action and the fans boys will think he has turned the corner when he looks good against future UPS drivers. 

This.

next august after we sign Jimmy G will be all about showcasing Zach Wilson and his improvement under Hackett.  He will suddenly be a top 3 QB because preseason Week 3 he will put up stats facing said UPS drivers and part-time McDonalds fry cooks

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

People in this forum said the EXACT same thing about geno and Darnold. We got a 2nd,4th and 6th for Darnold and geno was in the pro bowl this year.

Justin Fields should have been the pick. JD however, fell in love with a well-spoken person -- suckered by the likes of an used-car salesperson -- with desperation to patch-up the self-inflicted damage caused by a bad purchase of a lemon (hooptie). 

15 hours ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

I just don’t see him as a typical backup. He’s the second overall pick and I think the organization should protect him in some way. 

How often does one get asked about their high school GPA when applying for their 3rd, 4th or later job? 
It’s the same thing here. At least it should be. Zach Wilson is going into his third year. He’s a backup in the NFL, not a 1st round pick anymore. His draft status should only be considered if he gets traded. After his handywork in the past 2 seasons he shouldn’t get any protection another backup wouldn’t get.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He'll look good in TC as long as he's wearing his red shirt but that is about it.