Jump to content

Who else believes we are in the lead for both Rodgers & Carr?


Recommended Posts

At this stage I think the nay thing that can be said is the jets are capable of spending more on either of these guys than any other team. It’ll come down to where either guy wants to play and right now I think Nola has the edge on Carr. Rodgers is a trade so he probably can’t pick and chose so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I don't believe any of the reports. And I'm honestly surprised by how so many people here are making broad based assumptions based on "sources" and "reports" that are just conjecture.

The whole Aaron Rodgers "Jets or retirement" narrative that has picked up such steam and now taken as gospel here is case in point. The Raiders are still the overwhelming betting favorites to land Rodgers, IF he leaves Green Bay.

People here are choosing to believe things they want to believe. 

Carr is leaning to the Jets? As if agents don't leak weak sauce like that all the time to try and gain leverage. It's getting silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

 

I don't believe any of the reports. And I'm honestly surprised by how so many people here are making broad based assumptions based on "sources" and "reports" that are just conjecture.

The whole Aaron Rodgers "Jets or retirement" narrative that has picked up such steam and now taken as gospel here is case in point. The Raiders are still the overwhelming betting favorites to land Rodgers, IF he leaves Green Bay.

People here are choosing to believe things they want to believe. 

Carr is leaning to the Jets? As if agents don't leak weak sauce like that all the time to try and gain leverage. It's getting silly.

And seconds after I hit submit - Carr to the Saints....

LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody with a basic set of analytical skills saw that the Jets were a quality quarterback away from being a very good team last year.

The Jets have a strong foundation of young players on rookie contracts, and the Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh combination is much more respected around the league than this board would have you believe.

And of course at the end of the day... Money talks.

Pay Day Money GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fortunately, Carr wasn't Joe Douglas' top choice.  

Still have hope JD bypasses all the remaining fancy pants options and signs Joe Dirt for $40 grand a year and a carton of Marlboro Reds.

3DE5A969-EBD3-4B1E-85B0-93B98E1C2622.jpeg.9c10b9f9c4dc83d8e7ce0678a5055d02.jpeg

 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

I wonder if there's any universe out there where we could get BOTH Rodgers and Minshew.....

No team is giving Minshew a legit shot to start, so it would be possible if the Jets really wanted to do it. 

But it sounds like Zach Wilson is going to be the backup. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

No team is giving Minshew a legit shot to start, so it would be possible if the Jets really wanted to do it. 

But it sounds like Zach Wilson is going to be the backup. 

I need Zach to be the QB3 at best.  Whatever needs to happen to make that be the end result needs to happen....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I need Zach to be the QB3 at best.  Whatever needs to happen to make that be the end result needs to happen....

I agree, but I don't see it happening, especially if Rodgers actually comes here. 

IMO, part of their Rodgers plan is that he's very short term and may leave the door open for Wilson to compete for the job in a year, should Rodgers retire. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree, but I don't see it happening, especially if Rodgers actually comes here. 

IMO, part of their Rodgers plan is that he's very short term and may leave the door open for Wilson to compete for the job in a year, should Rodgers retire. 

family guy vomit GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, but I don't see it happening, especially if Rodgers actually comes here. 
IMO, part of their Rodgers plan is that he's very short term and may leave the door open for Wilson to compete for the job in a year, should Rodgers retire. 
This ^

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Get ready for 6 straight months of how great Becton looks and how Zack has improved his throwing motion and attitude.

 

Zach will complete 3 straight check down passes in week 4 of the preseason facing the giants practice squad backups and everyone will be gloating about how he’s going to save our season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...