2023 NFL Free Agency: News & Rumors

25 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That's what we thought when they signed Jonnu and Hunter Henry but they were highly paid duds.  They continue to search for a Gronk replacement.

Henry worked out and has been productive. But not Jonnu who they just got rid of. 

Another starting OL off the board.

The Pittsburgh Steelers beefed up their offensive line Saturday night, acquiring a full-time starter from across the state.

Former Philadelphia Eagles guard Isaac Seumalosigned a three-year deal with Pittsburgh, sources told ESPN.

Seumalo is the Steelers' second offensive line signing in free agency, joining Nate Herbig, who spent three years with the Eagles before a one-year stint with the New York Jets. Both Herbig and Seumalo have ties to first-year Steelers assistant general manager Andy Weidl, who spent six seasons in the Eagles' front office, including three as the vice president of player personnel.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Really wanted Cooks that year. Instead Idzik picked Pryor because he fit the defense Rex wanted to run that was designed to stop offenses from 25 years prior - and he’s been out of the league for 6 years.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Remaining Veteran FA Qb.

Open only in case of EMERGENCY!!

image.thumb.png.d8c4baf8964b4b46e7408e323cd7e301.png

I was literally just thinking "wow, we're going to have to choose amongst this group for a backup QB", completely forgetting that ZW is still on the roster.  

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Sign Campbell and trade for Byard. Maneuver in the draft to put us in position for JMS. Our 3 biggest needs taken care of.

Not to mention, Campbell and Byard would not count against the comp formula.

Douglas would be sitting pretty if he structures contracts the right way, can't imagine we'll be signing many free agents that had expiring deals the next 2 years.

Most the players we will target are likely ring hunting and had void years on their contracts or were cut for salary purposes.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, derp said:

Really wanted Cooks that year. Instead Idzik picked Pryor because he fit the defense Rex wanted to run that was designed to stop offenses from 25 years prior - and he’s been out of the league for 6 years.

Never been a big fan of Cooks.  Either coming out of the draft or during his NFL career.  I can't quite put my finger on the reason, he has been productive just about everywhere he has been, but I have never had much interest in him.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Never been a big fan of Cooks.  Either coming out of the draft or during his NFL career.  I can't quite put my finger on the reason, he has been productive just about everywhere he has been, but I have never had much interest in him.

I’ve always had a fondness for the productive Smurf receivers - probably because I got into the draft around when the Jets took Santana Moss - and they’ve needed skill talent pretty much since I’ve been a fan of the team. Cooks has pretty much peaked at solid but is one of the better players they could’ve taken there. He’s least been useful for a while now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Costello speculating about Ben Jones interest. Released by Titans - so familiarity with Carter and Downing, plus no impact on compensatory picks. Not sure if he's just connecting the dots but it'd make sense.

Ha! Posted same post and article from Nania in the “Tracker: Remaining Roster Holes” thread!