2023 NFL Free Agency: News & Rumors

On 3/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, johnnysd said:

I came to this thread to post this. Gardner Johnson should be a Top priority

I had hopes for Bates, but from what I gather this kid is a stud.  Not sure what the hold up is with him.  

I guess size is a concern.

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I don’t know why we’re not going after Gardner Johnson. Seems like a no brainer at Safety. 

Feels like the Jets are operating like they're the CIA right now for some reason. I get the feeling that another bigger FA signing or two will just come down on us randomly. Especially seeing now how the Lazard contract was structured and how we were ready to pay up for both Fletcher Cox / Orlando Brown

• Upvote 2

I don’t know why we’re not going after Gardner Johnson. Seems like a no brainer at Safety. 

JD doesn’t seem to overpay for people he hasn’t targeted prior to free agency. The other guys he’s willing to wait until after the draft and see who shakes loose. It’s frustrating sometimes, but probably the smarter way to fiscally build a team that hopefully won’t crumble completely when Rodgers leaves.
  • Upvote 1

Time to think outside the box

If they don’t want to pony up for Byard — who hasn’t even been cut yet — I would consider signing Marcus Peters to play FS

Dude is an INT machine but 30 years old 

Jets D basically didn’t force a TO over the last 2 months of the season 

Can’t rely on “luck” or “regression to mean”.  Need somebody who can catch a ball back there in CF.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:21 PM, Adoni Beast said:

Ben Jones and/or Kevin Byrd would round out this offseason nicely.

Add OBJ and we have a really stacked roster.

Oh yeah, and make the Aaron Rodgers trade official.

I Do Not expect any FA signings until AFTER the Draft. JD may sign players who were released, so as not to disrupt his push for Comp Picks.

Players released by their former team don’t count as players lost or gained, and neither do players that remain free agents following the NFL Draft.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I Do Not expect any FA signings until AFTER the Draft. JD may sign players who were released, so as not to disrupt his push for Comp Picks.

Players released by their former team don’t count as players lost or gained, and neither do players that remain free agents following the NFL Draft.

Believe Jones and Byard (if Byard gets let go) would both fall into the released category.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:28 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Time to think outside the box

If they don’t want to pony up for Byard — who hasn’t even been cut yet — I would consider signing Marcus Peters to play FS

Dude is an INT machine but 30 years old 

Jets D basically didn’t force a TO over the last 2 months of the season 

Can’t rely on “luck” or “regression to mean”.  Need somebody who can catch a ball back there in CF.

Peters is not a good enough tackler to play FS.  I see where your thought process is as far as him being a ballhawk but I just think he would be too much of a liability in run support to play the position full time

50 minutes ago, juxsta said:

?

I would love that just to shove it in the Packers front office faces for trying to hose on a already agreed upon deal.

That would be epic but seriously though, if you're JD, what does it hurt to give Lamar a call and find out what type of compensation he's looking for?   I know "leverage" has been largely speculated but wouldnt that put a little heat under the Packers if they found out JD did have a convo w/ Lamar.

50 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Way to go JD

We need a starting quality DT after losing Rankins and missing on Cox.

Campbell seems to be the best candidate out there.

We likely need to use the early part of the draft for the offensive line.

Might be foolish to count on a 4th rounder to come in and solidify the position.

What gives JD?  I know you have a plan … what are we failing to see?  Lol

That would be epic but seriously though, if you're JD, what does it hurt to give Lamar a call and find out what type of compensation he's looking for?   I know "leverage" has been largely speculated but wouldnt that put a little heat under the Packers if they found out JD did have a convo w/ Lamar.

Rodgers is a pretty sensitive guy, he wants to be wanted.

6 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Might be foolish to count on a 4th rounder to come in and solidify the position.

I’d like to see snap counts the past couple of seasons for Campbell at DE & DT. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Really wanted CC. Hopefully we can get him to visit soon still hasn’t signed anywhere.

Still worried about the trenches if this team. We don’t have a starting C. Our OT isn’t that good and we need a starting DT and a rotational DT still.

Stillhave the draft obviously where I see us adding an OT, C and DT there. But for a win now team. We need some security too bet wise in these spots. 

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Say what you want about the personality, you wont get an argument from me, but not gunna lie, the idea of:

G.Wilson, A.Lazard and OBJ w/ Rodgers throwing them is pretty exciting.

+1

The dude is a goof, but as soon as the Jets decided to make Rodgers the focal point of their offseason plans, they decided to go “all in” on a Super Bowl push over the next two years.

To act as if the team building philosophy hasn’t changed is absurd. I have no doubts that Douglas has wanted to primarily build this thing through the draft, but when you’ve accrued premium young talent at premium positions but colossally whiff on the most important position of them all, a reset is in order.

As long as this defense can maintain its foothold as a Top 5 unit and the OL doesn’t get bent over a barrel with injuries for seemingly the umpteenth year in a row, then there’s no reason this team shouldn’t win 10+ games and make serious noise in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2023 at 4:58 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

• Upvote 1