2023 NFL Free Agency: News & Rumors

I think Joe D. was with the Eagles and Ulbrich was with the Falcons?

Philadelphia Eagles

Neal signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2018. He was waived by the team during training camp on August 6, 2018.

Atlanta Falcons

Neal was signed by the Atlanta Falcons on August 11, 2018. However, he failed to make the 53-man roster out of training camp and was subsequently re-signed by the Falcons to the team's practice squad on September 2, 2018. Neal was promoted to the Falcons active roster on November 28, 2018. Neal made his NFL debut on December 9, 2018, in a 34-20 loss to the Green Bay Packers, playing on special teams in the only regular season appearance of his rookie season. Neal was waived by the Falcons as part of the team's final roster cuts on August 31, 2019.

Seattle Seahawks

Neal was signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad on September 2, 2019. The Seahawks promoted Neal to the active roster on December 11, 2019.

Neal re-signed with the Seahawks on April 20, 2020. He was waived on September 5, 2020, and signed to the practice squad the next day. He was elevated to the active roster on September 26 for the team's week 3 game against the Dallas Cowboys. With six seconds remaining in the game, he intercepted Dak Prescott in the end zone, sealing a 38–31 victory for the Seahawks. After automatically reverting to the practice squad following the game, Neal was promoted to the active roster on September 30, 2020. On October 4, 2020, with Adams and Lano Hill still injured, he made his first start for the Seahawks in a game against the Miami Dolphins. Neal made 6 tackles, and also collected his second interception, from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Neal signed a one-year exclusive-rights free agent tender with the Seahawks on June 8, 2021.

JosinaAnderson @JosinaAnderson

I'm told the #Browns have concern that WR Michael Woods II may have torn his Achilles while working out with QB Deshaun Watson in Texas, per league sources.

Tests are being reviewed for the official diagnosis.

JosinaAnderson @JosinaAnderson

I'm told the #Browns have concern that WR Michael Woods II may have torn his Achilles while working out with QB Deshaun Watson in Texas, per league sources.
Tests are being reviewed for the official diagnosis.
send them Cory Davis for a 2nd and sign Odell

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see any other NFL News threads..........

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

The #Steelers are working to finalize a trade to acquire veteran WR Allen Robinson from the #Rams and have been granted permission to give him a physical, per sources. If the Steelers are comfortable with the physical, Robinson is expected to land in Pittsburgh.

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I don't see any other NFL News threads..........

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

The #Steelers are working to finalize a trade to acquire veteran WR Allen Robinson from the #Rams and have been granted permission to give him a physical, per sources. If the Steelers are comfortable with the physical, Robinson is expected to land in Pittsburgh.

Don't expect it will cost much in draft comp. Robinson has really declined due to wear and tear. He's gone from an elite WR to a plodding possession target.

• Upvote 2

I see some draft scenarios the pundits are pushing that makes zero sense to me at all.

The 'experts' keep trying to shoe horn a QB of the future high pick to Seattle or Detroit.   Geno is only 32, Goff is only 28 both teams seem highly satisfied with these guys in the near term as in for at least a couple more years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I see some draft scenarios the pundits are pushing that makes zero sense to me at all.

The 'experts' keep trying to shoe horn a QB of the future high pick to Seattle or Detroit.   Geno is only 32, Goff is only 28 both teams seem highly satisfied with these guys in the near term as in for at least a couple more years.

Seattle makes a little sense to me, but Detroit makes a ton of sense. Goff already showed on a better Rams team that he's not good enough to get a franchise over the top and win a big game - and that was when he was cheaper on a rookie deal. I don't think he's improved since then. I view him as a bridge quarterback. He's been extremely valuable as a guy who keeps them competitive, but as they start to find more success they're going to hit a ceiling with him at quarterback.

That being the case, if they like a prospect this is their opportunity to bring him in, develop him with no pressure for him to play right away, and when he's ready plop a talented guy who knows their system into an offense with a great line and receiving talent. And they might not even need to trade up to do it. Can hang on to all that other draft capital and work on improving the defense.

Of course they need to love the guy they take - we were both talking about that in the draft prospects thread earlier. But this is the ultimate opportunity to let a guy develop at his own pace on a competitive team and plop him into a good situation whenever he's ready to play. And ideally at that point they'll have hit their ceiling with Goff and need a shake up to improve their chance of being a high end team. Timing is absolutely perfect for them.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, derp said:

Seattle makes a little sense to me, but Detroit makes a ton of sense. Goff already showed on a better Rams team that he's not good enough to get a franchise over the top and win a big game - and that was when he was cheaper on a rookie deal. I don't think he's improved since then. I view him as a bridge quarterback. He's been extremely valuable as a guy who keeps them competitive, but as they start to find more success they're going to hit a ceiling with him at quarterback.

That being the case, if they like a prospect this is their opportunity to bring him in, develop him with no pressure for him to play right away, and when he's ready plop a talented guy who knows their system into an offense with a great line and receiving talent. And they might not even need to trade up to do it. Can hang on to all that other draft capital and work on improving the defense.

Of course they need to love the guy they take - we were both talking about that in the draft prospects thread earlier. But this is the ultimate opportunity to let a guy develop at his own pace on a competitive team and plop him into a good situation whenever he's ready to play. And ideally at that point they'll have hit their ceiling with Goff and need a shake up to improve their chance of being a high end team. Timing is absolutely perfect for them.

You are really talking about Goff from years ago.  Goff got to the Super bowl, he was excellent last year, more than excellent

29 tds, 7 ints, 65%, 4,400 yards.   You hope a drafted guy gets you that.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are really talking about Goff from years ago.  Goff got to the Super bowl, he was excellent last year, more than excellent

29 tds, 7 ints, 65%, 4,400 yards.   You hope a drafted guy gets you that.

I'm talking about the Goff that got to the Super Bowl on a loaded Rams team when he was on his rookie deal, looked bad in the Super Bowl, never broke through, and they decided they needed Matthew Stafford to get over the top. Same guy. He had excellent stats on those Rams teams too.

Depends what a team's goals are, but I assume most organizations are looking for rings. That's not happening with Goff eating up $30M of cap space.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

I'm talking about the Goff that got to the Super Bowl on a loaded Rams team when he was on his rookie deal, looked bad in the Super Bowl, never broke through, and they decided they needed Matthew Stafford to get over the top. Same guy. He had excellent stats on those Rams teams too.

Depends what a team's goals are, but I assume most organizations are looking for rings. That's not happening with Goff eating up $30M of cap space.

Then the jets are really screwed with this pursuit of rodgers.  (Cap wise and not winning anything for the last 13 years on some stacked teams)

Goff at this point in time is a good QB all the new guys are big ?  I'd take Goff on the jets quite easily at this point in time.  

In any case we shall see in a little over a week.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Then the jets are really screwed with this pursuit of rodgers.  (Cap wise and not winning anything for the last 13 years on some stacked teams)

Goff at this point in time is a good QB all the new guys are big ?  I'd take Goff on the jets quite easily at this point in time.  

In any case we shall see in a little over a week.

I think there's an important distinction between the Rodgers not winning with the the Packers and the Rams not winning with Goff, but I'm sure you know that. The Rams moved Goff because they realized they'd hit their ceiling with him. There wasn't a point that the Packers realized they weren't able to win because Rodgers wasn't good enough.

Who's the last Goff level quarterback to win a Super Bowl while not on his rookie deal? Brad Johnson over 20 years ago? It's elite guys or rookies nowadays. Drafting guarantees you one and is your best shot at the other too. They want to get over the top they'll have to draft somebody eventually. Better to be early than late. Again, they need to love a guy. But it makes so much sense for that organization.