Jets meet with Anthony Richardson at combine

He said on Rich show he met with the Jets BUT the only way this happens if we crap out on Rodgers and Lamar and have to fall back on one of those 2nd tier options.

Rodgers would strangle JD and Saleh if they took a QB in the first round while he is on the roster 

Just now, oatmeal said:

He said on Rich show he met with the Jets BUT the only way this happens if we crap out on Rodgers and Lamar and have to fall back on one of those 2nd tier options.

Rodgers would strangle JD and Saleh if they took a QB in the first round while he is on the roster 

Agreed. If we miss out on both Rodgers and Lamar I’d turn to the draft to find the next QB

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetswinbaby! said:

Hmmm...

An raw, athletic QB with questionable accuracy...

What could go wrong?...

Josh Allen turned out ok with those same questions. It’s obviously all a crapshoot when it comes to these young QBs. But I’d keep taking chances on drafting these guys till we hit on one.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Josh Allen turned out ok with those same questions. It’s obviously all a crapshoot when it comes to these young QBs. But I’d keep taking chances on drafting these guys till we hit on one.

This dude played in a spread offense, Josh Allen did so in a pro-style offense. Not even Jonnie Cochran can defend his inaccuracies issues. With that said, I rather draft this dude then go into camp with Wilson at QB. 

I don’t think he’s going to be there at 13. And not sure if the Jets have the pick at 13 come draft day. But in the case he is there and they hang on to the pick, I think this is something they need to have done their due diligence on.

Richardson needs time a year or two. None of the veteran options at this point will be playing more than a couple of years. Timeline would match up pretty nicely. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, derp said:

I don’t think he’s going to be there at 13. And not sure if the Jets have the pick at 13 come draft day. But in the case he is there and they hang on to the pick, I think this is something they need to have done their due diligence on.

Richardson needs time a year or two. None of the veteran options at this point will be playing more than a couple of years. Timeline would match up pretty nicely. 

He almost certainly will not be there like you said.

But if he is…..do you trust this offensive coaching staff to develop this raw talent? 

40 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If we dont get Rodgers, Im not against this. Sign a stop gap like Brissett and draft this guy. Let Brissett start in 2023. If Zach shows anything, let Zach start in 2024. If he is not it, you’ve been grooming this kid for two years.

I mean honestly, Carr was the only long term option. Rodgers, JimmyG, Brissett, anyone else are stop gaps. So regardless of who they sign, drafting a QB imo is crucial. Hooker should def be looked at. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I mean honestly, Carr was the only long term option. Rodgers, JimmyG, Brissett, anyone else are stop gaps. So regardless of who they sign, drafting a QB imo is crucial. Hooker should def be looked at. 

Hooker is how I would go as well. But if they think this kid is legit, I’m ok with that.

46 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

He almost certainly will not be there like you said.

But if he is…..do you trust this offensive coaching staff to develop this raw talent? 

Season 4 No GIF by The Office

So, fair point to be sure. It’s one of the reasons I’m on the brink with this franchise. I think drafting and developing a QB is easily the best move - highest upside and the contract raises the floor for the team too - but have no faith in them doing it, and have no faith in ownership to bring in guys I would believe could do it. But when we’re talking about what they should do that kind of stuff gets hard to separate. And at least when he goes on to turn around the Lions I’ll feel like I was generally on the right track with what I wanted the Jets to do, I guess.

• Haha 1

The Jets are in a funny spot, because if they do end up with Rodgers they almost need to draft another QB, because Rodgers will be playing for 2 years max.

But in order for the Jets to be successful with Rodgers, they need to stack the roster.  

Based on his contract, if Rodgers plays on the Jets in 2023 his cap hit is around $16mm (reasonable, but more than Carr's $8mm hit in 2023) and around $25mm in 2024.  What could go wrong?   When he retires the remaining amounts on his contract have to be accounted for, hopefully over 2 years,  That will be either $40mm over two years or $60mm+ over two years.  The Jets will need a rookie QB then, but by not using all of their draft picks on support for Rodgers, they would be squandering the opportunity.

So when Rodgers leaves, they basically end up with the future equivalent of Chris Strevelar while they build the roster back up.

Just stupid.  

Maybe I am missing something. I get he is tall and athletic and runs fast, but has anyone looked at his QB stats in college ? They aren’t good. I don’t claim to have watched much Gator football, but can someone tell me what I am not seeing ?

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

This dude played in a spread offense, Josh Allen did so in a pro-style offense. Not even Jonnie Cochran can defend his inaccuracies issues. With that said, I rather draft this dude then go into camp with Wilson at QB. 

Maybe Richardson was wearing ill-fitting gloves?

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Honestly at this point just draft this kid. He’s a physical specimen 

He’s a head case. 54% completeion rate in college yuk Uggg 12 starts. LOL ??‍♂️. He just threw his entire WR corp in college under the bus saying he’d have a higher completion rate if his passes were caught. LOL ? Perhaps if they were catchable. We need to just do a better job at scouting these QB’s. Why is it Herbert, Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, Jackson, etc etc etc just slip right through our fingers and we get stuck with the Geno Smiths, Sam Darnolds and Zach Wilson’s. Just pathetic.