Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Carr close to signing with the Saints tells me the first domino has fallen, but has yet to be announced.  

The Jets know this and so does Carr.

So when will Rodgers to the Jets be announced?  My guess is today or tomorrow.  It really makes no sense waiting further ..

What will be the cost?  2nd round 2023 and a 2024 conditional pick (3rd to as high as 1st).

Rodgers will agree to shave $10M off his contract and the Packers will agree to eat $20M for a better trade.

Why will this happen?  Because Rodgers has worn out his welcome with the Pack + he will not just leave close to $60M on the table + the Jets are pursuing him most aggressively + he's a good match with Hackett + he saw first hand that the Jets have a top tier defense + his ego sees finishing his career with a parade down Broadway

What will I do if it doesn't happen?  Sky dive with a faulty parachute onto Joe Douglas' front lawn

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

- Find our he is returning today

- Find out he wants to play or is traded to the Jets tomorrow on McAfee ~2pm

Compensation: 2023 second & conditional 2024 1st if Jets make Playoffs

C'mon man.  We almost made the playoffs with Mike F'n White, Statue Joe and Zach Knoblauch.  Has to be the Super Bowl to start floating 1st rounders as conditional picks...

• Sympathy 1

We will find out tomorrow that Rodgers will be a Jet.

GB receives a 2023 2nd and a 2024 conditional pick that starts as a 3rd and can be a 1st if the Jets make it to the AFC Championship game.

Jets get Rodgers and a conditional 2025 3rd if Rodgers decides not to play in 2024.

Rodgers contract gets restructured.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

What a bunch of F'ing mOrons. I love Aaron Rodgers BUT I don't want him as our QB. TOTAL disaster waiting to happen. PLUS the draft capital he will cost us. We could have had Carr for nothing in comp. UNREAL if it comes to pass. I'm disgusted. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

What a bunch of F'ing mOrons. I love Aaron Rodgers BUT I don't want him as our QB. TOTAL disaster waiting to happen. PLUS the draft capital he will cost us. We could have had Carr for nothing in comp. UNREAL if it comes to pass. I'm disgusted. 

Then you don't really love him

Prove it

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Assuming that Carr actually wanted to sign here to begin with it's been reported that Carr is soft and can't handle criticism. Imagine that with our media and fan base. As a Jet Carr would have been torn a new one prior to week one because that's how our media rolls. The fans would be swatting his home after the first losing streak claiming that he robbed woody johnson.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Consider the QBs the jets have and the ones that actually did something. Remember when they signed boomer or O’Donnell?  How did those guys work out? Or then there’s Vinny, fitzy, and mccown? Both Vinny and fitzy became starters because the seasons starter was injured or got his jaw broke. Only Favre came in as a starter and showed some real promise.  The point is these high priced guys don’t have such a great record with the jets.

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Consider the QBs the jets have and the ones that actually did something. Remember when they signed boomer or O’Donnell?  How did those guys work out? Or then there’s Vinny, fitzy, and mccown? Both Vinny and fitzy became starters because the seasons starter was injured or got his jaw broke. Only Favre came in as a starter and showed some real promise.  The point is these high priced guys don’t have such a great record with the jets.

The only one of them that was a legit star and future hall of famer was Favre.  The other guys were mostly has beens or never were's 

Rodgers is on a different level even than Favre.  I have real concerns with Rodgers age, but if he's not really in decline you are getting a top 5 QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

Rodgers is gonna incur a serious cap hit here no matter how much the Packers are willing to take. He bitched a lot about losing Avante Adams, but that happened mostly because Rodgers wasn't giving any discount. I don't fault players for trying to max out their contracts in this BS commie system. but it's a reality. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That is a horrifically bad trade.  

It sure is.

But it's my guess as to what it's going to be.  

I really do think there's a reason Rodgers is seemingly only attached to the Jets.  It's probably because the Jets have offered an irresponsible haul for him that no other team is willing to match.

Rodgers just has to decide, does he want to play football at all if it means playing for the Jets.  I suspect it's a tough choice - and why it's taking so long.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It sure is.

I really do think there's a reason Rodgers is seemingly only attached to the Jets.  It's probably because the Jets have offered an irresponsible haul for him that no other team is willing to match.

Rodgers just has to decide, does he want to play football at all if it means playing for the Jets.  I suspect it's a tough choice - and why it's taking so long.

Wonder if Rodgers is using the Jets to get the Raiders to bite. Downside is a old guy like Rodgers is not gonna appreciate 30 seconds of Josh McTurd. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It sure is.

Yes, because if JD has shown us anything, it's that he's all about paying irresponsibly for players in trades.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The only one of them that was a legit star and future hall of famer was Favre.  The other guys were mostly has beens or never were's 

Rodgers is on a different level even than Favre.  I have real concerns with Rodgers age, but if he's not really in decline you are getting a top 5 QB in the NFL.

His skill set is that of a top 5 QB but I am concerned with his level of selfishness and his me attitude. I can see him coming to NY and acting like he is above being a guy who hangs with other players or is great in the locker room. He has a very ME attitude.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Aaron Rodgers is about one thing and that is Aaron Rodgers. He is in no hurry to make this move because it is his life and he wants to be happy. If we get him he will play this season after reporting at the last minute, being a disinterested teammate, and then he will put the organization and fans in a tizzy next year as he decides..am I going to play? I dont know let me take my time to figure it out. HUGE MISTAKE LETTING CARR GO. 

Will take a bad week or 2 of camp before Rodgers retirement talk gets going. He's gonna want the same schedule that Brady had with the Bucs this year. How did that half assed uninvested crap work out?