Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

OR

Has more of a vested interest in painting the Packers situation in a better light to help them get a better deal. 

Valid but inclined to believe him.  Seen him a couple times on Eisen doesn't seem like he has a stake either way. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

baloney.  perhaps in the past  this was rich folks networking.

the quality of the people at the elite colleges now is quite amazing.

College, just like K-12, has been watered down dramatically. The bulk of students at most colleges simply jump through hoops and build up debt only to complain later that they can't find a job or pay their bills. The amount of useless degrees out there is staggering. I have a masters and work with people with their doctorate so I'm not some jealous person who knows nothing about college. Even the PHD people are often rather dim as they simply spend the time and money to placate their ego, but that doesn't equate to ability or IQ. Schools don't fail people anymore, and college teaching jobs are based on popularity (class enrollment). More and more students complain about teachers who hold them accountable. Maybe you should check out some articles about the state of K-12 education because that's where college student come from.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

College, just like K-12, has been watered down dramatically. The bulk of students at most colleges simply jump through hoops and build up debt only to complain later that they can't find a job or pay their bills. The amount of useless degrees out there is staggering. I have a masters and work with people with their doctorate so I'm not some jealous person who knows nothing about college. Even the PHD people are often rather dim as they simply spend the time and money to placate their ego, but that doesn't equate to ability or IQ. Schools don't fail people anymore, and college teaching jobs are based on popularity (class enrollment). More and more students complain about teachers who hold them accountable. Maybe you should check out some articles about the state of K-12 education because that's where college student come from.
I can tell you personally there are a number of inaccuracies in this post..some bordering on comical.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yes...but the bigger....biggest issue is that the educational system (especially in this country) is a complete failure.

It has become an overwhelming redundant practice of memorization and conformity under the guise of encouragement and enlightenment.

I'll get to the rest of your post, later. 

K-12 is a dumping ground. It's a place for single mothers who don't work to dump their kids off so they can get their nails done. The kids with parents? They are held hostage by those kids. Teachers are by and large are unqualified, grown up children, themselves. The ones who don't suffer from arrested development are terrified out their minds. They all chase the carrot that after 30 years of complete insanity they can get a pretty decent pension. Public schools would no longer even be a thing if not for the teachers unions. They are the horse and buggy to the automobile.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 2

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Off topic but did you know that if you finish a bucket of chicken at kfc they will give you free refills on the bucket? You have to eat it in the store though no takeout. You’re welcome. 

I did NOT know that. You'd think one of those useless elective courses would have taught me that at some point.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Off topic but did you know that if you finish a bucket of chicken at kfc they will give you free refills on the bucket? You have to eat it in the store though no takeout. You’re welcome. 

Once they refill your bucket how do they stop you from walking out with it?

It's all about deadlines IMO.

Packers -  Do the Packers want a pick this year? The draft is their deadline. If they don't care then it's to their benefit to wait til June 1st. At that point they could be willing to wait til week 1.

Jets - if the Packers don't care about this year's pick, then this could last until the Jets deadline. I'd imagine that to be training camp. This is when I think we will offer our highest offer. We'll want Rodgers to be perfectly in sync with our WRs.

Wildcard #1 - Packers open up a trade to the NFC. Will Jets still be his preferred choice? I'd imagine San Fran may be really attractive. 

Wildcard #2 - Will Rodgers retire to screw them over? How does that impact the whole situation

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Hey nerds, maybe you should post your dumb opinions about the educational system on the Dept of Educative fan forum site instead of a Jets fan site, specifically in the Aaron Rodgers rumor thread. 

Picturing a bunch of Aaron Sorkins writing up essays on this forum and ending every post with “Thank you Mr. President”.

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Same in the UK.  I have two friends who are college professors and they say the school won't let them fail a student.  Kid does a paper, they grade it and return it with basically every answer they'll need on the second attempt.  The kid takes the template they give them, put it in their own words and get a pass.

• Sympathy 1