Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

33 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is some serious boasting and positioning in this thread about fan prophecy and credibility as it relates to football acumen and message board competency.

What Jetnation really needs to do is create Jetnation digital poster cards. On the front will be each message board jockey with a picture of them on the computer replete with any personal items they think befits their Jetnation username.

On the back will be their statistics. Included but open for discussion:

TSA- Thread starter ability. The count on replies on threads that you start.

KAA- Kiss Ass Ability- Average number positive rep per post you make.

CICTBT-Credibility I Claim To Be True- The number of times I claim I have been right on this board.

TSMS-TomShane Memorial Stat (Not meant to be confused with the T0mShane Memorial stat)-Snark factorization of posts.

LAMLAM-Look at me, look at me- How many Youtube videos you add of yourself with comments you could have just typed.

BMWOTKF-BMWs owned to Kenmores factor. How successful you are in the reality of life outside Jetnation.

PHILC1s-How many multiple aliases you have on the board.

ILMs-I Love Myself-A multiple alias that reps one of your other aliases.

BWO's-Ban Worthy offenses.

I am sure I missed many. Crusher will be responsible to be our compiler of stats.

All the kids will want to have these digital cards. I will trade you 2 @Jetsfan80 for a @jgb you stupid cuck.

I want this, but mine will be an NFT that I sell to celebrities.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

All the eggs are now in the Rodgers basket. Does JD survive a Rogers retirement? 

How is this JD's fault?  Maybe it's Woody's fault, but of course you can't fire the owner.  If JD gets fired, it is because of one, and only one thing: drafting Zach Wilson.  Zach is a career killer.

p.s. the only other thing that can get JD fired is confirmation of the alleged pretzel abuse incident.  :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I appreciate Mogglez too. I've been around this message board long enough to know who's reputable around here. I appreciate those who are kind enough to share tidbits of information with us about our favorite team. It's what makes JetNation great. To the best of my knowledge and judgement both Mogglez and footballguy are legit. For some reason you got a problem with footballguy. I got a tell ya, Green Ghost, you've been such a bitch around here since the Super Bowl after you wrongfully chastised JiF for calling out SamSamHe'sOurMan for his thugfest comments regarding the Super Bowl halftime shows. Now you're going after me because I appreciated footballguy for sharing info with us - I guess it's your way to make up with JiF and Jetsfan80. On more than one occasion you've been trying to emasculate me by saying things like I'm trying to marry footballguy or I'm his cuck. Truth is you're acting like JiF and Jetsfan80's "cuck". As you would say, "Am I right?"

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

• More Ugh 1

56 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

the article contributes zero new info that hasn't already been discussed.  The article does not show he is "uncommitted" whatsoever.   There can be a multitude of reasons for an announcement delay.  

53 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

All I can say Woody and the fans that wanted Rogers or nothing got what they deserved said this guy is a headcase. Even if he comes here eventually is he really going to show up at OTAS and get ready for the season?  I doubt it. This will be a disaster if he does come here. Already proving to be Jets lost out on PlanB plus White who as injury prone as he is is still better then Zach so unless the Jets strike gold on QB in the draft the season is a write off. 

oh geez.  take a pill.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Aaron Rodgers is mind ******* people. What time does this guy PM’s show start? 

It’s silly to even speculate, but the one Easter egg was him basically saying no one knows sh*t besides him and whatever hippies he hangs with these days.    He could just as easily be messing with Wingo too. Maybe he announces on Mcafee, but if that’s how it goes down I have a hard time imagining it would be announce he’s coming to the Jets of all places. This feels like it’s setting up for him to return to the Packers. JMO. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s silly to even speculate, but the one Easter egg was him basically saying no one knows sh*t besides him and whatever hippies he hangs with these days.    He could just as easily be messing with Wingo too. Maybe he announces on Mcafee, but if that’s how it goes down I have a hard time imagining it would be announce he’s coming to the Jets of all places. This feels like it’s setting up for him to return to the Packers. JMO. 

It does feel like this.  Yet the jets seem oddly calm.  Either they’re too smug or too stupid.  What does history suggest?

• Upvote 1

I think it's only a matter of time before it's official. But we really are in the palm of his hand. Mainly because we have no good options after him. Lamar isn't very realistic given his contract demands. Highly doubt we fork up the draft capital to move up for a guy. So we miss out on AR and we are at that tier of Brissett, Mayfield and such. Which in turn makes us HAVE TO be all in on Rodgers.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

Those two guys joined loaded playoff teams and put them over the edge 

The Jets are not loaded they are a last place team with a janky ol. 

The Favre year is a great comparison. About half a good year, the wheels fall off and everyone gets fired. That's about how this goes 

The difference is that the Jets were able to try and again quickly. The Rodgers contract means they have this massive dead space for like 2 years after Rodgers inevitably flames out 

It's a destructive short term choice and it's not going to end well. 

Like the bills are scared of Aaron Rodgers? They beat him by 10 last year 

Zach Wilson beat the Bills and Aaron Rodgers last year. @Hal N of Provo

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Of course it is.  Does anyone here actually think that Rodgers was invested in Football last year?  He didnt give AF about the teams success and that's suddenly going to change?  lo. 

Hey come on once he gets to the Jets, I’m sure he’ll be 110% invested

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Oh my friend .. you must be new here .. the land where most of the brilliant minds believe that the QB is all that controls the outcome of the game and that the QB position should be capable of levitating off the ground 15 feet in the air when their abysmal OLine allows free rushers everywhere. There is no excuse for getting pummeled repeatedly .. and any QB should welcome the beating .. what's a few ribs ?

The Jets Defense matters not to these self proclaimed Oppenheimers .. no my friend . I would further argue Reason matters not ... Foolish simplistic agenda driven babble rules the day ... And the sooner you realize that ... The sooner your mind will be open to melting into the drivel driven mob that haunts these parts...

All are welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Not new. Been here since 2008. I just sometimes forget who my audience is.

• Upvote 2

That is a fair point that we as an organization feel incredibly calm about this. I think we know something. Maybe AR said today is the day he wants to announce from the get go. So we've respected that and have stayed quiet to no upset him since last week.

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

In 21 my hot take that turned me into a pariah was that Zach wilson isn't very good at qb 

In 23 my hot take that turns me into a pariah is that Aaron Rodgers is washed up at qb 

In a vacuum these are reasonable takes. Right now there's no tolerance for reasonable 

People are dreaming. A team with a 12 year playoff drought does not become a super bowl contender because they add a 40 year old QB 

That's not how any of that works 

You guys are just lucky I'm missing the part of my brain that distinguishes between good and bad attention 

Please don't compare your two predictions as if there is some connection between them.  More than half the board didn't want Wilson and predicted he'd be a giant bust risk, including me, so congrats for joining the majority on that one. BFD.  Predicting that a BYU QB who never faced a top NCAA pass rush would be a failure in the NFL is nothing to brag about.   Rodgers is the best option out of the list for 2023 and 2024.  Thank heavens that the Raiders got Garoppolo, who is and will remain to be an unmitigated NFL disaster. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Posters on this board calling him a savior before the draft were a minority.

More people either preferred drafting Fields or running it back with Darnold.

Once he was drated, the board mostly rallied behind the kid hoping he was good because there was no other choice.

Then the games started. 

Please Do Not Disturb the Bit's thinking.  Selective memory in progress.