Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I have said this a few times but it seems to get ignored. We have already done this trade. For Favre.

The trade compensation should be no more than that trade and probably less. Green Bay is the leveraged one here, not the Jets.

Looks and smells very much like an ownership decision rather than a football one. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

His skill set is that of a top 5 QB 

To be honest at this point I think the statement should be WAS a Top 5 QB. If you look at history, and consider the fact that Rodgers is already half retired, and his performance last year, there is no reasonable objective expectation that he will perform anywhere near a Top 5 QB in the NFL. 40 year old QBs tend to fall off the hill and almost all QBs have declined precipitously after 38. Rodgers should be a hard pass. Only the Jets are dumb enough to consider this move. Quite honestly, I think the trade should be something like a conditional 3rd in 2024 and we get a non-conditional 4th from GB and the conditional pick can only go up to a 2nd. GB is in a horrible situation. They have zero leverage.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Rodgers traded to the Jets for a 2023 2nd round pick, and a conditional pick in 2024 that can rise as high as a 1st for a Superbowl win.

At the press conference to announce his signing, Rodgers demands that the lights are switched off and he then stabs Woody in the eye with a J&J Covid shot while repeatedly shouting "fully vaxed, MFer!"

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

To be honest at this point I think the statement should be WAS a Top 5 QB. If you look at history, and consider the fact that Rodgers is already half retired, and his performance last year, there is no reasonable objective expectation that he will perform anywhere near a Top 5 QB in the NFL. 40 year old QBs tend to fall off the hill and almost all QBs have declined precipitously after 38. Rodgers should be a hard pass. Only the Jets are dumb enough to consider this move. Quite honestly, I think the trade should be something like a conditional 3rd in 2024 and we get a non-conditional 4th from GB and the conditional pick can only go up to a 2nd. GB is in a horrible situation. They have zero leverage.

I think this is incredibly fair.  But it's not what's going to happen.

44 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

What a bunch of F'ing mOrons. I love Aaron Rodgers BUT I don't want him as our QB. TOTAL disaster waiting to happen. PLUS the draft capital he will cost us. We could have had Carr for nothing in comp. UNREAL if it comes to pass. I'm disgusted. 

This is assuming Carr would have in fact signed with us and wasn't always going to pick his former HC and the long term security the Saints had to offer to make it work with the cap.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It sure is.

But it's my guess as to what it's going to be.  

I really do think there's a reason Rodgers is seemingly only attached to the Jets.  It's probably because the Jets have offered an irresponsible haul for him that no other team is willing to match.

Rodgers just has to decide, does he want to play football at all if it means playing for the Jets.  I suspect it's a tough choice - and why it's taking so long.

its the money, JD probably don’t want to give what GB wants while taking on all of the money 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have 0 interest in Rodgers.

He will be a Packer or Dolphin.

False, as far as zero interest from the Pigeons. I do wish he will be traded elsewhere and keep his crazy narcissistic @ss elsewhere.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

its the money, JD probably don’t want to give what GB wants while taking on all of the money 

$58 million cap hit means who ever signs Rodgers is going to be trading or waiving important parts of their roster. Why are the Packers going to do the Jets any favors? The loss of talent is gonna hurt.  With this $, Garrapolo is a better option. And why Carr would have been a better option. 

This reeks of Robert Wood Johnson IV running this idiotic decision. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is incredibly fair.  But it's not what's going to happen.

Only doesn't happen if JD loses all rationality and patience.  Here is a thought. If the Jets do not trade for him, there is a slight chance they just release him  and designate him a June 1 cut

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Sure, and that's because he's paying so much in draft capital to get him.

I don't see how this happens without #13,  Sucks but probably the reality.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

If anybody thinks JD is going to make this decision I truly feel sorry for you. Way above his pay grade. This will be made by the guy who gave Farve, Tebow and Revis #2

Woody would not have the tools and or inroads to arrange for Rodgers to come to the Jets, but I am SURE he is full go on it for all the $$$ because Woody wants attention and ticket sales.

This was JD's work with approval and support from Woody

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

$58 million cap hit means who ever signs Rodgers is going to be trading or waiving important parts of their roster. Why are the Packers going to do the Jets any favors? The loss of talent is gonna hurt.  With this $, Garrapolo is a better option. And why Carr would have been a better option. 

This reeks of Robert Wood Johnson IV running this idiotic decision. 

I am no fan of Woody or his meddling, but if you think that trying to get Aaron Rodgers is an "idiotic decision", you're addicted to the Jets sucking.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1