Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, #90 said:

He is not agreeing to a trade until the Jets sign all off his boys as well.....

That is what the "hold up" (Literally) is.

The Jets should have never gotten into this with this nut f-ing job!

( Mr. Sitting in an outhouse in the dark for 3 days to find love for himself)

Aaron Rodgers has provided the NY Jets with a wish-list of free agents he would like them to target and acquire, per sources. It includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis and….Odell Beckham Jr.

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why people are bitching about Aaron Rodgers wish list. 

Lazard is an upgrade over Davis

Cobb is an upgrade over Berrios as a WR

Mercedes Lewis is one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.

Those additions not only upgrade the team but they make Rodgers more comfortable. I don't understand what the problem is. 

I think it's the optics of the Jets signing them before Rodgers, like they are being made to run around and do his bidding. Had we signed him first and then went and got his guys it would feel totally different, like how the Bucs went and signed a bunch of guys to complement their Brady signing.

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

It's mostly people on their 10th booster and who watch too much CNN and ESPN and have been brainwashed into thinking Rogers is worse than a guy who raped 30 women.

Wrong guy lol..  Ive taken 3 shots and will never watch the other station that outright lies to viewers while texting each other their true feelings. 

I don't care if Aaron got vaccinated or not and pretty sure no one else does any longer. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Their alternative plan is to go 9-8 this year and let Douglas pick the QB4 in next year’s draft pool.

The Jets have gone all-in on the let's stack the good young core with old guys and weirdos plan several times during Woody's tenure. Not only has it worked out horribly every single time, but the years that it takes to recover from said plan have been extensively longer than it would take to recover from your average bad year. This is like the sixth film in the Kickboxer franchise and you're here lecturing me about how the seventh one will finally live up to the original.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pac said:

Wrong guy lol..  Ive taken 3 shots and will never watch a station that outright lies to viewers while texting each other their true feelings. 

I don't care if Aaron got vaccinated or not and pretty sure no one else does any longer. 

no politics

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I tell my son this all the time. He likes to “collect” things and not open them saying they’ll be worth a lot. I told him the things that will be worth a lot are things people aren’t collecting. This is too philosophical a concept for a 9 year old.

20 minutes ago, Arsis said:

That's not true. If I had my Pokémon cards from when I was a kid I'd be ******* rich

So... you didn't collect them.

the jesus win GIF

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Rodgers coming to the Jets isn’t clear at all. He could just as easily be playing Woody as he is Schefter. Rodgers feeding his wishlist to Russinni could be him making the Jets look silly just as much as it’s him being serious.

Because a grown man has nothing better to do with his time 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, joebabyny said:

I think it's the optics of the Jets signing them before Rodgers, like they are being made to run around and do his bidding. Had we signed him first and then went and got his guys it would feel totally different, like how the Bucs went and signed a bunch of guys to complement their Brady signing.

have the jets actually signed any of these guys?  or even agreed to a deal with them (since they can't actually sign anyone until tomorrow)?

of course, it's quite possible that the front office knows that rodgers deal is done, but not yet announced.  in which case, they DID get rodgers first, and then added some of his guys (assuming this turns out to be the case)

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You mean she listed all of the names the Jets have been tied to already.

Would have been an interesting tweet if it happened before we knew they were going after these guys.

She's one of the bigger frauds out there this year.  Probably savoring watching Schefter and Rappoport's balls get squeezed.  Whats worse is the actual number of people who believe every word she and the others spit out.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

have the jets actually signed any of these guys?  or even agreed to a deal with them (since they can't actually sign anyone until tomorrow)?

of course, it's quite possible that the front office knows that rodgers deal is done, but not yet announced.  in which case, they DID get rodgers first, and then added some of his guys (assuming this turns out to be the case)

Jets haveNy announced Rodgers, what’s to say they’ll announce anyone right away?

12 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

His last contract was signed March 17, 2022 and by law an NFL contract cannot be reworked until 1 year has passed.

This is good information, it only took what?  200 odd pages ?…anyway excellent point, I for one did not appreciate that and I’ve not heard anyone else join the dots on this either so thanks, it might explain everything 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

This is good information, it only took what?  200 odd pages ?…anyway excellent point, I for one did not appreciate that and I’ve not heard anyone else join the dots on this either so thanks, it might explain everything 

It would also ruin a lot of NFL "Insiders" agendas, so shhhhh!

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Doug. I would never, ever attempt to lecture you. I know we’ve tried the washed-vet superteam a few times already, but this iteration would be like if Rex and Tannenbaum successfully landed Peyton Manning after 2011, except Rodgers is better now than Peyton was at that point. Maybe it works, or maybe it’ll just be good theater

Who the **** are you calling Doug 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

Its the optics of what seems to be AR handing Joe D a list and saying get some of these guys and then I'll come over. I don't know if that happened, but it seems that way from the way it is transpiring. 

I just want to say, myself, I have no problem with any of this, I am on board with AR coming here and pretty much any other support cast the Jets grab towards that goal.