Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

How about that Cobb wouldn't be a bad 5th option the fact of Moore learning from a great slot WR that has played with AR? That can only help right? Having guys that make us better that ALSO can help our young WRs learn AR, the system, etc. That's a win win. 

Steve Harvey Applause GIF by ABC Network

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Corey Davis is 28 and came into the Jets as a quality run blocker from a run first offense. And he’d had two seasons better than Lazard’s best career season thus far.

If Lazard is cheaper and has familiarity with the QB then that’s great but let’s not overrate him too much. Hopefully he’s a WR3 who adds a different skill set to the room.

Good post, if the jets pay Lazard more than Davis (a contract they can get out of easily) it we’ll be a head scratcher.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Exactly.  Cobb is an upgrade over Smith.  As a player and in the WR room.

We have to look at who these guys are replacing and what they're being paid before judging the moves.

It's going to be fun to see Cobb be the gunner on special teams, that will be a real treat.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Don't trade Ruckert. He finally got playing time last game of the season and was laying dudes out. Beast.

Don't like talk of replacing Ruckert and Moore with older versions. 

Mercedes Lewis is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL.  Ruckert does not compare to him at this point. Also, Ruckert won't be traded.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Jets fans have been programmed to be miserable all the time. 3 generations of losing can destroy even the most even keeled fan. I constantly have to fight the negative energy that builds up inside me every time I see the Jets logo! ?

I think Adam Gase was the tipping point that sent the last few holdouts over the edge. ?

Me too my friend!

And in truth thank goodness that we have this forum to speak out good or bad, rain or shine!

For once in a while something great might be coming our way and it is just hard to believe!

• Post of the Week 4

Just now, Beerfish said:

It's going to be fun to see Cobb be the gunner on special teams, that will be a real treat.

Will since the 2 guys who are already the gunners both play on defense I don't think you'll have to worry about that. 

What a dumb statement. You must be a joy at parties

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why people are bitching about Aaron Rodgers wish list. 

Lazard is an upgrade over Davis

Cobb is an upgrade over Berrios as a WR

Mercedes Lewis is one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.

Those additions not only upgrade the team but they make Rodgers more comfortable. I don't understand what the problem is. 

I would almost guarantee that when the Jets met with him in Cali, they asked him if there were guys he would like the Jets to pick up in free agency, if he agreed to come here. 

11 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The number of red flags just continues to grow. Building a team around a 39 year old QB who considers retirement every offseason is wild. 

nah   Id expect this from a vet QB like Rodgers on the move. Brady did it.  It's not uncommon.  Just want JD to make the right choices for this offense.  Corey Davis, for a former 1st rd pick, was straight ass most of the time.  Lazard, for an UDFA, produces as much, so no red flag there.  If they feel that an inexpensive Cobb and/or Lewis would solidify the room, then there's no harm and again, no red flag for me.  

OBJ should be a red flag on fire and dripping blood for all humans in any field of employment or social appearance.   Don't want him anywhere near Garrett Wilson or Elijah Moore.  He should be

file.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Will since the 2 guys who are already the gunners both play on defense I don't think you'll have to worry about that. 

What a dumb statement. You must be a joy at parties

The claim to fame of Jeff Smith and the reason he is on the team is because he is a special teams ace.  People want to slap Cobb on the team for no reason other than he is Rodgers buddy.  If Rodgers is not the QB would it make any sense at all to go after this player?  No.

I want the Jets to build the best team they can and win, this is not a charity for near retired players.

And as I've said before, the same people who bleated about rodgers having no one to throw to last year to excuse his worst year since being a rookie are all clamoring for us to get the jags and stiffs he threw to last year.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

OBJ should be a red flag on fire and dripping blood for all humans in any field of employment or social appearance.   Don't want him anywhere near Garrett Wilson or Elijah Moore.  He should be

file.jpg

I agree. He's a puckered starfish.

14 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

lmfao, OBJ and Aaron Rodgers.

Remember when they were building this the right way, a way Jets fans have never seen done properly because usually it's a quick fix or something?  lolololol

Yup.

JD folded as soon as his job was on the line.  He had a six year deal and tried to do it right.  Missed on the #2 overall QB and put him behind the 8 Ball.

This is all the result of that miss.

With that said, it's where we are now - so might as well just get on board and try and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Mercedes Lewis is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL.  Ruckert does not compare to him at this point. Also, Ruckert won't be traded.

I didn't say anything about Lewis. But since you mention him, yeah, but dude is ancient.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Who would it be hurting?

Lewis would cost nothing and be a 3rd TE and actually valuable for blocking.

Cobb would cost nothing and can be a 5th WR for us. Can only help the young guys like GW and Moore learn the system and get on the same page as AR.

Lazard is 27 and is probably the best FA WR available. Just so happens he played with AR. He'd be a great addition regardless.

I fundamentally disagree with signing players just because one player demands it. Especially when that one player isn’t sure if he wants to continue playing football. 

I know everyone else is excited so I’m not going be a broken record about this, I’m just displeased with this entire process. And I don’t see this leading to a Super Bowl win. 

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

Yup.

JD folded as soon as his job was on the line.

Did you expect him to passively think long term, then hand in his resignation?

He had a six year deal and tried to do it right.  Missed on the #2 overall QB and put him behind the 8 Ball.

Zach Wilson's historic busting has screwed everything. 

And directly put the JD/Saleh regime in the hot seat for 2023.

This is all the result of that miss.

With that said, it's where we are now - so might as well just get on board and try and enjoy the ride.

Yup, I agree.

I am sure I'll still nit pick, analyze and such, but ultimately, the Jets have decided to go mostly-in for a year to break the rut of no playoffs, and maybe make a Super Bowl run (a long shot even with Rodgers and his 1-year-deal posse).

But to be clear, so far at least, we have NOT sold the house to do so.

Sure, Rodgers salary will cap crush us a bit for a year/two.  But it seems (tbd, of ocurse) that we're retaining most of our draft picks, and most of the effort/outlay is very short term, not the kind that would stop us from signing Wilson, or Sauce when that time comes, or to continue to build through the draft for long term.

So in truth, this years Rodgers-run might not be so all-in as some think.  Maybe we're still doing enough "the right way" so that when the Rodger-era passes, we're still young enough and talented enough to slot someone else in.......

.....I wonder who JD thinks that might be. ;) 

• Upvote 3