Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s been spot on on this. But if it was 99% done. It’d be done already today.

He also said be ready for this to go into next week. There’s also something with money due tomorrow as well. I don’t think Jet fans should be worried at all - the Packers want this over with just as much as anybody. They’re not the type of franchise that’s going to sit in a national headline standstill

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Stafford I can agree is a more reliable plan B than overpaying for Tanny from a position of weakness. 

However clearly our scouts don't value them the same or we would have just gone after Stafford in the first place. 

Fact remains, green bay has an item we want, not vice versa.

That’s not what that means at all.

The Jets prefer Rodgers.  Rodgers wants to be here.  Why would they pivot just yet.  Because one side is being unrealistic and re-negged on a handshake deal because they don’t want to look bad?

The cap implications mean that Green Bay’s “leverage” fades more and more as the days go by.  They’re, essentially, banking on Joe Douglas caving into groans by the fanbase, which is not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

well maybe he means that they agreed to 99% of what they asked for but that additional 1% can delay 

That’s exactly what I’m wondering. What could that one percent be that would take it so long

It sounds like it’s more 50% done if anything

also, does anyone know the real asking price from Green Bay?

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

He also said be ready for this to go into next week. There’s also something with money due tomorrow as well. I don’t think Jet fans should be worried at all - the Packers want this over with just as much as anybody. They’re not the type of franchise that’s going to sit in a national headline standstill

This.

• Upvote 1

This holdup can’t be good for the Jets’ offseason plan.

There must be some element of distraction, and the cap uncertainty isn’t good.

They are whiffing in FA DTs left and right.

If they had Rodgers’ locked up, it would free them up to fill the rest of their team needs.

If they can’t fill out the rest of the roster, they’re not winning a SB no matter how well AR plays.

• Thumb Down 3

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a good point tbh 

3 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Interesting. Except I don’t like the 4k yards as part of it. He should do that easily. He averaged 4200yds under Hackett in his MVP seasons. And that was with 1 less game played then there is now. So likely over 4500yds of you add that extra game.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s not what that means at all.

The Jets prefer Rodgers.  Rodgers wants to be here.  Why would they pivot just yet.  Because one side is being unrealistic and re-negged on a handshake deal because they don’t want to look bad?

The cap implications mean that Green Bay’s “leverage” fades more and more as the days go by.  They’re, essentially, banking on Joe Douglas caving into groans by the fanbase, which is not going to happen.

What exactly are the Packers missing out on by holding Rodgers hostage?

If we believe that Jeremiah has any insight into what Douglas wants, he suggested that the price for Rodgers should be a 4 this year, with a conditional 2 next season that turns into a one if the Jets 1. Win the division, 2. Rodgers throws for 4,000, or 3. They appear in the AFC Championship game 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If we believe that Jeremiah has any insight into what Douglas wants, he suggested that the price for Rodgers should be a 4 this year, with a conditional 2 next season that turns into a one if the Jets 1. Win the division, 2. Rodgers throws for 4,000, or 3. They appear in the AFC Championship game 

I’d sign for this

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No other team wants him, Rodgers is going only to the Jets, the jets are the only team to want him, the jets are the only team who seem to have promised to trade for him.  The jets let all viable alternatives fade away and have promised rodgers they re trading for him.  Why would anyone be surprised that the packers who had no leverage all of a sudden have some and are making it difficult?

If the Jets back out, Rodgers retires and 100% eviscerates the jets for lying to him while saying he was 90% going to retire anyway or he says he will not retire and the packers are stuck.  And the Jets are left looking like total fools with no QB (which would be a correct look).

The Jets are going to get Rodgers, no question about it.  It's just a matter of how much the packers squeeze them and who blinks first,

You have held this line consistently.  Why on earth do you think the Jets would ever back out of this deal?  If JD is offering a conditional 3rd rounder, and that's the line in the sand, what motivation would he have to pull it?  To go sign Mariotta?  You're right, all the good plan B options are gone  So what pressure is on JD?  I'm not understanding your thought process here.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

You have held this line consistently.  Why on earth do you think the Jets would ever back out of this deal?  If JD is offering a conditional 3rd rounder, and that's the line in the sand, what motivation would he have to pull it?  To go sign Mariotta?  You're right, all the good plan B options are gone  So what pressure is on JD?  I'm not understanding your thought process here.  

I'm not sure what your thought process is, we offer a 3rd and that is it.  The deal does not get done.  The packers get stuck trying to do something else.  The jets do not get a QB and there are no other viable ones.  On top of it we have pretty well promised Rodgers we are trading for him and now the jets are a major clown show.

If the Jets go into next season with a jag like mariotta and zac wilson it is an unmitigated disaster.  By not having or acting on a viable plan B we are married to plan A, Rodgers and the packers know it.

Both teams need to get he deal done and it will get done, the jets and rodgers gave the packers a gift by having no other option.

• Ugh 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly I’d reserve a 1 for a SB win, but I could see AFCCG I just wouldn’t like it. Would think 4k yards is reasonably likely if he’s healthy. Goff, Geno, Cousins, and Lawrence hit that last year, its not a crazy number. Rodgers has done it 10 times and four of the last five years.