Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Should be noted that the Packers haven’t been able to participate in free agency because Green Bay would be broke if Rodgers doesn’t get dealt and they have to reserve money in the event of that possibility. The Packers have to build that team up quite a bit if they’re going to transition to Jordan Love. Douglas should stop answering the phone for a week

Said this yesterday.  Is GB willing to cut their nose to spite their face?

This is Patrick Kane situation all over again except GB won’t acknowledge it like the Blackhawks did.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

I am just telling you a rumor that I heard from someone who while a bit of the type to screw around because he knows I'm a Jets fan is about a well connected as you can get.

Not true, but way to freak everyone out here that doesnt actually read anything beyond this forum.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I honestly hope that is the case and would explain why the Jets did something as aggressive as signing Lazard. 

Why do people keep saying this? The Lazard signing, considering we are getting rid of the useless Corey Davis, was a smart signing, with or without Rodgers. Tall red zone receiver is a perfect compliment to Wilson and Moore.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

You may not be familiar with the idea, but teams that win say, the Division Title, make the playoffs (6 years consecutively and counting) and advance... they typically... wait for it... celebrate. 

Yankees fans:  "Only thing that matters is titles.  We have the highest of expectations, always."

Also Yankees fans:  "DIVISION CHAMPS BABYYYYYYY"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If Wingo is correct on this half of his assessment (deal is 99% done but may not happen until next week), then reading between the lines the holdup is Green Bay doesn't want to look like they caved early to get so little in return without at least trying to hold out for more.

They hold off with an announcement, let another week go by, and Gutekunst saves face at least a little bit when the only 1st rounder he gets is a conditional future one that has ties to serious player+team success (as it should). This way it looks like he tried to extract more and the Jets weren't budging, but at least he didn't cave after just a day or two.

This Is The Way GIF

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

96E57CF9-C91B-45E8-BD08-296309559416.thumb.png.579ae81b4cc360839644ad1008cb0c84.png

Since Packers fans didn’t want to listen to Jason from OTC, maybe now it will be driven home that this taking longer actually benefits the Jets more than anyone.

If the Packers' front office want to be d*cks, this basically gives them a month to play with before having to pay a penalty.  Assigning dates to the events:

• April 17 - offseason workouts begin (GB won't want Rodgers to show up)
  • April 27 - the draft (they won't want to wait until 2024 to get draft compensation)

Hopefully GB will play ball sooner (hopefully on the Trey Wingo timeline of next week), but for the many "worst case scenario" Jets fans in the crowd, this really can't take longer than a month to play out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yankees fans:  "Only thing that matters is titles.  We have the highest of expectations, always."

Also Yankees fans:  "DIVISION CHAMPS BABYYYYYYY"

Nah. Cashman, Boone, and Steinbrenner are trash, and we are beyond sick of losing in the ALDS and ALCS every year. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, I’m sure Green Bay is chomping at the bit to sabotage the development of the team, along with the development of the QB they’re dumping Aaron Rodgers for, who they spent a first round pick on.

You do realize they need to make a decision on Jordan love right?  This isn’t a scenario where they get to let him play 3-5 years before doing so.

The team doesn't need to be competitive to see what they have in Jlove. Watson and their RB room combined with a half decent Oline is enough to see if Jlove has the juice. 

They don't "need" cap space for this. 

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

Nah. Cashman, Boone, and Steinbrenner are trash, and we are beyond sick of losing in the ALDS and ALCS every year. 

Correct. 

Cashman and Boone are trash, yet they're still able to ensure the Yankees are the more successful team in NY baseball, by a large margin.

That's what makes the Diaz situation apples and oranges. The biggest day of Diaz's baseball life would be a meaningless one in the life of a Yankee. There's no comparing.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

96E57CF9-C91B-45E8-BD08-296309559416.thumb.png.579ae81b4cc360839644ad1008cb0c84.png

Since Packers fans didn’t want to listen to Jason from OTC, maybe now it will be driven home that this taking longer actually benefits the Jets more than anyone.

Sure, that all makes sense, but how can you counter this amazing strand of ESPN personality logic? 

1 hour ago, Flightattendant said:

The team doesn't need to be competitive to see what they have in Jlove. Watson and their RB room combined with a half decent Oline is enough to see if Jlove has the juice. 

They don't "need" cap space for this. 

The team doesn’t need to improve from a team that went 8-9 with a HOF QB in order to develop Jordan Love.  Totally.

Also, you ignored the part where I mention how they wouldn’t be able to afford to retain Love if he plays well.

They, literally, cannot afford the cap hit. This isn’t an opinion piece.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The team doesn’t need to improve from a team that went 8-9 with a HOF QB in order to develop Jordan Love.  Totally.

Also, you ignored the part where I mentions how they wouldn’t be able to afford Love if he plays well.

The way this is playing out, if the deal falls through and karma is a thing, Love becomes an elite superstar, but the cap crippled Packers lose him in free agency to the NY Jets.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Fan vibes bro.  The best negotiation leverage of all time.

Are you hearing about anything non-Rodgers related when it comes to the Jets? I'm concerned about going into the draft hoping to land a starting center (I consider Schweitzer a depth signing). I know there were rumors about the Colts making Ryan Kelly available in a trade and that was somewhat intriguing. 

On 3/11/2023 at 5:03 PM, Arsis said:

Everyone is going to cry when we don't get Rodgers

On 3/12/2023 at 2:41 PM, Arsis said:

He's not coming.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:16 PM, Arsis said:

If he wanted to come here he would have said yes already. He wants to play elsewhere.

On 3/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, Arsis said:

I think this whole saga is pretty funny.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, Arsis said:

I have a friend who works for the mlb who has a friend whose brothers roomnate works for the NFL. 

She told me today that Aaron Rodgers was signing with the patriots and they're announcing in on Thursday.

14 hours ago, Arsis said:

Anyone else hearing rumors of Green Bay trading Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders?

11 hours ago, Arsis said:

I am just telling you a rumor that I heard from someone who while a bit of the type to screw around because he knows I'm a Jets fan is about a well connected as you can get.

Which rumor?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

Wingo has been 100% on point every step of the way , why are we panicking now ? If he said it’s done next week then it’s done next week . Just relax . 

100% spot on.

Wingo has been the only one to report accurate information.

ESPN, NFL Network on full on anti Rodgers and Jets. Jets have always been the punching bag but now these outlets will turn them into the so called villain because of their interest in Rodgers. Let them at it - more fuel for Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't feel as confident about compensation with someone other than Douglas. When he lost out on players because he has a specific value set and he's not going over it, some liked it, some didn't, but this is who he is, and this is where it's going to be a strength.