Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Unless you are majoring in Engineering/Chemistry/Math/Hard Sciences, College is a joke and everyone knows it. Everything is graded by scale, if it wasn't 50% of the class would fail every semester. I didn't go to an IVY league school like Yale, but I doubt it's any different. I've seen the mouth breathers with degrees from Harvard.

This explains a lot 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

College, just like K-12, has been watered down dramatically. The bulk of students at most colleges simply jump through hoops and build up debt only to complain later that they can't find a job or pay their bills. The amount of useless degrees out there is staggering. I have a masters and work with people with their doctorate so I'm not some jealous person who knows nothing about college. Even the PHD people are often rather dim as they simply spend the time and money to placate their ego, but that doesn't equate to ability or IQ. Schools don't fail people anymore, and college teaching jobs are based on popularity (class enrollment). More and more students complain about teachers who hold them accountable. Maybe you should check out some articles about the state of K-12 education because that's where college student come from.

I would say check out the freshman class at these elite schools.   I so a summer internship for Columbia students and they are so impressive.   Twice as good as me at their age. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I thought this was the interesting, from a Packers guy. Not that it makes Rodgers look good. 

It's all about what you want, right. Packers fans generally wanted Rodgers to be gone because they thought a restart was necessary. Now that he's getting traded, of course they think he's worth more than he'll probably get traded for. In the case of the media, Rodgers had a down year, and so they pounced on that. Now that he's getting traded, it's a much better story if he gets traded for more because the stakes are higher.

The reality is Rodgers isn't totally washed, but he needs a better supporting cast. The Jets can give him that. He isn't worth a 'haul of picks', either, per se, but he is worth something. He still has a few years left in him before he becomes Drew Brees from 2 years ago.

• Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

College, just like K-12, has been watered down dramatically. The bulk of students at most colleges simply jump through hoops and build up debt only to complain later that they can't find a job or pay their bills. The amount of useless degrees out there is staggering. I have a masters and work with people with their doctorate so I'm not some jealous person who knows nothing about college. Even the PHD people are often rather dim as they simply spend the time and money to placate their ego, but that doesn't equate to ability or IQ. Schools don't fail people anymore, and college teaching jobs are based on popularity (class enrollment). More and more students complain about teachers who hold them accountable. Maybe you should check out some articles about the state of K-12 education because that's where college student come from.

Terrible post

Utterly and categorically FALSE
Smarten up

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Same in the UK.  I have two friends who are college professors and they say the school won't let them fail a student.  Kid does a paper, they grade it and return it with basically every answer they'll need on the second attempt.  The kid takes the template they give them, put it in their own words and get a pass.
If there is an incentive based on a threshold of passing students something is off.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I got to the part where he predicts 10 wins for the Packers and started laughing so hard all 12 people on my subway car looked at me

It’s always unsettling when you’re on the subway with a guy who’s laughing at his phone while wearing a murder-clown costume. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Imagine this dragging into the preseason? What do you think JD’s offer would be after Zach struts his stuff on national tv against the Browns in the HOF game?

Same deal Tanny made for Favre.  Perfet blueprint.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I say give them the 13th overall pick, no one we take there will win more games for us than he will. Don't be Jetty and screw this up and miss out on a HOF passer because we want an OT from Ohio State.

would you have traded a 1-year rental of aaron rodgers last year for garrett wilson?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I say give them the 13th overall pick, no one we take there will win more games for us than he will. Don't be Jetty and screw this up and miss out on a HOF passer because we want an OT from Ohio State.

agreed i would not lose sleep over the 13th pick in this draft and even next year 1.

7 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Terrible post

Utterly and categorically FALSE
Smarten up

It is a terrible post.   Because it doesn’t belong on a Jets forum.   Having said that it’s also 100% true and I say that with great regret.   Now they are getting rid of standardized testing because it’s not “fair“ (aka the kids who work the hardest do better and since too many are Chinese we are getting rid of that criteria. ). Anyway let’s get Aaron Rodgers already and let’s go Jets!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1