Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Notable that Brandt, Florio, and McAfee have all done some bar-lowering for the compensation the past two days. That’d be coming from the Packers side, who need to stop their dimwit fanbase from thinking they’re getting two firsts and Sauce Gardner.

Brandt also said the packers have all the leverage.    Florio and McAfee have dogs in the fight.  Florio is a die hard Vikings fan and Pat is a close friend of Aaron’s 

Notable that Brandt, Florio, and McAfee have all done some bar-lowering for the compensation the past two days. That’d be coming from the Packers side, who need to stop their dimwit fanbase from thinking they’re getting two firsts and Sauce Gardner.

Brandt also said the packers have all the leverage.    Florio and McAfee have dogs in the fight.  Florio is a die hard Vikings fan and Pat is a close friend of Aaron’s 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If this comes to pass, I’m sure it will lead to a lot of deep reflection among the NFL commentariat about shaping their hottest takes around their personal feelings for a specific player or organization.

Yeah, that's pretty much how everything has worked out the last few years among the "media".....

? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It occurs to me that Mina Kimes will simply turn around and say “A 2 and a 4? There really was no market for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers got what they could from a desperate Jets team.”

You better bookmark this post. I sense wise foresight here. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It occurs to me that Mina Kimes will simply turn around and say “A 2 and a 4? There really was no market for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers got what they could from a desperate Jets team.”

When the number 2 QB you take in the draft turns out to be as bad as Zach,  desperation is basically a default setting going forward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

you are onto something.

People in Wisconsin legitimately think Rodgers is the GOAT QB, has carried an overrated roster for years, and is still the best player in the league along with Mahomes. 

people out here have been talking about multiple first round picks for months. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A 2 and a 4 is about the sweet spot where both sides of the coin can claim victory.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You don't actually read any of my posts do you?   ?

I do….that’s why I posted the “backtrack “ gif. You said JD botched negotiation and he will “feel the pain”

Now all of a sudden, it’s a 2nd & a 4th. So is that the pain you speak of? I would originally have taken that, but a 4th this year and a 2nd next if he doesn’t retire next year and he takes 85% of the snaps this year.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:25 PM, Beerfish said:

The Jets totally botched the whole, get a QB this off season thing that much is obvious, they now have to hope they get lucky and things pan out the way they hope.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:53 PM, Beerfish said:

This has nothing to do with me wanting Carr over Rodgers.  It is to do with the Jets, and Rodgers as well, grossly misjudging the situation.

If you feel that the Jets grand plan was to be sitting here on their hands in a deadlock over trade compensation and literally no other option in front of them I'm not sure what to tell you.   They turned an essentially guaranteed win into a situation where a team that at the start had no leverage but is now squeezing them.

A trade will get done, it will be more expensive than the jets hoped for or at the very least will drag on and on until it effects other things with the team.

The Jets botched it, they will still get their guy but not without pain all around.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Tune in as Lamar asks himself what his intentions are this season!

LIVE FROM HIS MOTHER’S BASEMENT IT’S SATURDAY NIIIIIIGHT!!!

Tonight’s Host Lamar Jackson!

with Lamar Jackson !

co-starring Lamar Jackson !

aaaaand Lamar Jackson !!!

It’s Saturday Niiight

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Packer fan humor.   The ending is kind of funny.

My only issue is that he makes Jets fans sound more like Pats fans than he makes Pats fans sound. Seriously, Pats fans sound like they have no accent and are on the faculty at MIT, and Jets fans sound like they are Southies drinking Sam Adams and rooting for Tawmy Brady and the Sawx.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

A 2 and a 4 is about the sweet spot where both sides of the coin can claim victory.

I think the concession the Jets make will be largely financial, taking on more of a cap hit in years one and two. The Packers will end up with conditional picks that allow them to save face. 

• Upvote 1