Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

17 minutes ago, Wit said:

Jets can’t be complete as swholes if they ever want to consummate a trade with other teams. JD already had a poor reputation for being a bit shady and untrustworthy with other GMs looking to make trades. That may be sour grapes but it’s other there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Huh ??? Joe has always traded fairly and in good faith ... wtf  ?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Wit said:

Jets can’t be complete as swholes if they ever want to consummate a trade with other teams. JD already had a poor reputation for being a bit shady and untrustworthy with other GMs looking to make trades. That may be sour grapes but it’s other there.

Is this satire, or are you being serious?

• Post of the Week 3

4 minutes ago, Wit said:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/nfl-agents-distrust-jets-joe-douglas/amp/

Jamaal’s agent, MM agent & maybe Leo Williams? So many players… so many hurt feelings 

The Jets GM received three votes from player agents for least trustworthy in the NFL. The reasoning from two of them was listed in the article anonymously. Below were the exact quotes.

• “The [Jets’] organization is so bad, it’s hard to trust anything that comes out of there.”
  • “Part of that is just his circumstances with ownership, but they’ve told multiple players things in the last couple of years that just haven’t been true.”

Recent contract negotiations like Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder and more have not gone the players’ way under Douglas’ regime. These moves have mostly worked out tremendously for the Jets so far, but is this unforeseen side effect going to become a problem long-term?

54 minutes ago, Wit said:

I had not heard about this reputation. He fleeces teams, but they agree to be fleeced (looking at you, Seahawks and Panthers). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Dude, what the F are you talking about?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Wit said:

Why the article from August 2021 now?

Ah I see backing up a comment. Still an old piece. He was pretty fresh on the job at that point. And the comments to be more organizational than Douglas specific.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It occurs to me that Mina Kimes will simply turn around and say “A 2 and a 4? There really was no market for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers got what they could from a desperate Jets team.”

Why anyone has that child on a network talking sports is beyond me. Ridiculous.  She wasn't hired, she was "cast as".

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

Article is about players agents.  In a poll of 33 agents, 3 voted JD least trustworthy.  No mention of lack of trust from other GMs.  And one of the two guys ahead of JD in the "untrustworty" vote was Howie Roseman.  Not bad company.  Belichick was the other guy.

So Darnold, Jamalcontent, and Snack Harrisons agents are butthurt? 

Oh no.

• Upvote 3

If the Packers are hung up on a first, I wonder how much a lower first would be of interest. Could the Jets trade 13 to New Orleans for 29 and 40, then spin 29 to the Packers? If so, the rest of the package to GB would be less, or even non-existent. This would give the Jets 40 and 43. From there, if the Jets needed to move up a little to land Schmitz, it would take a lower pick to go up from 40. The Jets could still land Rodgers, get a top draft target, and still have their pick at 43.

Not saying I want to give up a first for Rodgers, but that could be a way for the Packers to save face by landing a first for him and the Jets maximizing their assets.

• Upvote 2

On 3/17/2023 at 6:42 PM, Ron Rico said:

My degree didn't, either. My military service/VFW status did. 

WTF is "VFW Status"? LOL. Are you the Bar Commander or the guy who drinks the most bloody Mary's on Sunday Mornings? 

I kid. Kind of. Did you mean VA status under USERRA?

• Upvote 1

wtf are you talking about

did JD forced teams to trad with him? you know they can say no 

Tell that to brian cashman. GMs all have a cashman tax now and are weary of getting made taken for fools by them. His latest trades are flops because they all demand their number one prospects and he has to overpay for lesser talent. Making green bay look like fools won’t help him in the future.
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

My point isn’t that JD is bad at his job; but putting another team over a barrel and embarrassing them won’t help with future trades and deals.

This is the NFL not fantasy football. If you are an NFL team making billions of dollars, you need to have a GM that’s not going to sink your team. That’s on you, not the teams you make trades with. It’s not like JD traded damaged goods and didn’t say anything.  The Seahawks had their eyes wide open. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Wit said:

Tell that to brian cashman. GMs all have a cashman tax now and are weary of getting made taken for fools by them. His latest trades are flops because they all demand their number one prospects and he has to overpay for lesser talent. Making green bay look like fools won’t help him in the future.

This is hilarious. He keeps piling on. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

It's not like Aaron Rogers came out of his darkness retreat and demanded to be traded to the Jets. The Packers decided to move on from Rodgers because they want to see what they have in Jordan Love, who they invested a 1st round pick in. Rodgers was the face of the Packers franchise for 15 seasons since he became their starter after Brett Favre was traded to the Jets in 2008. Now in 2023 the Packers are trying to gouge the team he's being traded to on his way out. Make no mistake the Packers mishandled this entire situation, and it's going to blow up in their face. I hope Joe Douglas remains stubborn and doesn't give in to the Packers demands. The longer this goes the less the Packers get for being greedy. Hope this doesn't happen until after the draft now.

• Upvote 1