Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 hours ago, Wit said:

My point isn’t that JD is bad at his job; but putting another team over a barrel and embarrassing them won’t help with future trades and deals.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I see...someone explained your article didn't have anything to do with your argument so you just restated it and added joe is so good at his job he embarrassed others.

Hmmm....seems to me that you argue against yourself.

Macc our last gm was the one that embarrassed themselves. It wasn't another player, agent or gm that embarrassed him. It was him and his ridiculous decisions. 

Joe doesn't make ridiculous decisions even when nut ball fan want him to give up first round picks for the highest paid QB that will be turning 40 from a te desperate to trade him away..

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

If the Packers are hung up on a first, I wonder how much a lower first would be of interest. Could the Jets trade 13 to New Orleans for 29 and 40, then spin 29 to the Packers? If so, the rest of the package to GB would be less, or even non-existent. This would give the Jets 40 and 43. From there, if the Jets needed to move up a little to land Schmitz, it would take a lower pick to go up from 40. The Jets could still land Rodgers, get a top draft target, and still have their pick at 43.

Not saying I want to give up a first for Rodgers, but that could be a way for the Packers to save face by landing a first for him and the Jets maximizing their assets.

I’m not sure I like this scenario, nor am I sure that the Saints would be on board, but props to you for finding an option that makes sense and works out to be a nearly even swap.  Those 2 New Orleans picks have almost the same exact value as our #13, and GB would get about as low a first as could be pulled off.  Kudos for coming up with that.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, choon328 said:

Did you really miss the point he was trying to make? Jesus Christ

Absolutely, not, yeah I gotcha, 1 year for Rodgers over maybe a young decade long player either way we haven't had a good QB since Chad Pennington or 2015 Fitzpatrick. We would've reach the playoffs last year with a competent QB, Zach is the worst weve ever had in green. We can get a starting caliber OT in rounds 2 or 3, happens every year. Max Mitchell was like a 5th rounder and started and held his own last year.

• Upvote 2

Since the NFL is so concerned with optics, I bet Goodell gets involved and
puts pressure on GB to complete the trade before the "Schedule Reveal" which
usually takes place in early April.  They'll want Rodgers on the Jets to
justify how many times the team will be on national games this year

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Taking a step back.  As Rodgers said there are no villains here.   Both sides are right and both sides are desperate.  Jets have made all good points for not giving away the farm (age, retirement, leverage etc).    Packers have good points for wanting a massive deal (Rodgers is a franchise changing quarterback who can still sling it, leverage).   The more I think about it the more this trade needs to have qualifiers so both teams are protected.   Baseline 2nd rd pick this year to start.   Neither side will be super happy with that.  2024: If Rodgers returns next year the jets give up a second next year.   IF he has his typical year (IE way better than last year ie near the top of the league) AND IF he returns the Jets owe the Packers their first next season.   Same qualifier added for 2025(he has a great year in 2024 and wants to play in 2025).   All trade parameters end after that.   So if he goes the Brady route and keeps playing it costs the Jets nothing after 2025.   Packers won't be happy in this case with not getting the 13th pick (but they do get some value if Rodgers performs for the Jets the way many of us think he will) and the Jets will be happy to give a first rounder near the bottom of rd one for amazing quarterback play for multiple seasons.  And if, as feared by Jets fans, Rodgers retires after this season, it only costed them a second.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 2

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I see...someone explained your article didn't have anything to do with your argument so you just restated it and added joe is so good at his job he embarrassed others.

Hmmm....seems to me that you argue against yourself.

Macc our last gm was the one that embarrassed themselves. It wasn't another player, agent or gm that embarrassed him. It was him and his ridiculous decisions. 

Joe doesn't make ridiculous decisions even when nut ball fan want him to give up first round picks for the highest paid QB that will be turning 40 from a te desperate to trade him away..

Wit is a troll don't engage... I think we discovered pats fan

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, KRL said:

It's not going that far... Wingo is right it will get done next week

33 minutes ago, KRL said:

Couldn't the NFL schedule games knowing this trade is going to eventually get done?

It benefit the Packers and the NFL if this dragged on til training camp. Helps the Packers cap and it keeps the NFL relevant over the May/June/July stretch while setting up beautifully for Hard Knocks.

Great point, I’m leaning toward the idea of ROG getting involved sooner than later, but didn’t consider the all important schedule release which sets up the season for the brand. The Jets schedule with/without Rodgers looks much different.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

kevin hart abc GIF

Too Late Patrizia's.... Rao's has 1st dibs!

Aaron Rodgers gets offer he can't refuse — dinner at Rao's (nypost.com)

Potential Jet Aaron Rodgers hasn’t even hit an NYC tarmac yet, and he’s already landed an impossible-to-get reservation at the oracle of orecchiette, Rao’s.

The gridiron great is currently on standby while Gang Green and the Green Bay Packers work out a trade that will bring the 39-year-old NFL superstar to the Big Apple.

But New Yorkers are already rolling out the welcome mat.

“As long as you ain’t a vegetarian, you come to New York and we are going to break your cherry,” said celebrity Private Investigator Bo Dietl.

He told The Post he’ll make the quarterback an offer he can’t refuse — dinner at the famously exclusive East Harlem eatery, where Dietl’s had Table No. 1 on Thursday nights since 1977.

13 hours ago, MykePM said:

I’m not sure I like this scenario, nor am I sure that the Saints would be on board, but props to you for finding an option that makes sense and works out to be a nearly even swap.  Those 2 New Orleans picks have almost the same exact value as our #13, and GB would get about as low a first as could be pulled off.  Kudos for coming up with that.

Thanks. I would very much prefer not giving up a first, but if that was the holdup on whether the deal lived or died, that is one way to do it where the Packers save face and the Jets don't overpay.

• Upvote 1