Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

I can't imagine JD overpays. So I voted the Jets are left standing at the alter. 

However, we must not forget that the Packers find themselves in a position where they pretty much have to trade Rodgers (assuming he does not retire) so they can see what they have in Love. And Rodgers has a no trade clause. 

So a lot of this has to do with whether or not Rodgers wants to play and whether or not Rodgers wants to play for the Jets. If he is not ready to retire and the Jets seem like the best option (from what we have heard so far that seems to be accurate), then a mutually beneficial deal makes a lot of sense. 

My guess is that the 13th overall pick is too rich for JDs blood. Knowing full well that Rodgers will probably only be a 1-2 year rental. This is where we may see some creativity and multiple draft picks or pick swaps involved. So if he does give in on the 13th overall selection, he wil probably want GB's second rounder along with Rodgers (something like that).  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I can't imagine JD overpays. So I voted the Jets are left standing at the alter. 

However, we must not forget that the Packers find themselves in a position where they pretty much have to trade Rodgers (assuming he does not retire) so they can see what they have in Love. And Rodgers has a no trade clause. 

So a lot of this has to do with whether or not Rodgers wants to play and whether or not Rodgers wants to play for the Jets. If he is not ready to retire and the Jets seem like the best option (from what we have heard so far that seems to be accurate), then a mutually beneficial deal makes a lot of sense. 

My guess is that the 13th overall pick is too rich for JDs blood. Knowing full well that Rodgers will probably only be a 1-2 year rental. This is where we may see some creativity and multiple draft picks or pick swaps involved. So if he does give in on the 13th overall selection, he wil probably want GB's second rounder along with Rodgers (something like that).  

Seems both teams are playing high stakes chicken at this point with the Lamar tag date tomorrow. If the Packers don't blink and Lamar gets the non-exclusive the Jets may pivot. If the Jets don't blink and Lamar gets the exclusive they lose more leverage.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

the SOJF in me says that they're going to get fcked.  

jimmy g makes no sense here anymore since LaFleur bolted.  woody goes and hires a bad OC that supposedly AR loves but wouldn't force a trade to Denver last year to go play with.

seems like it's a C-D level QB that will be starting here next year (jameis, dalton, darnold).

• More Ugh 1

Just now, heymangold said:

the SOJF in me says that they're going to get fcked.  

jimmy g makes no sense here anymore since LaFleur bolted.  woody goes and hires a bad OC that supposedly AR loves but wouldn't force a trade to Denver last year to go play with.

seems like it's a C-D level QB that will be starting here next year (jameis, dalton, darnold).

The jets have no plan.  They fired the offensive coordinator to scapegoat him for all of the qbs on the roster being terrible.  They hired a complete idiot OC because Aaron Rodgers says he likes the guy.  Aaron Rodgers doesn’t come here now we are stuck with maybe the league’s worst offensive coordinator and a brittle piece of crap like Garropolo and Mormon Manziel

• Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

he technically doesn't but he has retirement leverage so he basically does.

He’s not retiring he’d be walking away from almost $100 million guaranteed 

Rodgers is negotiating with the packers front office trying to manipulate them into signing a WR and drafting a WR in round 1.  He has zero intention of coming to the jets

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

$58 million cap hit means who ever signs Rodgers is going to be trading or waiving important parts of their roster. Why are the Packers going to do the Jets any favors? The loss of talent is gonna hurt.  With this $, Garrapolo is a better option. And why Carr would have been a better option. 

This reeks of Robert Wood Johnson IV running this idiotic decision. 

It don’t work that way, A Rod would be cheaper on the cap then Carr would have been

I think the Jets get desperate and trade for him. He goes 4-7 or something and misses the rest of the season with injury and retires.

Green Bay gets out of that ugly contract, and gets some draft collateral from the Jets. And they actually improve upon their record from last season

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers will be a Jet by Friday. 

Can any trades be announced before new league year begins at 4:00 pm on 3/15?

March
March 7 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
March 7 College  Pro  Days  Begin.    Workouts  of  a  school’s  Pro  Day-eligible  players  with  players  outside  of  the scheduled Pro Day activities are prohibited. Private dinners, meetings, interviews are permitted.
March 7-April 19 Draft-Eligible Facility Visits Begin. Clubs permitted 30 non-local players for physical exams/visits; no on- field workouts.
March 7-April 26 Video or telephone interviews with draft-eligible players begin. Three video or telephone interviews per player; no longer than one hour in length.
March 8-9 Deadline for clubs (60 day after final regular season game) to conduct physical examinations pursuant to CBA Article 45, Section 7(a) for players claiming the Extended Injury Protection Benefit for the 2023 season.
March 13-15 Negotiation Period. During the period beginning at 12:00 noon, New York time, on March 13 and ending at  3:59:59  p.m.,  New  York  time,  on  March  15,  clubs  are  permitted  to  contact,  and  enter  into  contract negotiations  with,  the  certified  agents  of  players  who  will  become  Unrestricted  Free  Agents  upon  the expiration of their 2022 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 15.
During  the  above  two-day  negotiating  period,  a  prospective  UFA  who  is  not  represented  by  an  NFLPA Certified  Contract  Advisor  is  permitted  to  communicate  directly  with  a  new  club’s  front  office  officials (excluding the Head Coach and other members of the club’s coaching staff) regarding contract negotiations.
No prospective Unrestricted Free Agent is permitted to execute a contract with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 15.
March 15 End/Start of League Year. Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2023 on all players who have option clauses in their 2022 contracts.
Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit Qualifying Offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
Prior  to  4:00  p.m.,  New  York  time,  clubs  must  submit  a  Minimum  Salary  Tender  to  retain  exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2022 contracts who have fewer than three Accrued Seasons of free agency credit.
  Top 51 Rule is in effect. All clubs must be under the 2023 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time. All 2022 NFL player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
The 2023 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
The first day of the 2023 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 15. Clubs will receive a Personnel Notice that will include all transactions submitted to the League office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 15.
March 15 Trading period for 2023. Trading begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2022 contracts.
March 15 Commencing  at  4:00  p.m.,  New  York  time,  Clubs  may  designate  up  to  two  Player  Contracts  that,  if terminated on or prior to June 1, 2023, and if not renegotiated after January 9, 2023, shall be treated as if terminated on June 2, subject to the further requirements of CBA Article 13, Section 6(b)(ii)(1).

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

you left out one. Rodgers goes back to GB. not that JD refuse to give GB something. 

i think hes staying in GB. 

Will Green Bay take him back ? Ironically this is like what happened with farve/rodgers. Trying to push a HOF qb, over the hill but not quite done yet, for the guy they have been waiting to hand keys over. If they go with rodgers, they likely will lose Love. This yr or next will have to trade him or will be FA. They had to push farve out so they wouldn’t lose rodgers who had been impatiently waiting for farve to get out of his way.. I think GB is done with Rodgers. Won’t cut him, but they can bench him, F with him, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s not retiring he’d be walking away from almost $100 million guaranteed 

Rodgers is negotiating with the packers front office trying to manipulate them into signing a WR and drafting a WR in round 1.  He has zero intention of coming to the jets

It’s rodgers or Love. They can no longer have both. GB could be trying to trade Love to jets for more than they would ask for rodgers.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

It's not that I wont be a Jets fan anymore, but damn I may step away and take a break. Jimmy G is the worse case scenario IMO

It guarantees Zach is the QB at some point, next season. That pisses me off in and of itself, but what if this is by design? JD wants Zach back on the field? Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My prediction: 

1. Jets do not get Rodgers.

2. Jets sign/trade for a 3rd tier guy:  Trubisky.  Jimmy G.  Mayfield.  Misnhew.  Heinicke.  White.

3. Zach Wilson starts at least half our games in 2023.

Alcohol this early.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The jets have no plan.  They fired the offensive coordinator to scapegoat him for all of the qbs on the roster being terrible.  They hired a complete idiot OC because Aaron Rodgers says he likes the guy.  Aaron Rodgers doesn’t come here now we are stuck with maybe the league’s worst offensive coordinator and a brittle piece of crap like Garropolo and Mormon Manziel

stripes lighten GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

It guarantees Zach is the QB at some point, next season. That pisses me off in and of itself, but what if this is by design? JD wants Zach back on the field? Unbelievable. 

It’s a blessing in disguise if so, him Saleh and JD will be gone next year