Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If JD does trade away our 2nd, I would expect #149 and a 7th in return. We need to keep at least 6 picks this draft for depth players.

GB
First round, No. 15 overall

Second round, No. 45 overall
Third round, No. 78 overall
Fourth round, No. 116 overall
Fifth round, No. 149 overall
Fifth round, No. 170 overall (compensatory)
Seventh round, No. 232 overall

Seventh round, No. 235 overall (from LAR)
Seventh round, No. 242 overall (from JAX)
Seventh round, No. 256 overall (compensatory)

New York Jets Draft Picks by Round in 2023

• Round 1, Pick 13 overall
  • Round 2, Pick 43 overall
  • Round 3, Pick 74 overall
  • Round 4, Pick 112 overall
  • Round 5, Pick 143 overall
  • Round 6, Pick 207 overall

Jd hates his 7th round picks

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Snook said:

What stops Rogers from inviting his friends to So. Cal. for workouts? As long as coach’s aren’t around I think that’s possible.

Of course... Players train with other players from other teams all the time... 

Moore trains with brown... Nothing is stopping them from organized practice if they want... I would assume Rodgers wants it to be finalized first... Just in case

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, but what if the worst possible thing happens—the Jets are forced to trade multiple first round picks for Aaron Rodgers whose...................................................

I got this far

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, but what if the worst possible thing happens—the Jets are forced to trade multiple first round picks for Aaron Rodgers 

0% chance that happens, let alone a 1st period. Park that sh*t on the street 

• Upvote 1

For a team looking to go all in and win the Super Bowl this year, things have been relatively quiet outside of Rodgers.

Lazard, Clark, a couple nice OL depth pieces, an upgrade at Punter and some addition by subtraction (sorry Feeney).

All smart moves IMO, offset by losing a quality starting DT in Rankins and not yet addressing weakness on the OL.

I’m confident in JD, this is not meant to bash him.  He’s been on a BIG roll since the AVT selection 2 years ago (outside of Tomlinson, who no one could have expected to slip so much) and has read / anticipated the Rodgers market and a potential match extremely well.

So what is his remaining plan?  Is it really to rely that heavily on the draft (inexperienced rookies) to round out the OL and fine time the Defense.

Or are we in for a surprise or 3 (not named the overhyped OBJ)?  Bakhtiari, other trades?  Return of McGovern?  Kidnapping Byard?

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

there's no woody to fire people out there

the GM and HC just got cushy extensions and can basically be mediocre for years and be just fine 

JD on the other hand is one or two bad seasons away from putting his house on the market 

One bad season and his house is on the market

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

So much wrong about this post. When Favre cave under the adjusted the entire offense to him and what he was doing in GB. The Jets offense will be learning the new offense the everything offseason. Having Rodgers in mini camp will only help Wilson, nobody else. And who gives a **** about Wilson at this point?

Sure they modified the offense to run some things that he liked but they did not scrap the existing offense on one months notice to accommodate Favre.  I don't know where you got mini camp from, I mentioned training camp which gives you three weeks or so before the first pre-season game.  Actually less this season with the HOF game.

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think everybody would prefer that he gets here sooner rather than later, but for me that is not at the expense of upping the compensation.  If he jumps out of that helicopter it is not the end of the world.  IMO Favre did basically that and that team finished 9-7 even after losing 4 of their last 5. 

I do not want them to increase the compensation either, in fact I would like them to tighten the screws as time goes by. If he shows up late so be it, but just because it worked with Favre doesn't mean that should be the blueprint.  These guys need to get reps in, especially as Rodgers is known to be demanding with his receivers.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, but what if the worst possible thing happens—the Jets are forced to trade multiple first round picks for Aaron Rodgers whose osteoporosis overwhelms his fragile, geriatric body and he dies on the field after seeing his career passer rating mysteriously drop by 20% because reasons? And then we’re $80 mil over the cap because of Rodgers’ onerous contract that Joe Douglas won’t know about until it’s too late? 

This actually doesn't sound too far off from how this is gonna play out.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This actually doesn't sound too far off from how this is gonna play out.

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Surely God would never let any of those things happen to his favorite team, the [squints at cue card] New York Jets

Yes, but what’s important is that I feel like it’s going to work out well. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I do not want them to increase the compensation either, in fact I would like them to tighten the screws as time goes by. If he shows up late so be it, but just because it worked with Favre doesn't that should be the blueprint.  These guys need to get reps in, especially as Rodgers is known to be demanding with his receivers.

IT DIDN'T WORK WITH FAVRE!  That drunken degenerate was another carpetbagger.  He came here, but he was never one of us.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

IT DIDN'T WORK WITH FAVRE!  That drunken degenerate was another carpetbagger.  He came here, but he was never one of us.

He sure was untill he got hurt.

I mean carpet bagger are you serious? Every single guy on team player somewhere else in college and rosters move around. It took about 300 pages but we have got to making fun of teeth and carpet bagging insults good grief.

The trade is coming on draft day boys. It will be for a third round pick

• Upvote 1