Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

36 minutes ago, ptisme said:

You have no idea which party is being unreasonable.    

I beg to disagree.  From all accounts, it's Packers trying to up the terms of the deal. Coincidentally,  ever since Rodgers embarrassed the Packers of that Mcafee show. 

Jets want Rodgers, but can and will pivot to a lesser choice if need be.
Packers need Rodgers gone, not just for Jordan Love's benefit, but otherwise they have two years of irreparable cap damage. 

It'll all get done  before the draft.  There is no way Green Bay turns down that upcoming 2nd round pick.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

Totally fine if the condition is getting to the superbowl in 2023 (or at least AFCCG).

My only real hangup was not giving up #13. Beyond that, I can stomach most anything else (within reason of course).

The condition being the Super Bowl is totally unrealistic, and isn’t going to happen. The pick will depend on whether he plays a second season or not.

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I beg to disagree.  From all accounts, it's Packers trying to up the terms of the deal. Coincidentally,  ever since Rodgers embarrassed the Packers of that Mcafee show. 

Packers need Rodgers gone, not just for Jordan Love's benefit, but otherwise they have two years of irreparable cap damage. 

It'll all get done  before the draft.  There is no way Green Bay turns down that upcoming 2nd round pick.  

Rodgers embarrassed himself on Mcafee's show.   Everyone knows his been dicking them around for several off-season.   This was one of many.

Doubt that’s at all in play.   Wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers wants more money from the Jets and the Jets want GB to kick in.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Better than “ off to the draft forum” before Christmas likes it’s been for a decade plus. The mere fact we may be able to convince ourselves we have even the smallest of chances for the entire season. Is worth it. To me anyhow. 

I think ur gonna be happy campers as soon as OTAs when you see perfectly placed tight spirals zipped all over the field

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Send me a link to the credible report that shows a deal was in place and GB changed the terms. No buzzfeed please 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hotrodcharlie said:

The Jets are the ONLY team with interest. That’s the only reason why  

Would he go to the Texans if they were the only team with interest?    Lots to desire here:

Hackett and not having to learn a new offense

weapons

defense

9 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Send me a link to the credible report that shows a deal was in place and GB changed the terms. No buzzfeed please 

So our billionaire owner took time out of his life to fly to California and talk to Rodgers without knowing the parameters of a FEASIBLE and ACCEPTABLE trade which could actually  occur were in place? Yeah, that sounds plausible ?

There are no possible reports yet (which you know and will conveniently hide behind). But when they do come out, I'm sure you'll be nowhere to be found to apologize. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Lol. There were no credible reports in the mainstream media at any stage or aspect of this story from Day 1.

There have been no credible reports from the mainstream media...period.  Some of them are filling the emptiness with speculation wrapped with a thin layer of 'unnamed sources from within the organization'.  You know the drill, post every possibility over time and when something happens, necro the post that was right and tell everyone how connected you were.  

At this point, it really amazes me how long this has gone on without credible leaks.  We all want to believe GB is bungling this but we really don't know.  I think it's more based on the fact that we have had three years to learn to trust that JD is a professional, and we don't know jack about the GB people so it's easy to make assumptions. 

Truth is...even after the deal gets done, we may never know what this was all about.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Would he go to the Texans if they were the only team with interest?    Lots to desire here:

Hackett and not having to learn a new offense

weapons

defense

IF the Texans were the only team interested in paying him $100 million over the next 2 years, yes I do think he would want to go there.

but the Texans aren't interested. only the Jets are

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This is where we’ve been at for nearly a week now though. So is finances really taking that long to iron out? Or And is GB just dragging it out to be pricks?

I still think they are millions apart and it is taking that long .  I also think the second item is true.  ^fixed

53 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

So our billionaire owner took time out of his life to fly to California and talk to Rodgers without knowing the parameters of a FEASIBLE and ACCEPTABLE trade which could actually  occur were in place? Yeah, that sounds plausible ?

There are no possible reports yet (which you know and will conveniently hide behind). But when they do come out, I'm sure you'll be nowhere to be found to apologize. 

Ur the one making a slanderous claim.   What do I have for apologizing for?   Asking you to back up ur slander?    Of it keeps you from cracking a bottle before noon then I apologize for asking you to back up ur claim.  Have a good one 

6 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Hmm so I guess we don’t really know if GB changed their initial agreement.   Got it

Believe what you want.  GB trying to act like they held all the cards and even got all their media friends (like those on Sirius NFL Network) claiming that GB has all the leverage.   It's fairly obvious what's happening.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Ur the one making a slanderous claim.   What do I have for apologizing for?   Asking you to back up ur slander?    Of it keeps you from cracking a bottle before noon then I apologize for asking you to back up ur claim.  Have a good one 

It's not slander.  It's nonsense but it's not slander.  

7 minutes ago, ptisme said:

LOL @slanderous.  Have a seat counselor.  

Again The Packers don't want him the Jets do.  The Packers and the Jets are actually business partners and share revenue together.  That said Rodgers wants more money.  The Packers don't want to pay it and neither do the Jets.

This is about money.  The draft picks are also tied to money.  It's Rodgers who's likely the problem.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1