Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i left the board for a whole year after they drafted Zach 

because people didn't want to hear my misery

spoiler alert it didn't make Zach any better

our comments by the way have no impact on the team one way or the other 

the Jets are not santa claus in elf. They don't need us to believe in them to fly the sleigh 

No but it made the year slightly more tolerable as we slowly came to the conclusion that zach sucks by ourselves 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

A lot in here but let’s hope Boomer is right. Sign OBJ and keep Davis? Jeez - the Jets would have a starting caliber receiver pretty much at every WR slot.

Then there’s the AR12 money talk - would love it if he restructured into a very team friendly deal. I wouldn’t be shocked if he did this as a part of his revenge tour.

The recording is in the subtweet

Interesting. Maybe this is why the packers are shooting high for compensation? they know that the jets are getting rodgers with a discount?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ptisme said:

My mistake, I added the dead cap over the next 2 years. But you are correct the total would 8 million roughly before the draft.

https://overthecap.com/explaining-the-salary-cap-implications-of-trading-aaron-rodgers

https://overthecap.com/a-few-details-and-thoughts-on-the-aaron-rodgers-contract-trade-discussions

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

My mistake, I added the dead cap over the next 2 years. But you are correct the total would 8 million roughly before the draft.

https://overthecap.com/explaining-the-salary-cap-implications-of-trading-aaron-rodgers

https://overthecap.com/a-few-details-and-thoughts-on-the-aaron-rodgers-contract-trade-discussions

Either way we weren’t gong to be players inFA this off season

Here’s something I’ve noticed in the time I’ve been on this board... The people who “don’t buy in to the narrative the Jets want us to believe are always the ones to face ridicule.

”go root for another team” “you’re not really a Jets fan” “why are you always so miserable” “you’re a troll” …and yet, the people who question and criticize or don’t buy in to what the optos are selling are almost always proven right.
I went through it when I was the guy taking shots for being the first to say Darnold sucked, and so have many others through the years. Now it’s @bitonti’s turn. 

If I had to bet my money on whether Bit or the board ends up proven right in this discussion, I’m going with @bitonti all day long. History is on his side.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s something I’ve noticed in the time I’ve been on this board.

The people who “don’t buy in to the narrative the Jets want us to believe are always the ones to face ridicule.

”go root for another team” “you’re not really a Jets fan” “why are you always so miserable” “you’re a troll”

…and yet, the people who question and criticize or don’t buy in to what the optos are selling are almost always proven right. I went through it when I was the guy taking shots for being the first to say Darnold sucked, and now it’s @bitonti’s turn. 
If I had to bet my money on whether Bit or the board ends up proven right in this discussion, I’m going with @bitonti all day long. History is on his side.

I would say this: when you have a window you go for it.   Most of the time the odds are you will fall short.   But creating windows and going for it are how you win the Super Bowl.   I’ve lived through 10 years of my team being passive.   The Packers thought they could have their cake and eat it too.   They kept building for the future rather than using those draft assets and going for jt.   We’ve had 13 years of being in the playoffs and coming up short.   The playoffs might sound good to you but believe me, if you lose ur last game you’ll always wonder what if

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

No but it made the year slightly more tolerable as we slowly came to the conclusion that zach sucks by ourselves 

fair enough, bro fair enough 

that's like post-of-the-week material 

speaking of poker the reason I don't like this Aaron Rodgers thing is it feels like the odds are too low for what the pot offers

to put it into Hold Em terms. Trading for Aaron Rodgers is like drawing to an inside straight after the flop. It's like 8 percent by the way

the Jets are currently +1400 to win the SB which is 6.67 implied odds so I'm not pulling that 8 percent out of thin air. 

when people say, "but they are close to a Super Bowl and have to try" that's implied odds looking at the great prize of winning it all.

Or saying Yes if I hit this straight, I take this fool's whole stack. 

but 92% of the time you don't and even counting for implied odds it doesn't seem like a smart bet

and what's the cost? JD is going all-in. There's no future for him in NY if he trades for Arod, and that whole thing washes out on him. There's probably no future for him anyway, after Zach. with the stakes that they are in cap hell in 25 and 26

Or, if you play golf, it's like taking a 4 iron to the fairway bunker when what you need to do is get it out of there with a pitching wedge 

Take your lumps in other words and live to fight another day 

Or if you don't play golf or poker it's like eating dinner from candy bars in the vending machine not cooking yourself a meal like an adult 

it's fun but there's a price to pay

What would I do?

Keep the picks, build a program, find a QB mid round like Sam Howell or Brock Perdy, and take your medicine. 

it's not popular but the Jets need to build a program not eat their dinner from the candy bucket 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I would say this: when you have a window you go for it.   Most of the time the odds are you will fall short.   But creating windows and going for it are how you win the Super Bowl.   I’ve lived through 10 years of my team being passive.   The Packers thought they could have their cake and eat it too.   They kept building for the future rather than using those draft assets and going for jt.   We’ve had 13 years of being in the playoffs and coming up short.   The playoffs might sound good to you but believe me, if you lose ur last game you’ll always wonder what if

I get what you’re saying, and I agree. What I’m talking about though is completely different however.

. I’m referring to the herd like mentality of ridiculing someone for not buying what the team is selling, or what the majority of the board is saying. In the case of the Jets (and JetNation) the guy who bucks the tide is almost always proven correct in the long run.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s something I’ve noticed in the time I’ve been on this board... The people who “don’t buy in to the narrative the Jets want us to believe are always the ones to face ridicule.

”go root for another team” “you’re not really a Jets fan” “why are you always so miserable” “you’re a troll” …and yet, the people who question and criticize or don’t buy in to what the optos are selling are almost always proven right.
I went through it when I was the guy taking shots for being the first to say Darnold sucked, and so have many others through the years. Now it’s @bitonti’s turn. 

In Love Crying GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Oh no it probably is

The way I see it I'm driving page count to Max. Who does more for this site than me? 

but the real question is do you feel sorry for me? 

because I can't really function unless a few hundred people feel sorry for me at any given time 

I respect as the man you are. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ptisme said:

We already know what it means or how it feels to lose in a AFC championship game.

26 minutes ago, ptisme said:

The Packers had SB ready teams almost every year Rodgers has been in GB.   Eli Manning and Kaepernick both outplayed him in huge playoff games in GB.  Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan outplayed him in huge playoff games.

Rodgers has been great statistically in the regular season and the playoffs.  He's also been outplayed at home with the better team in several playoff games.   He's had some good moments in elimination games, he's also felt the pressure and underperformed QB' in elimination games on his home field.  

The Packers have had a long window with a top flight QB and only got over the hump once with Rodgers.  The got to the big game 2 with Favre and won 5 championship games with Starr.   The windows and talent haven't been the problem.  It's the leadership on the field in the big moments.  Coaching also has a lot to do with it.  

The Jets don't have a SB caliber coaching staff let alone a window.  It's a prayer.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Aaron Rodgers is washed. Ask Chat GPT it knows. 

No actually, it doesn't.

Is Aaron Rodgers Washed?

As an AI language model, I cannot make subjective judgments or opinions about individuals or their abilities. However, I can provide some objective information about Aaron Rodgers' recent performance in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers is currently the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers and has been playing in the NFL for over a decade. In the 2020 NFL season, he led the Packers to a 13-3 record and won the MVP award for his outstanding performance, throwing for 4,299 yards and 48 touchdowns with only 5 interceptions. This is an indication that he is still performing at a high level and is considered one of the top quarterbacks in the league.

It is worth noting that performance can fluctuate for any athlete, and factors such as injuries, team dynamics, and overall strategy can impact an individual's performance. Therefore, it is important to consider a range of factors when evaluating a player's performance rather than simply relying on subjective opinions.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

No actually, it doesn't.

Is Aaron Rodgers Washed?

As an AI language model, I cannot make subjective judgments or opinions about individuals or their abilities. However, I can provide some objective information about Aaron Rodgers' recent performance in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers is currently the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers and has been playing in the NFL for over a decade. In the 2020 NFL season, he led the Packers to a 13-3 record and won the MVP award for his outstanding performance, throwing for 4,299 yards and 48 touchdowns with only 5 interceptions. This is an indication that he is still performing at a high level and is considered one of the top quarterbacks in the league.

It is worth noting that performance can fluctuate for any athlete, and factors such as injuries, team dynamics, and overall strategy can impact an individual's performance. Therefore, it is important to consider a range of factors when evaluating a player's performance rather than simply relying on subjective opinions.

Imagine a Jets QB playing a complete season and only throwing 5 picks? 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

have they though? 

Deal still not done, JD being stubborn, thinks he has leverage when really they don't have a QB and GB has 2

not sure that having 2 QBs, with the desire to play love, which means paying $60 million for your backup, is such a great position to be in.

in the end, if this game of mutual assured destruction ends with neither side blinking and the rumored trade falls apart, the jets can still pivot to other QB options.  granted they may not be aaron rodgers, but they can look into lamar jackson or explore a trade for matt stafford or ryan tannehill (both are probably available, their current teams' denials notwithstanding), or wait for the inevitable post-draft shake-out when a team drafts a QB and is looking to get rid of a veteran, or bring in a teddy b-type QB and draft another one this year.

the packers on the other hand - if the trade falls apart - owe aaron rodgers $60 million and need to come to a decision on love's 5th year option.

so sure, mathematically, 2 > 0, but then again, $60 million > $0

• Upvote 1

Much rather be part of the crowd that has hope, than the ones that live every year like Groundhog Day. It makes life much more enjoyable. I choose to buy in to the plan. If I am proven wrong, then it won’t be the first time. If I am proven right, you all will find something else to complain about. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yes they have. They are honestly making an effort to get better and compete. Haven't done that in forever. Likely misguided but the fact remains they are trying to field a better QB than they did last year. Not that hard, but they seem to be swinging for the fences at least from their perspective. 

Where have we gotten better so far? Frankly all I’m seeing is a worsening of the team to this point. Downgrades or sidegrades at best.  Very unimpressed with this off-season so far.

Basically we’re in “Rodgers will fix it all” land now….before we have Rodgers. Just waiting to see how much we have to fork over for him…and when.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I'm not impressed.

If you take the negative on every Jets decision, you'll be right 90% of the time.  BFD.

• Upvote 1