Aaron Rodgers Decision Could Reportedly be Just Days Away

Aaron-Rodgers-2-scaled.jpg

Aaron Rodgers could release the Jets from quarterback purgatory within a matter of days according to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.  Speaking on the Cheesehead TV podcast, Demovsky said a source in Indianapolis said a decision from Rodgers could come early this week.

A Rodgers decision isn’t guaranteed to include the Jets if he’s looking to move on, but it will allow the Jets to leave their current holding pattern to explore other options.

Demovsky added that folks in Indy stated the obvious in saying Woody Johnson is “desperate for relevancy” and that he “wants him (Rodgers) bad”.

The team lost out on their “Plan B” earlier in the day when Derek Carr opted to sign with the New Orleans Saints after a risky game of chicken.  This, just a day after reports surfaced that claimed the signal caller was leaning toward the Jets.

Should the Jets miss out on Rodgers, the team will likely look at the oft injured Jimmy Garoppolo who is reportedly drawing interest from the Las Vegas Raiders.  If the Jets come up empty with both Rodgers and Garoppolo, things could get ugly.

The post Aaron Rodgers Decision Could Reportedly be Just Days Away appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Packers trade Rodgers to Jets for hefty draft comp. This sets off a ripple effect as other veteran QBs sign elsewhere.

With the QB market how barren, Tom Brady decides to shaft the Jets once again, announcing his annual un-retirement and signing for the Dolphins.

Rodgers, aware that he now has the 2028 HOF QB class all to himself, promptly retires. Jets take a gazillion dollar cap hit.

Jets announce that a "re-set and re-energised" Zach Wilson will start at QB, backed up by Chris Streveler and Blake Bortles.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RJIII said:

Realistically, what would the Jets need to give the Packers for Rodgers?

What are they giving the Jets to take Rodgers off their hands ? The Packers are not even hiding the fact they absolutely do not want Rodgers back. No other team appears to want him.. Why should Jets outbid themselves? Throw them a 4th, or 3rd next yr.. Until a team shows even hint of interest, packers have to take whatever jets feel like giving them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What are they giving the Jets to take Rodgers off their hands ? The Packers are not even hiding the fact they absolutely do not want Rodgers back. No other team appears to want him.. Why should Jets outbid themselves? Throw them a 4th, or 3rd next yr.. Until a team shows even hint of interest, packers have to take whatever jets feel like giving them.

Agreed! Was just curious what was potentially on the table (draft capitol) versus a healthy amount of cash.. 

27 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Agreed! Was just curious what was potentially on the table (draft capitol) versus a healthy amount of cash.. 

I’m loving all of this. No one has a bigger ego than Aaron rodgers. When Packers drafted Love he was pissed ! Real challenge to his ego. He responded by putting up 2 of his best yrs, back to back MVP seasons. Packers have quietly said after signing that mega deal and proving himself again, he checked out. Wasn’t all in. Not being wanted, especially by GB has to bruise his ego badly again. He will be out in force to prove something again. I think the stalling is him not being able to accept yet it’s only the Jets that want him. 

I’m loving all of this. No one has a bigger ego than Aaron rodgers. When Packers drafted Love he was pissed ! Real challenge to his ego. He responded by putting up 2 of his best yrs, back to back MVP seasons. Packers have quietly said after signing that mega deal and proving himself again, he checked out. Wasn’t all in. Not being wanted, especially by GB has to bruise his ego badly again. He will be out in force to prove something again. I think the stalling is him not being able to accept yet it’s only the Jets that want him. 
I think it's more likely the stall is occurring in Green Bay... They want more ... Even though they have zero leverage

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2023 at 11:46 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

We shall see.  Before social media was as big as it is now, Farve's ego was bruised for drafting Rogers who eventually sat on the bench for a couple of years.  Fast forward 15 years from now and Jordan Love will be our next packers QB that we are trying to bring in.

• Haha 1

It’s now Thursday. Okay so it’s in the morning and if anything happens today it won’t be until afternoon. But what I think is Rodgers doesn’t want to be pressured by a deadline and if he was so intent on returning to play he would’ve made his decision by now. For the jets sake, they need to know by this weekend. The fact that he’s still waffling is troubling. I can see him deciding to retire. Yeah I get the whole thing about leaving all that money on the table but there is a tremendous toll on these guys as they train and finally play.  I certainly wouldn’t hold retirement against him even though it costs the jets some success.

we’ll see how this eventually plays out. I’m pretty confident Douglas will do what’s right for the team if Rodgers continues to waffle.

3 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

We shall see.  Before social media was as big as it is now, Farve's ego was bruised for drafting Rogers who eventually sat on the bench for a couple of years.  Fast forward 15 years from now and Jordan Love will be our next packers QB that we are trying to bring in.

Was it the same GM? Know Farve they got in a trade. But they gave up a late first for him, rodgers was picked 24th, Love 26th. Meanwhile Jets have drafted how many qb busts in top 6 since 09? Lol 

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Was it the same GM? Know Farve they got in a trade. But they gave up a late first for him, rodgers was picked 24th, Love 26th. Meanwhile Jets have drafted how many qb busts in top 6 since 09? Lol 

Ron Wolf traded for Favre.  He was with the Jets from 90-91 and then left to become GM of Green Bay.  He traded for Favre shortly after he got to GB and drafted Ty Detmer, Aaron Brooks and Matt Hasselbeck along with a slew of late round QBs we don't know.  The guy that lived the draft one every year - even after you've found one.  He was gone before they drafted Rodgers or Flynn.  Sherman took over for Wolf and then Ted Thompson took over and drafted Rodgers.  Love was drafted by the current guy Gutenkunst or whatever it is.  I am sure he was never teased on the playground.

Jets fans mostly remember him as the guy, along with Charlie Casserly's wig, that gifted the Jets with Mike McCaggnan. 

• Post of the Week 1