Rodgers Trade Compensation Poll and Discussion

OMA

Rodgers Trade Compensation - what is the ending price poll.  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers Trade Compensation - what is the ending price poll.

• 2023 1st Only
    • 2023 2nd and 2024 conditional (playoffs qualifies for 1st otherwise 2nd)
    • 2023 2nd and 2023 3rd
    • We end up with Tannehill and this is a mute point.

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's starting to sound like the draft comp in picks will be determined by how much of the cap GB is willing to eat.

GB wants to buy draft capital - so they'll take the bigger cap hit for higher/more picks.

It's really a question for JD to find the proper median.

where are you seeing/hearing this?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Is an overall 13 a fair price for 2 years of Rodgers. It’s reasonable the question is more on the contract than compensation. 

The problem is that there's no guarantee there will be 2 years of Rodgers.  (We are still waiting to find out if there will be 1 more year.)  That's the biggest reason why I am 100% against a trade package involving a 2023 first rounder, especially when it's the 13th overall pick.

• Upvote 1

Didn’t even list the most obvious cost?

throw up 3rd this year and a conditional pick in 2024 that can become a second.

if Rodgers only wants to play for the jets, the jets have all the leverage. I’d be shocked if a first or two 2nds were involved based on JDs history with draft picks.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Packers just don't have that much leverage. They need to get rid of him and we're the suitor. I expect less than everyone is assuming.

You would think so - especially with Douglas at the helm.

I think the biggest threat to it not happening is Rodgers just decides he doesn't want to be a Jet and retires. It feels very over in GB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

where are you seeing/hearing this?

Trying to find it.  It was all over Twitter last night.  Can't seem to find the tweets though.

But it does seem pretty clear GB taking some of the cap is part of the negotiation.  I'll keep looking and if I find the tweet I'll share it.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

The problem is that there's no guarantee there will be 2 years of Rodgers.  (We are still waiting to find out if there will be 1 more year.)  That's the biggest reason why I am 100% against a trade package involving a 2023 first rounder, especially when it's the 13th overall pick.

A 13 imo isn’t that big a deal. And JD might be able to give less comp since GB probably is desperate to get rid of that contract. And him. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

A 13 imo isn’t that big a deal. And JD might be able to give less comp since GB probably is desperate to get rid of that contract. And him. 

It's a big deal because in most drafts there are around 15 players with first-round grades so the 13th pick is a premium pick that gives you some assurances you'll be getting a good player (yes, it's all a crapshoot), especially like this year when a number of QBs will be going high.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You would think so - especially with Douglas at the helm.

I think the biggest threat to it not happening is Rodgers just decides he doesn't want to be a Jet and retires. It feels very over in GB.

I agree with that.

We don't need to convince GB on comp as much as we need to convince Rodgers that he wants to play here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

A 2023 second round pick and a conditional 2024 third round pick sounds about right.

I agree.  If Rogers was 3 years younger, then 2- 1st rounders.  But at this age, and the amount of money he will be getting, a 2nd and next years 3rd sounds about right.  No way I give up a 1st round pick for him.  At worst, a 2nd this year, and next years 2nd.