Jump to content

Ravens non exclusive franchise tag Lamar at $32M


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

They are definitely going to match any deal.  no way they let him go for just two number ones

If Atlanta offers Lamar a fully guaranteed 250MM contract they will not match it.  They'll take the two 1's and move on.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup, but you also have to give a contract Balt or any other team is unwilling to match.  

Guarantees will need to be HUGE for a run first QB.  

You never know. Might be surprised in a good way. Daniel Jones wanting $40M is surprised the bad way, but Aaron getting much less than the talked about first round plus would be a good way. Maybe Lamar really wants out and the Ravens want him gone too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lamar will either be a Falcon or a Raven.  I believe the Ravens will match whatever Falcons offer. Essentially, Falcons will be negotiating Lamar's new contract with Baltimore.

Although the NY Giants thoughts are intriguing.  Daniel Jones or Lamar?  

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I’d give up 2 firsts for Lamar in a heartbeat 

So would everyone. The real issue is the guaranteed contract he is seeking.  The next owner that does that will be an outcast in the league.  Nobody wants to start that trend.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

26 year old Lamar or 39 year old Rodgers? Seems like a no brainer. Woody - turn that plane around 

Ravens don’t seem convinced they can win it all with lamar.  They probably realize that his body is already breaking down and won’t have the longevity that other qbs have.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re hoping a team like atlanta bites, gives up multiple firsts and the ravens line up for a qb next year. 

  • Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup, but you also have to give a contract Balt or any other team is unwilling to match.  

Guarantees will need to be HUGE for a run first QB.  

We know they wouldn’t go near Watson deal. Can’t be too hard to Find out what their final offer was, and some team will offer something in the middle.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Ravens don’t seem convinced they can win it all with lamar.  They probably realize that his body is already breaking down and won’t have the longevity that other qbs have.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re hoping a team like atlanta bites, gives up multiple firsts and the ravens line up for a qb next year. 

They realize they could have had Lamar locked in for LOT less few yrs ago. So they are kicking themselves now, because they probably never envisioned the price tag for him would grow this astronomical thanks to the worst franchise in sports, Cleveland browns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Esquire said:

If Atlanta offers Lamar a fully guaranteed 250MM contract they will not match it.  They'll take the two 1's and move on.

They know some team was gonna blow him away. if that was the case they would’ve just made him the exclusive franchise player and traded him for a lot more than two number ones. Now they are letting another team lay out bodywork and I guarantee you Baltimore will match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...