Ravens non exclusive franchise tag Lamar at $32M

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

The Ravens average 26 pts a game w/ Lamar Jackson.  Good for 5th in the NFL.  The Ravens average 16pts a game w/out Lamar.  Good for last in the NFL.  They were 8-4 w/ Lamar.  2-5 w/out.  No one player has a bigger impact on his team then Lamar Jackson.

You’re a Lamar dreamer get it……JD ain’t giving up 5 picks and 2-3 1st rounders plus 200 mil guaranteed at least. 

not to mention the change in offensive scheme and philosophy. W Nate Hackett. 

• Thumb Down 1

Someone needs to explain to me why 31 other owners will help Baltimore keep their QB.  
He’s a high risk player demanding a low risk guarantee.  And the acquiring team also needs to hand over two first round picks to take that disproportional risk.  

It’s like you guys don’t have enough drama with this Rodgers thing you have to conjure up nonsense. 
Why is there only one suitor for Rodgers? Collusion to protect the Jets?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not talking about the tag. I’m talking about collusion.

6 teams that need a QB all saying they’re not interested within one hour. 

I am sure they were not interested b4 the tag but now they can answer it. 

my guess is another top qb who hasn’t missed a ton of time would get a guaranteed contract in this scenario. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Someone needs to explain to me why 31 other owners will help Baltimore keep their QB.  
He’s a high risk player demanding a low risk guarantee.  And the acquiring team also needs to hand over two first round picks to take that disproportional risk.  

It’s like you guys don’t have enough drama with this Rodgers thing you have to conjure up nonsense. 
Why is there only one suitor for Rodgers? Collusion to protect the Jets?  

OK.  When was the last time an NFL franchise was up for sale?  Panthers?  2018?  I can't even remember.  These franchises are passed on from generation to generation, some for almost 100 years now.  These owners are looking at the long game here.  Do you think they care if Baltimore gets to keep Jackson at below market vs. the ramifications of having to pay their current and future QBs insane guaranteed money like those idiots running Cleveland gave Watson?  I agree with @Matt39 on this point - it is in the best long term interests of the NFL owners to pigeon hole that Watson deal as a one-off than to repeat it and open the door to 1/4 billion dollar guarantees becoming the norm for franchise QB's.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

What do these owners think Burrow is going to ask for?  Herbert?  Lawrence? This isnt going to end well for the NFL and it's quite clear what's going on.  I've never seen teams go out of their way to say they're out of the race.  wtf?  Never.  It's not the players fault the Browns and Cardinals did what they did, what's done is done.  It's where they are at and these scumbags, should F'ing pay it.  They're making money hand over fist on this dog sh*t product. 

Brush up on the cap and minimum spending.  A dollar to Lamar is a dollar someone else doesn’t get. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

never gonna happen. ravens will just match the offer. they are just letting the league set his price

Yes.

And essentially what seems to be happening is Baltimore's last offer, which is well known the league, was probably very fair and likely on the aggressive side.  Baltimore is a well run organization and would like to keep their QB but aren't going to be stupid either

So any team would have to beat Balt's most recent aggressive offer AND two first round picks.  

Again, I think it's highly unlikely the Ravens are being cheap here - I think it's more likely LJ is making unreasonable demands.  

The poorly run franchises like Jets and Cleveland are already locked in on their QB's.  

Not sure where Detroit is on all of this - but I wouldn't be surprised if they were the only ones to make an offer.

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The bengals are such a cheap and messed up franchise I could see them trading Burrow

Soooo you're saying we trade for Rodgers now and get him for 2 years - he retires right in time for Burrow to be tagged with the non-exclusive franchise tag after playing out his optional 5th year - and we give up 2 firsts for him for the next decade? 

Sign me up! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1