Not as many teams in on Lamar as expected...many already bowing out

AFJF

3 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Kyler Murray got 160 guaranteed.  133 is a slap in the face and obvious attempt to cap what they're dishing out.  

I'm using Burrow as an example because it's going to happen.  You keep acting like when now, here than, matters.  It doesnt.  This about what the league is trying to do w/ guarantee contracts.  

The only knock on Lamar is his health.  This nonsense about production is ridiculous.  He's right up there w/ Mahomes and Burrow in terms of how he impacts his team.  The Ravens are dog sh*t w/out him and have done an absolutely terrible job of building around him.  He carries that team like no other player in the league. 

JIF honestly tell me how the nonsense about production is ridiculous ???? He averages 2400 yards a year as a damn QB ...Come on man.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

His style is a super high injury risk.  Team allegiance is questionable.  Fine to guarantee some of the contract, but no way in hell would I fully guarantee him.  That's f*cking insane and overly risky.   

Here is the faulty reasoning that have you and others have:  Because Cleveland did something stupid.... other teams must replicate or it's "collusion".   

That argument, right or wrong, will NEVER work.  Find something better.  This mess is 100% on Lamar.  Ravens getting royally screwed by him and his mother.

Fun fact; Lamar Jackson has only been injured in the pocket and the majority of QB injuries, come from inside the pocket, when you're a sitting duck.  Lamar doesnt take hits like Allen and Fields.  He's better at protecting himself but IMO the risk is worth the reward and I'd gamble on a 26 year old playing in a better system w/ better players around him not being asked to be the entire offense, staying healthy.   Many would if they werent colluding against him. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Top 5 offense w/ Lamar.  Worst in the NFL w/out Lamar.  8-4 w/ Lamar.  2-5 w/out Lamar.

it's interesting you keep pointing out the ravens stats without lamar.  because a major problem people have with paying him a fully guaranteed contract is he has missed 12 games in the last 2 years due to injury.

availability matters, especially when giving out gargantuan, fully guaranteed contracts. 

sure, let's pay lamar $50 million fully guaranteed a year, and when he missed the last 5 or 6 games of the year (and is not available for the playoffs), the TEAM'S season goes down the drain. 

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm not so sure handing your rival two 1st round picks and locking yourself into a fully guaranteed $250MM+ contract to a player who has missed 12 games over the last 2 years due to injuries is "winning"

Injuries can happen to any team, any player.

No team does more with less than the Steelers. They have no answer at QB. Lamar fixes that. Him w Najee? Formidable.

But it's hard to see the Ravens allowing the Steelers to have Lamar. 

Just now, JiF4Lamar said:

Fun fact; Lamar Jackson has only been injured in the pocket and the majority of QB injuries, come from inside the pocket, when you're a sitting duck.  Lamar doesnt take hits like Allen and Fields.  He's better at protecting himself but IMO the risk is worth the reward and I'd gamble on a 26 year old playing in a better system w/ better players around him not being asked to be the entire offense, staying healthy.   Many would if they werent colluding against him. 

JIF FUN FACT  is does not matter where or how Lamar was injured but there is a concern those injuries can effect his running game and movement in the pocket moving forward.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Is that because he is not that elusive in the pocket ?

I think there is enough plausible deniability with Lamars injury that they'd never get collusion to stick but Atlanta and Carolina being out of him doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

I really think the owners got pissed,  particularly the less wealthy owners that can't put an entire contract in escrow. I am curious to see how the Chargers and Bengals work their QB contracts as they have been historically cheap in regards to contracts in the past.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF I can rea between the lines don't play this game with me. You made numerous references to possible racism being in play here . This is a civil conversation and opinion based so I guess we can agree to disagree on racism being present or not but don't try to deny what you said in plain sight. I took it there because I called out what you were doing, you danced I called it what it was .

I was talking about his penis size.  It was a joke from a popular thread on this site.  The 2 QB's who set this market, are black.  This has nothing to do w/ race.  You went there. 

I'm not going to apologize for being impressed by a man w/ a big penis.  

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

it's interesting you keep pointing out the ravens stats without lamar.  because a major problem people have with paying him a fully guaranteed contract is he has missed 12 games in the last 2 years due to injury.

availability matters, especially when giving out gargantuan, fully guaranteed contracts. 

sure, let's pay lamar $50 million fully guaranteed a year, and when he missed the last 5 or 6 games of the year (and is not available for the playoffs), the TEAM'S season goes down the drain. 

I think he was available to play that last game to get into playoffs but he was leveraging that for financial reasons or just flipping the bird to Decosta/Harbaugh. Some teammates were put off by that childish behavior 

I don't view this as some grand conspiracy.  Hard to feel bad for a guy who was offered as much guaranteed money as anyone except 1 or 2 guys. 

The injury concern is valid. 

I'm sure he's going to make out fine.  That insane Watson contract doesn't need to be the standard. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's great now tell us about the playoffs and declining to play in the last playoff game .

Burrow made the SB, then he didnt, therefore, he is declining. 

He will never make the SB again because I said so.  Therefore, declining. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think he was available to play that last game to get into playoffs but he was leveraging that for financial reasons or just flipping the bird to Decosta/Harbaugh. Some teammates were put off by that childish behavior 

actually, that's why i used the term not available for the playoffs rather than counting that as a game missed due to injury.

but i will grant it is speculation so i don't want to outwardly accuse lamar of quiting on his team.  

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think there is enough plausible deniability with Lamars injury that they'd never get collusion to stick but Atlanta and Carolina being out of him doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

I really think the owners got pissed,  particularly the less wealthy owners that can't put an entire contract in escrow. I am curious to see how the Chargers and Bengals work their QB contracts as they have been historically cheap in regards to contracts in the past.

They’re out on the Deshaun number.

7 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

It's funny that I routinely point that out as a concern that I'm willing to gamble on.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Hey Ryan .... If Lamar's numbers were  4800 30 TD's 10 Ints per year would we be having these conversations ? No 

This league has handed out contracts to QB's that are ridiculous . The above numbers IMO should be in the 35 mil range in a common sense world ...you want 40 to 50 mil you better be in the 40 to 50 TD range Won a SB and be a guy who's does not get injured. Example Patrick Mahomes

Once again the numbers I put up would have easily gotten Lamar exactly what he wanted based on todays NFL

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF honestly tell me how the nonsense about production is ridiculous ???? He averages 2400 yards a year as a damn QB ...Come on man.

////shares stats that he throws TD's at the Mahomes, Marino, Warner rate,

....yells at me about something else.

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF FUN FACT  is does not matter where or how Lamar was injured but there is a concern those injuries can effect his running game and movement in the pocket moving forward.

FUN FACT SMASH; it matters when people say his "style of play" is why he gets hurt

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nope my hypothetical is 100 % on point. Since when do we pay a QB averaging 2400 yards passing a year with declining rushing numbers 40 mil per ? If that number was 4800 yards passing there would be ten teams lining up for Lamar.

And FWIW I have a very good understanding of what racism is and while some is very very real some is used as a tool and that's what I will not respect.

No, now you're deflecting. I was referring to your last paragraph about paying Jet players and I responded with an example. What is your response?

Just now, JiF4Lamar said:

It's funny that I routinely point that out as a concern that I'm willing to gamble on.

that's fine that YOU are willing to gamble on it.  it's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.

but it seems you question when others are not willing to gamble on it, including actual NFL teams that don't want to give a fully-guaranteed contract AND two 1sts to find out whether he will revert to his MVP form or continue the generally declining trend and increased missed games we've seen over the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Burrow made the SB, then he didnt, therefore, he is declining. 

He will never make the SB again because I said so.  Therefore, declining. 

Burrow ain't getting 260 mil guaranteed.   Mike Brown notorious miser. 

• More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

And then there are teammates that said he literally couldnt put weight on it and it looked like he had a baseball knot on it.  I dont blame him for not putting himself at further risk for that scumbag Bisciotti. 

1. Injury history/risk

2. Run-first QB, which exacerbates that risk.

3. NFL GM's and Owners are conservative at QB, and many still prefer Pass-first traditional QB's (rightly or wrongly is irrelevant).

4. Jackson would really need a team to design their offensive talent around Jackson at that cost level, not always doable.

5. Jackson may simply not be viewed as worth the 2nd highest contract in NFL history.

6. Huge long-term contract AND giving up 2 #1 picks is alot of compensation vs. the risk.

No collusion is required here, there is more than enough risk vs. reward analysis here to lead the portions of the league that need a QB to shy away from trying to outbid the Ravens tag # at the cost of 2x #1 picks.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

No other team following the stupidity of the Cleveland Browns with the Watson deal does not prove collusion.  Whether there is or not. 

You are being ridiculous.  Just because an idiot owner does something nonsensical does not mean that other teams have to follow it or else it's "collusion".  This, my friend is a losing argument.  Collusion or not.  It doesn't really matter because there is no proof.  Simply put... maybe Lamar ain't worth it.  That's a legit opinion of many teams, no doubt.  But of course... thinking alike means collusion.  LOL.  Have fun with your "collusion" crying.  It is going absolutely nowhere.  NFLPA will soon find out if it doesn't realize this already.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

FUN FACT SMASH; it matters when people say his "style of play" is why he gets hurt

I agree with you 100 % he didn't get hurt because of running the football but the fact still remains he got hurt which can effect the better portion of his game. Even if he didn't get hurt being that type of QB can wear you down pretty quick over time just like it wears down most RB's 

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jesus.  People are going to need real evidence and not conjecture (no matter if they are correct) about "collusion".  

Guarantee about $300 million for an oft-injured QB with a mediocre arm at best, who ditched his team in the playoffs? 

No? 

"oh then you must be colluding!"

The "collusion" argument, whether true or false, has zero bearing here.  There is NO PROOF.  Even if it's true.  Owners win here.  

Frankly, any team who would guarantee that much for Lamar despite his injury risk, despite his lack of arm talent, would have done so already.  

You are literally the first human on the planet who has ever said Lamar Jackson lacks arm talent.

• More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Probably right and others have done the exact same thing - John Abraham and Ladanium tomlinson come to mind.

I really think Lamar's biggest issue is the lack of a professional agent - he needs that type of representation to be talking to the Altanta's and Carolina's. The other issue he has a stereotype as a running qb that is going to get hurt and has a ceiling lower than a super bowl. An agent can help dismiss that and be beneficial to him in the long run.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. Injury history/risk

2. Run-first QB, which exacerbates that risk.

3. NFL GM's and Owners are conservative at QB, and many still prefer Pass-first traditional QB's (rightly or wrongly is irrelevant).

4. Jackson would really need a team to design their offensive talent around Jackson at that cost level, not always doable.

5. Jackson may simply not be viewed as worth the 2nd highest contract in NFL history.

6. Huge long-term contract AND giving up 2 #1 picks is alot of compensation vs. the risk.

No collusion is required here, there is more than enough risk vs. reward analysis here to lead the portions of the league that need a QB to shy away from trying to outbid the Ravens tag # at the cost of 2x #1 picks.

^Agree.  Well presented.  Those going down the "collusion" argument rabbit hole need to find another line of reasoning. 

Where did race come into play with this?

The fact of the matter is there were owners upset at Haslem for giving Watson a fully guaranteed contract. Because it created a precedent, and now we see it going further with Lamar. And if Lamar were to get a fully guaranteed contract, then Burrow and Herbert would demand that as well. Even if you want to argue they deserve it, that doesn't mean those owners want to give it to them. Because since when do employers actually want to pay employees their worth? Plus I don't think the NFL wants to turn into the NBA where we every player gets a fully guaranteed contract

Not going to come out and say it's full blown collusion, but it's very interesting to say the least that teams that have been linked to Lamar for a while now are coming right out so quickly and saying "nope, not interested" ??‍♂️