Jump to content

Rodgers Questions.....


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, doitny said:

im sure im not the only one here wondering what there talking about with Rodgers right now. but im going to take a guess as to what i would do.

1. no regime change even if we miss the playoffs.

sorry to all those Saleh and JD haters but Rodgers is not going to want to put up with that his last year. 

2. no drafting a QB. Zach can take over in 2 years.

it hurt me to write that but Rodgers is here to win a SB, not play out his last 2 years just to get the money. all draft picks must be used to help in that and not compete with Zach. 

3. option for a 3rd and or 4th year?

maybe we dont win the SB in 2 years and he wants another shot or 2. maybe this reinvigorates him to want to play more? are we that set on given Zach one last chance that we would push him out like GB did to him for Love?. 

if im the Jets i say sure but you might have to take less money to make that happen so we can resign some of these young guys.

thats just some of what i think is going on, i mean do you think hes asking about a nice place to buy a house or our faculties from which i hear are ranked pretty bad.

what do you think?

 

 

To me there absolutely has to be a playoff mandate this year or else this is a bust.  

Wild card exit is the worst that can happen.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

To me there absolutely has to be a playoff mandate this year or else this is a bust.  

Wild card exit is the worst that can happen.  

of course i agree. im just saying if im Rodgers and we dont make the playoffs is Woodys firing everyone cause if he does i might not want to be a part of that in maybe my last year.

funny thing is Woody is probably there with both JD and Saleh so whats he suppose to say in front of them. good job security for them.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

of course i agree. im just saying if im Rodgers and we dont make the playoffs is Woodys firing everyone cause if he does i might not want to be a part of that in maybe my last year.

funny thing is Woody is probably there with both JD and Saleh so whats he suppose to say in front of them. good job security for them.

I honestly think Rodgers would agree with the mandate.  He's approaching 40 not 30.  If he doesnt believe he can at least get to the playoffs this year then why bother.  

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think if the jets, with aaron rodgers, don't make the playoffs - everyone is gone.  rodgers will retire, JD and Saleh get canned.  

will the jets pick up zach's 5th year option if he hasn't seen the field for potentially 2 years?  if the entire regime is canned, i don't think he's a jet after year 3.  

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

#2 Don’t think Zach plays another down for this team except due to injury. Jets draft a QB this year later round learns from Rodgers. Zachs option will not be picked up Jets try to trade him in 2024 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doitny said:

im sure im not the only one here wondering what there talking about with Rodgers right now. but im going to take a guess as to what i would do.

1. no regime change even if we miss the playoffs.

sorry to all those Saleh and JD haters but Rodgers is not going to want to put up with that his last year. 

2. no drafting a QB. Zach can take over in 2 years.

it hurt me to write that but Rodgers is here to win a SB, not play out his last 2 years just to get the money. all draft picks must be used to help in that and not compete with Zach. 

3. option for a 3rd and or 4th year?

maybe we dont win the SB in 2 years and he wants another shot or 2. maybe this reinvigorates him to want to play more? are we that set on given Zach one last chance that we would push him out like GB did to him for Love?. 

if im the Jets i say sure but you might have to take less money to make that happen so we can resign some of these young guys.

thats just some of what i think is going on, i mean do you think hes asking about a nice place to buy a house or our faculties from which i hear are ranked pretty bad.

what do you think?

 

 

1. Agree, very astute point

2. So you are saying the Jets are exercising Zach’s 5th year option after this year?  Because if they don’t, why would Zach want to come back here as an unrestricted free agent after year 4?

Even if you believe there is a chance he does want to come back / let alone miraculously solve all his issues, isn’t it risky to not draft a QB in the meantime?

The Jets will try to turn him around and if he shows any real progress (TC, preseason), their only option might be to trade him unless this miraculous reclamation happens this year (absent real game experience)

3. I believe a 3rd year is already built into his current contract

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doitny said:

im sure im not the only one here wondering what there talking about with Rodgers right now. but im going to take a guess as to what i would do.

1. no regime change even if we miss the playoffs.

sorry to all those Saleh and JD haters but Rodgers is not going to want to put up with that his last year. 

2. no drafting a QB. Zach can take over in 2 years.

it hurt me to write that but Rodgers is here to win a SB, not play out his last 2 years just to get the money. all draft picks must be used to help in that and not compete with Zach. 

3. option for a 3rd and or 4th year?

maybe we dont win the SB in 2 years and he wants another shot or 2. maybe this reinvigorates him to want to play more? are we that set on given Zach one last chance that we would push him out like GB did to him for Love?. 

if im the Jets i say sure but you might have to take less money to make that happen so we can resign some of these young guys.

thats just some of what i think is going on, i mean do you think hes asking about a nice place to buy a house or our faculties from which i hear are ranked pretty bad.

what do you think?

 

 

Tom Brady was the only QB in history to continue to play at such a high level into his mid 40s. The chance of Rodgers being good in 3 years when he’s turning 42 is not very likely. It’s more likely that he falls off a cliff in next 2 years like the Mannings, Brees, Roethlisburger , and Ryan did before hitting 40. I’d be thrilled to get 1 pro bowl level season out of him let alone 2 or 3. I would not extend his existing contract or give up multiple firsts to get him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Agree, very astute point

2. So you are saying the Jets are exercising Zach’s 5th year option after this year?  Because if they don’t, why would Zach want to come back here as an unrestricted free agent after year 4?

Even if you believe there is a chance he does want to come back / let alone miraculously solve all his issues, isn’t it risky to not draft a QB in the meantime?

The Jets will try to turn him around and if he shows any real progress (TC, preseason), their only option might be to trade him unless this miraculous reclamation happens this year (absent real game experience)

3. I believe a 3rd year is already built into his current contract

2. good point. i think Darnolds 5th year was around 15 mil so Zachs would have to be higher. thats alot for a backup when your trying to win it all.

i just dont think Rodgers or even for us that would be a good idea to draft a QB. at least not high in the first 2 or 3 rounds. the farther back we go the pickings get slimmer and slimmer.

with Rodgers were all in now. there is no future. you cant pass on a player who could help us win a SB for a future QB. this is what we are signing up for. we cant worry about life after Rodgers. if we have no QB and win 4 games so be it. its too late now.

listen i did not want Rodgers i wanted Carr but that ship has sailed. 

Rodgers is a hired gun to win a SB. if im him im making sure the Jets are all in too. and that means drafting players to help him win it now, not for life without him.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

2. good point. i think Darnolds 5th year was around 15 mil so Zachs would have to be higher. thats alot for a backup when your trying to win it all.

i just dont think Rodgers or even for us that would be a good idea to draft a QB. at least not high in the first 2 or 3 rounds. the farther back we go the pickings get slimmer and slimmer.

with Rodgers were all in now. there is no future. you cant pass on a player who could help us win a SB for a future QB. this is what we are signing up for. we cant worry about life after Rodgers. if we have no QB and win 4 games so be it. its too late now.

listen i did not want Rodgers i wanted Carr but that ship has sailed. 

Rodgers is a hired gun to win a SB. if im him im making sure the Jets are all in too. and that means drafting players to help him win it now, not for life without him.

 

Agreed, but I would take an educated gamble on a mid round pick.  Fair?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) what are your feelings about smoking mushrooms on off- days?

2) Is it cool to spread my propaganda throughout the locker room- like Dennis Hopper in apocalypse now?

3) If I decide I’m not all in in August can I take a two week vacation to re- think things?

4) Do I really need to teach this little puke how to play qb?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

i think if the jets, with aaron rodgers, don't make the playoffs - everyone is gone.  rodgers will retire, JD and Saleh get canned.  

will the jets pick up zach's 5th year option if he hasn't seen the field for potentially 2 years?  if the entire regime is canned, i don't think he's a jet after year 3.  

 

Nah you just don’t start all over. JD and Saleh have brought in a competitive culture. Good draft picks, a strong defense. They’ve had to work from the bottom up. Not entirely their fault Zach is such a kill joy and screwed up the opportunity they had last year to get in playoffs. They should keep ascending. And with Rodgers just can’t see them not get in playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

i think if the jets, with aaron rodgers, don't make the playoffs - everyone is gone.  rodgers will retire, JD and Saleh get canned.  

will the jets pick up zach's 5th year option if he hasn't seen the field for potentially 2 years?  if the entire regime is canned, i don't think he's a jet after year 3.  

 

doesnt Rodgers have 2 years left? why would he leave that? 

nah hes here for 2 years or thats what they should be trying to get him to agree to and so is Saleh and JD come hell or high water. 

we play in a tough division in the tougher conference. a couple of injuries to key guys could hurt us enough to miss the playoffs. Rodgers as good as he is cant carry the whole team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gibby said:

3) If I decide I’m not all in in August can I take a two week vacation to re- think things?

4) Do I really need to teach this little puke how to play qb?

i think that those 2 things are definitely on the table.

people think that Rodgers likes Zach, and that might be true but it could be like that younger cousin you got that doesnt live by you. yeah its nice to see him once in a blue moon but if he moved in next door and you see him every day and hes following you around like a "mini me" it could get annoying real fast.

i just dont see Rodgers as that cool mentoring type guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) what are your feelings about smoking mushrooms on off- days?
2) Is it cool to spread my propaganda throughout the locker room- like Dennis Hopper in apocalypse now?
3) If I decide I’m not all in in August can I take a two week vacation to re- think things?
4) Do I really need to teach this little puke how to play qb?
 
Mature

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Jets can't get to the playoffs in Saleh's 3rd year with a HOF QB and the kind of talent this team has, the coaching staff at least has to go. My philosophy is that CSs have 3 years to prove they're worth it unless they're complete disasters (like Gase). If Saleh can't punch it in, especially after this year's meltdown, he needs to go.

As for Zach Wilson, I don't see him staying on the team for even as long as Rodgers. He wants to play, and almost certainly wants to get out of New York. In my eyes I see potential for greatness but he needs a complete reset if there's even a chance of that happening. I'm not even thinking about his 5th year option. 

Rodgers is going to be hired to try to win it all. He's not going to come here for strictly money, otherwise he would go somewhere like Miami. If he's even considering the Jets it's because he thinks they hold the greatest capacity to win the Super Bowl with him. I'm not worried about what happens after, because even without getting him the rest of the talent this team has is going to get really expensive in 2-3 years anyways.

If Rodgers doesn't sign here, I still don't see Wilson staying for long. He either starts and goes out with a bang taking the CS and GM with him, or he backs up and requests a trade sometime after. It is just my opinion and speculation but I don't think ZW is in the Jets' future, or at least not very far in it. In my eyes because Carr isn't an option anymore unless the Jets hit a gem in a FA backup or strike gold in a draft pick (somehow) they won't go far and it will be an unfortunate waste of the 2022 draft and the amazing defense JD has built up and the CS has coached.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Jets can't get to the playoffs in Saleh's 3rd year with a HOF QB and the kind of talent this team has, the coaching ....


If the Jets do not land Rodgers, I see a second tier signing like Jimmy or Baker leading to an extreme likelihood that we see Zach play multiple games this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk


  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...