Cap clearing has begun

Having been very frugal with the cap up until this point, JD does have plenty of wiggle room to find the money to bring in a HoF QB, keep the bulk of the team together, and make a couple improvements. Uzomah might’ve been the TE closest to the block, but that position probably just got removed from the draft board entirely (if it was ever considered). 

• Upvote 4

This makes no sense to me (mosley).  He had 17 million salary and cap hits of $21 million this year and next.  If your keeping him, make real room.  Convert real money for real savings.

To me, this is a we want to keep you through free agency but still leave options open for a change.

EDIT: Jumped on original tweet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hawk said:

This makes no sense to me (mosley).  He had 17 million salary and cap hits of $21 million this year and next.  If your keeping him, make real room.  Convert real money for real savings.

To me, this is a we want to keep you through free agency but still leave options open for a change.

It wasn’t Mosley. That was a mistake 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hawk said:

Uzomah was restructured, not Mosley. The original tweet was a mistake and named the wrong CJ.

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

Yeah he deleted Mosley 

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It wasn’t Mosley. That was a mistake 

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Uzomah was restructured, not Mosley. The original tweet was a mistake and named the wrong CJ.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

Yeah he deleted Mosley 

Oh ,um, go about your business.  Lol

I guess I understand now why It didn't make sense..  

21 minutes ago, doitny said:

this shocks me, i though he would get cut. didnt do much last year

There was no cap savings.  There will be now , so is still an option.  

Edit: I was wrong, still no cap savings.  If memory serves, it was pretty much a wash cap hit to dead money, and $3 million should be pushed back.  As a June 1 cut he should open more cap space.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hawk said:

It was Uzomah not Mosely

36 minutes ago, doitny said:

These guys will get a pass. It’s hard to be productive when your QB play was as bad as the jets were. When you’re throwing for 150-180 yards with 10-15 completions a game, there just isn’t enough stats to go around.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

These guys will get a pass. It’s hard to be productive when your QB play was as bad as the jets were. When you’re throwing for 150-180 yards with 10-15 completions a game, there just isn’t enough stats to go around.

True about the low pass total but if a team can complete 15 passes per game and still win than that’s a pretty powerful team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

A) He couldn't be cut this year because of the cap ramifications

b) Probably didn't help having Zach Wilson, Mike White, and Joe Flacco as our starting QB's.

• Upvote 2

if Jd gets  rogers it will be a feather in his cap and deserves credit-if he fails it will be a big blemish that he should be accountable for

He has not found a viable QB for the jets since he took over which is why the Jets have a terrible record under his watch

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Converting to bonus isn't actually a "save" of anything, it nets out but instead just pushes a horrific deal to have an impact for more years. He would've been outright cut if his money for this year wasn't already guaranteed.

Who's talking about saving anything? It's only important because it frees up cap space this year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

if Jd gets  rogers it will be a feather in his cap and deserves credit-if he fails it will be a big blemish that he should be accountable for

He has not found a viable QB for the jets since he took over which is why the Jets have a terrible record under his watch

[This isn't meant to be snarky.  It's just a counter-point.]

It's not like viable QBs grow on trees.  In his three drafts, the only good one was Lawrence, who we had no shot to take.  Maybe Fields but the jury is still out on him.  Hurts turned out great but as a late-2nd rounder, nobody really saw that coming and it's hard to fault any GM for not drafting him at that time.

Then you look at which QBs moved in trades or FA.  Stafford was the obvious one but the price was so high, that I think this board would have lost its collective mind and our team wasn't ready to win a SB with him anyway.  Ryan and Rivers moved.  I don't think that was our answer.  Keep on going down the list and there really wasn't anyone until this year and we are going after the best one available.  I'm choosing to ignore Geno as that was also so random it's still hard to believe.

It's massively disappointing that Zach didn't turn out like we hoped, but with no way to get T-Law, it really didn't matter in the long run.  Sucks but lots of teams are in the same position.  Chances are four more teams are going to draft 1st round QBs this year (maybe 5) and most, if not all of them are going to be disappointed within two years.  

Right now there's Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts, maybe Herbert and T-Law, and then everybody else wishing they had a better QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Uzomah is a leader in the locker room.  He was never going to be cut.

With a new OC and QB, I think you'll see a couple of players such as Moore and Uzomah have a nice uptick in production next season.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I know they gotta clear cap but uzomah frigging sucks 

He's slow as balls and spends most of his time producing Broadway plays 

I think they gotta pay his guaranteed $$$ anyway, so it will hit the cap whether he is cut or not, so, if needed, why not spread some of it out over another year in order to clear a little cap this year?  And I'd place a blind wager that his play sucks.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think they gotta pay his guaranteed $$$ anyway, so it will hit the cap whether he is cut or not, so, if needed, why not spread some of it out over another year in order to clear a little cap this year?  And I'd place a blind wager that his play sucks.

Honest question if they made him run the 40, would he break 5 seconds? He's like an extra lineman at this point 

• Upvote 1