Becton on Twitter

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What in the world is happening?

I've been seeing Becton's posts every day and generally fluffing them off.  But this one...

No matter how down on him you are, you gotta admit, he's trimming down.  Has a waist now.  If he comes back healthy and fit and can go back to dominating like he did in his rookie season, what an absolute gift that would be.  Like having an extra 1st round draft pick this year.

I choose to be hopeful.  Lucy is probably waiting but I can't help myself.

It is quite possible that two major injuries and playing with men instead of boys helped him realize he has to take better care of himself....ESPECIALLY if he wants that second contract to make some big bucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

What’s concerning here is that it took him this long to go ahead and get in shape. He is in a do or die year and that is likely why he finally got motivated. If he winds up having a great year I would still have future concerns about what motivates this guy. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I've been seeing Becton's posts every day and generally fluffing them off.  But this one...

No matter how down on him you are, you gotta admit, he's trimming down.  Has a waist now.  If he comes back healthy and fit and can go back to dominating like he did in his rookie season, what an absolute gift that would be.  Like having an extra 1st round draft pick this year.

Yeah, and if my mother had a dingdong, she'd have been my father. So sick of hearing about how much better this guy looks, and what better shape he is in etc. Hey "Big Ticket" just keep quiet, go out and show us on the field in September, if you make it that far without getting hurt. Like everything else, this organization is ALL TALK AND NO RESULTS.

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Either that or he has a xxxxxL T shirt on and poured his water down the front of his shirt! #wutwouldcrusherdo

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

What’s concerning here is that it took him this long to go ahead and get in shape. He is in a due or die year and that is likely why he finally got motivated. If he winds up having a great year I would still have future concerns about what motivates this guy. 

Fair point.  Right now, I'll take a dominant 2023 season with Rodgers at QB, and Becton and Brown keeping him clean from the outside while Becton and AVT plow the road for Breece, and worry about the rest later.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm glad he's getting in shape, hopefully that comes with health as well. Guy realizes he's about to eat himself out of $14m next year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Fair point.  Right now, I'll take a dominant 2023 season with Rodgers at QB, and Becton and Brown keeping him clean from the outside while Becton and AVT plow the road for Breece, and worry about the rest later.  

Oh I also hope he has an amazing year. We need help on the O line. I would just be really hesitant, hypothetically speaking, if he wound up having a great year and then we went out and gave him a massive extension. 

• Upvote 4

He's motivated and hungry.  Definitely hungry.

I expect Becton to be a force this season if he can stay healthy.  He's playing for a second contract, and for all intents and purposes, his NFL career.  If he ever gets that second contract though, I fully expect him to go back to his 400+ pound ways.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, extmenace said:

What’s concerning here is that it took him this long to go ahead and get in shape. He is in a do or die year and that is likely why he finally got motivated. If he winds up having a great year I would still have future concerns about what motivates this guy. 

He came into camp in really good shape.

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Yeah, and if my mother had a dingdong, she'd have been my father. So sick of hearing about how much better this guy looks, and what better shape he is in etc. Hey "Big Ticket" just keep quiet, go out and show us on the field in September, if you make it that far without getting hurt. Like everything else, this organization is ALL TALK AND NO RESULTS.

I hear you - but they are kids and some mature at different rates than others.

I remember Quinnen's first interview and thinking my God - what the hell did the Jets do - they drafted a pudgy kid. Look at him now.

For some reason I am always pulling for Becton and I truly hope he can stay healthy and turn this around.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1