Trade for Hopkins

Trade talks surrounding the Cardinals wideout are expected to intensify with NFL free agency right around the corner. According to NFL reporter Mike Jurecki, Arizona is reportedly seeking a second-round pick and a conditional pick/player in any deal for the five-time Pro Bowler.

--------------

Hopkins' contract has two more seasons, although there is no guaranteed money. He is scheduled to make $19.5 million this season in salary and $14.9M in 2024. He has a salary cap number of $30.75M this season, although if he were to be traded the dead cap hit would be $22.6M.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

you don’t think anyone would offer a 4th rounder for DHop? He’s a 5 time all pro and is 30. I’ll gladly ship them a 2nd rounder

Aaron rodgers is probably being traded for a 2nd...

Most teams don't want his contract and he probably will only want to play for a contender, not many contenders have the money to pay him...

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Trade talks surrounding the Cardinals wideout are expected to intensify with NFL free agency right around the corner. According to NFL reporter Mike Jurecki, Arizona is reportedly seeking a second-round pick and a conditional pick/player in any deal for the five-time Pro Bowler.

--------------

Hopkins' contract has two more seasons, although there is no guaranteed money. He is scheduled to make $19.5 million this season in salary and $14.9M in 2024. He has a salary cap number of $30.75M this season, although if he were to be traded the dead cap hit would be $22.6M.

I would assume they will attempt to hold off until after June 1.  They can save an additional 11 million.

My Expectation is a trade agreement but official June 2nd.

9 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

--------------

Pass. 

8 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

No thanks. How many games has he missed due to injury/PEDs past 2 years?

And when he was on the field, he just didn't look like the same guy from a few years back.

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Totally agree

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

13, 14, 15, 16. 18, 20 he played 16/16 games.  17 and 19 he played 15/16 games.  2021 he missed 6 to injury. last year was suspended for 8. 

still managed 64/717/3 in 9 games - which would put him as the 2nd best receiver on the jets last year.

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rodgers Breece GW DHop and Elijah? 

Top 5 defense?

see y’all at the parade 

“To be able to have a guy like Scherzer come in? I just started laughing,” Harper said. “I was like, ‘Where’s my ring?’ You know what I mean? It’s stupid. It’s absolutely stupid how good our staff is.

10 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

--------------

Seems pretty hefty for a player who hasn’t played a full season in three years and is approaching that magic age of 30.  His salary is too high for a guy who may only be part time.

14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

“To be able to have a guy like Scherzer come in? I just started laughing,” Harper said. “I was like, ‘Where’s my ring?’ You know what I mean? It’s stupid. It’s absolutely stupid how good our staff is.

The Nats did win a ring with Scherzer...Harper just bailed and didn't get one.