Jets release Berrios

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

umm why tf would we release two intrigual parts of our dline? The most successful part of our team was the DLine and you want to get rid of guys

Because lawson is not very good and very overpaid. Ditto JFM. I don’t think we release both. But 1 should go.  Didn’t we just draft a DE with 1 of our first round picks last year? 

If offered, why would he not restructure his contract.  He is in the last year of his deal with one of the best QB to ever play perceivedto be on his way in, especially one that utilized every receiver.  

He could have potentially sky rocketed his value.  

The bro bond is strong with this one, or intelligence is not a strong asset.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Because lawson is not very good and very overpaid. Ditto JFM. I don’t think we release both. But 1 should go.  Didn’t we just draft a DE with 1 of our first round picks last year? 

Lawson had 7 sacks coming off a major injury. I’m definitely keeping him and JFM too. Jets use a DLine rotation. Need as many bodies as possible

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I like to see Lawson in a year after his recovery, and JFM was coming on, stupid penalties aside… Don’t even say CJ Mosley, please

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lawson had a great end of the year and was coming off a injury that usually take 2 years to come back from.....highly doubt they cut him probably a restructure. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hawk said:

If offered, why would he not restructure his contract.  He is in the last year of his deal with one of the best QB to ever play perceivedto be on his way in, especially one that utilized every receiver.  

He could have potentially sky rocketed his value.  

Probably has his eye on San Fran to play with his boy CMac