Jump to content

There is a young MVP available but we are chasing the old MVP on the fringe of retirement


Facts

Recommended Posts

There is way too little Lamar Jackson talk on this forum.

This guy is an MVP that is still in his 20’s. He has never had an elite receiver and has still put up gaudy pass statistics. 

Yet we are chasing the guy who spends his offseason doing drugs and sitting in darkness tents, and is ready to collect social security.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jets Things said:

Stop. He's a more talented and less injured RGIII. Hard pass.

Why isn't he being offered Watson money by any team yet? BECAUSE HE'S A MORE TALENTED AND LESS INJURED RGIII AND EVERY TEAM KNOWS IT.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

And Rodgers is an almost 40 year old QB coming off of his worst season in ages, getting high on ayuahsca and causing drama in Green Bay for the last decade.

Why isn’t Rodgers being chased by more teams yet? Because he is  AN ALMOST 40 YEAR OLD QB COMING OFF OF HIS WORSR SEASON IN AGES, GETTING HIGH ON ATUAHSCA AND CAUSING DRAMA IN GREEN BAY FOR THE LAST DECADE.

Its also why cheeseheads want him gone.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

yup, no one is talking about lamar...

Nothing to do with the Jets. That’s general NFL news.

All of you are in on getting a geriatric QB coming off of his worst seasons in ages and paying out of the ass for him.

Doesnt really surprise me since you all also thought Zach was good.

  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Facts said:

Nothing to do with the Jets.
 

 

are you serious?  

did you even read the thread?

are did you just need to give your opinion, so you decided to start your own thread?

the thread argues the pros and cons of lamar.  i've made many posts highlighting why i wouldn't want him, be it for the jets (i'm a jets fan) or why other teams may think this way.  many others have made similar posts, and many have taken the counter-argument that lamar is worth the (expected) price.

it's a 14 page thread (and counting) on lamar.  do you really think anything incremental is added because you felt the need to give your opinion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jets Things said:

Age and drugs, got it. More recent MVP awards, better QB stats and less injury risk don't matter. Maybe you should try some ayahuasca for a less imbecilic paradigm shift.

Coming off his worst season in ages, fans and the organization can’t wait to get rid of, very few teams want him, and he is close to retirement.

You forgot all that.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Facts said:

Coming off his worst season in ages, fans and the organization can’t wait to get rid of, very few teams want him, and he is close to retirement.

You forgot all that.

gee, thanks for more original thoughts.  don't think any thread here covers these points...

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

 

are you serious?  

did you even read the thread?

are did you just need to give your opinion, so you decided to start your own thread?

the thread argues the pros and cons of lamar.  i've made many posts highlighting why i wouldn't want him, be it for the jets (i'm a jets fan) or why other teams may think this way.  many others have made similar posts, and many have taken the counter-argument that lamar is worth the (expected) price.

it's a 14 page thread (and counting) on lamar.  do you really think anything incremental is added because you felt the need to give your opinion?

If you’re going to be the thread police, at least get a badge.

Or maybe a flashing light. I think south park did an episode making fun of people like you.

Here you go: 

Flashing Lights Police GIF by Alex Sheyn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Facts said:

There is way too little Lamar Jackson talk on this forum.

This guy is an MVP that is still in his 20’s. He has never had an elite receiver and has still put up gaudy pass statistics. 

Yet we are chasing the guy who spends his offseason doing drugs and sitting in darkness tents, and is ready to collect social security.

I don't care what he does with his free time!  As long as he gives 100% on the field every game, that's all that matters and that is the history of Aaron Rodgers.  PLUS, it seems like the current Jet players want him on the team and that's all that matters here.  I didn't hear any players clamoring for Carr or anyone else except Aaron Fing Rodgers!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Facts said:

If you’re going to be the thread police, at least get a badge.

Or maybe a flashing light so we can all see how much of a loser you’re being.

Here you go: 

 

 

if you want to look like an ignoramus who doesn't know how to read another thread, then...well go on being yourself...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Facts said:

There is way too little Lamar Jackson talk on this forum.

This guy is an MVP that is still in his 20’s. He has never had an elite receiver and has still put up gaudy pass statistics. 

Yet we are chasing the guy who spends his offseason doing drugs and sitting in darkness tents, and is ready to collect social security.

WAS a MVP. And regardless of what JifLamar says he is CLEARLY declining and injury prone. What is worse is that he clearly declines during the season as well before ending up injured. Hard pass for me. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Facts said:

There is way too little Lamar Jackson talk on this forum.

This guy is an MVP that is still in his 20’s. He has never had an elite receiver and has still put up gaudy pass statistics. 

Yet we are chasing the guy who spends his offseason doing drugs and sitting in darkness tents, and is ready to collect social security.

Define gaudy PASSING statistics?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Rodgers 'worst season in ages' was far, far better than either of Lamar's last two seasons.

And he'd cost far less in actual and guaranteed money.

So other than that, was there anything to your point that was 'facts'?

Already written them. His own fans can’t wait to get rid of him. His own team can’t wait to get rid of him. Very few teams have any interest in him outside of the Jets. He hasn’t been able to win a SB in over a decade, even with elite offensive weapons. And he has contemplated retirement every year for the past few years.

Tnis is the guy people want to gets.

Its absurd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Facts said:

Coming off his worst season in ages, fans and the organization can’t wait to get rid of, very few teams want him, and he is close to retirement.

You forgot all that.

I don't care what GB fans think of Rodgers. LJ has missed 11 games in the past five years, five last year. Rodgers has missed none in the same timeframe. Seeing a trend here? I can explain it further, but I don't have any crayons on me.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Facts said:

Nothing to do with the Jets. That’s general NFL news.

All of you are in on getting a geriatric QB coming off of his worst seasons in ages and paying out of the ass for him.

Doesnt really surprise me since you all also thought Zach was good.

The point is to not pay out the ass for Rodgers, at least in terms of picks.  His contract isn’t horrible.  Sending multiple firsts and making Lamar the highest paid QB so he gets injured and plays 12 games a year is not my idea of a smart investment.  You are strapped to him without the financial ability to address the rest of your team for however long the length of his contract is.

Also I do not believe Saleh and Nathaniel Hackett are as capable of setting up an offense for him as John Harbaugh is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I have a badge.  And this thread *is* terrible.

This is what happens when mods bring their personal football opinions into their duties.

I have written plenty on why Lamar is a better choice than Rodgers.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...