Leadership Expectations of a Rodgers Led Jets Team

I believe Rodgers is the best FA Qb available. With that said, he’s bringing a LOT of baggage with him. Here is what I expect from him to earn that ridiculous contract.

* I expect him to assist with selling the team to potential FA acquisitions.

* I expect him to be at Voluntary OTAs & work with the young players (Zach) and help them get accustomed to the offense & excel.

* I expect him to not pout and point fingers during trying times and work with the press.

* Finally, and most importantly, I expect wins. Whatever it takes to win and get a PO birth.

image.thumb.png.d7202bc3e36fbbeaa0cb503b59cd693f.png
* I expect a 7-2 home record (3-0 in Div.)and a minimum 5-4 away record with a mandatory win over the Giants and sweep of Pats.

In life, Its not how you start but how you finish. Rodgers had a bad season last year, with a very selfish air about him. He needs to finish his career as a strong, team first player, making those around him better. If he does that, and wins games, he will have been worth the investment.

• Upvote 2

I believe Rodgers is the best FA Qb available. With that said, he’s bringing a LOT of baggage with him. Here is what I expect from him to earn that ridiculous contract.
* I expect him to be at Voluntary OTAs & work with the young players (Zach) and help them get accustomed to the offense & excel.
* I expect him to not pout and point fingers during trying times and work with the press.
* Finally, and most importantly, I expect wins. Whatever it takes to win and get a PO birth.
* I expect a 7-2 home record (3-0 in Div.)and a minimum 5-4 away record with a mandatory win over the Giants and sweep of Pats.
In life, Its not how you start but how you finish. Rodgers had a bad season last year, with a very selfish air about him. He needs to finish his career as a strong, team first player, making those around him better. If he does that, and wins games, he will have been worth the investment.
Glad you were not on that plane to SoCal

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I hope he'd be clear enough with his expectations of what WR's should to be doing, unlike MLF, that the guys in that room take a leap forward in their development. Not just production because they're playing with a better quarterback, but because they get the details of the position down and a ton of high quality reps. I don't think that's the kind of experience that can really be replicated in a different way. Obviously the goal would be winning games while he's playing, but longer term I think that WR room is where his tenure could really carry over future years. They bring that knowledge to a young quarterback, he's in a situation where he's playing with talent, etc.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

In your first point, I wish you had stopped at”assist with selling the team.”?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Gotta have Super Bowl on here. This whole thing is to take a big swing for it. These rookie contracts won’t last forever, eventually everyone has to get paid and the core will break up, now or never.

47 minutes ago, undertow said:

I think he should do the opposite of whatever you expect.

So… go 2-7 at home, get swept by the Pats, lose to the Giants, blow off voluntary OTA, not get involved in FA signings and have a contentious relationship with the press.

Got it! Good Advice.

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

This seems like something you need to be talking to Aaron about, not us. I’m sure he’d like to know what you expect from him before he makes a decision.

• Haha 2

He's a mercenary at this point.  He refused to help develop Love, he didnt show up to OTA's to develop chemistry w/ his rookie WR's and now he's holding 2 teams hostage as he plays attention whore diva games.  I wouldnt expect much leadership here.  He doesnt care about the Jets, he doesnt even care about the Packers.  lol 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

36 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This seems like something you need to be talking to Aaron about, not us. I’m sure he’d like to know what you expect from him before he makes a decision.

The same advice you offer, I offer to you. Maybe you keep your bedtime stories to yourself.

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think you expect too much.

Here is what I expect:  AR to be much better and more productive playing QB for 17 Sundays of the 2023 season.

Beyond that, at least right now, I don't give much of a sh*t.

You know with AR you're getting a guy whose gonna dog it in camp and not mentor any backup or third string QB's.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The same advice you offer, I offer to you. Maybe you keep your bedtime stories to yourself.

Although I appreciate the effort you put in to find that thread, I need some help here.
I’m not seeing the connection between those two posts. (other than I hurt your feelings, so you overreacted? If so, I apologize.)

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That was a bad season? Admittedly I don’t keep up with the packers or any Rodgers press. I just see a qb that can perform at a very high level for the jets and better than any qb the jets have had since Favre. If he comes on board everyone should have some pretty high expectations but football can be pretty strange. Who can remember when the jets started out 10-0 back in 86 and didn’t win another game? Or how about when they went into the 82 season fresh off a trip to the afc championship game and finished badly. Things happen.  The big thing will be for the jets as a team to continue to play at a high level, regardless of who the qb is.

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

He's a mercenary at this point.  He refused to help develop Love, he didnt show up to OTA's to develop chemistry w/ his rookie WR's and now he's holding 2 teams hostage as he plays attention whore diva games.  I wouldnt expect much leadership here.  He doesnt care about the Jets, he doesnt even care about the Packers.  lol 

He did?

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Although I appreciate the effort you put in to find that thread, I need some help here.
I’m not seeing the connection between those two posts. (other than I hurt your feelings, so you overreacted? If so, I apologize.)

Having read your posts over time, I found it amusing that you tell someone to keep their opinions to themselves on a message board. Especially when you give us your opinions on everything from bedtime stories to Aaron Rodgers. The hypocrisy was the point I was making.

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Having read your posts over time, I found it amusing that you tell someone to keep their opinions to themselves on a message board. Especially when you give us your opinions on everything from bedtime stories to Aaron Rodgers. The hypocrisy was the point I was making.

I don’t remember telling you to keep your opinion to yourself, I was joking about the “I expect” beginning of each bullet point.
whatever, I’m not looking to argue with you, and again… Sorry my post upset you so much. It wasn’t my intent.

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He expects way too much. 

I expect to look forward to every game A-Rod is the Jet QB! I expect to easily delude myself into believing we have a shot every Sunday before the game and any time we are down within two touchdowns. I expect to be able to convince myself we will win every time A-Rod launched a Hail Mary! Haha, I really do. 

I expect none of our receivers asked to be traded during the season,  I expect  the line to all of a sudden mysteriously gel. I expect Sauce to go back on his word, pick Arod off in practice and then burn the ball in his burn pit as an apology! Beyond that I’m good. 

Basically where I am at. I’d like a functional, competent, professional offense that doesn’t scare the crap out of me every time it takes the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t remember telling you to keep your opinion to yourself, I was joking about the “I expect” beginning of each bullet point.
whatever, I’m not looking to argue with you, and again… Sorry my post upset you so much. It wasn’t my intent.

LOL. People can comment on your posts without being angered by your words. You keep trying to paint the picture of my being upset by you. You give yourself too much credit.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He did?

He said something along the lines of he's just another back up but he has good relationships w/ his back ups blah blah blah and then he played injured last year instead of letting Love come in so he probably hates his guts maybe, idk, it sounds good for my case that he's not going to be a leader and/or try to develop Zach.  That's not his job, his job is to win the Jets a Super Bowl, if he still wants to play Football. 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

LOL. People can comment on your posts without being angered by your words. You keep trying to paint the picture of my being upset by you. You give yourself too much credit.

Am I really? You’re putting an awful lot of effort into this for someone who isn’t upset.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I think you expect too much.

Here is what I expect:  AR to be much better and more productive playing QB for 17 Sundays of the 2023 season.

Beyond that, at least right now, I don't give much of a sh*t.

You know with AR you're getting a guy who’s gonna dog it in camp and not mentor any backup or third string QB's.

Better and more productive” is more of a personal goal. Wins are more of a team collaboration. If you want to see a Jets playoff game next season, Rodgers will need to do more than play better. He needs to lead and get his teammates to “buy in”. Lord knows our coaching staff has not done that well.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Basically where I am at. I’d like a functional, competent, professional offense that doesn’t scare the crap out of me every time it takes the field.

a solid baseline. But if and when Rodgers lands here, that expectation is going higher.  Come on.  Admit it.

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

What's his baggage?

Just now, Dcat said:

a solid baseline. But if and when Rodgers lands here, that expectation is going higher.  Come on.  Admit it.

Honestly? Not for me. I prefer to preserve upside rather than downside surprise with this team at this point.