My annual NFL draft spreasheet primer is available...

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My annual draft spreadsheet is now available for whoever wants it.

Some Features:

- List of over 600 draft eligible players, ranked via an average of various web site rankings.

- Mock draft sheet with a full list of the draft order.

- Some basic team statistical team rankings from 2022 (so you can see what areas teams were strong or weak in.)

- Full list of NFL combine participants and results.

- List of number of picks per team.

- There are a few simple macros that are used to easily move around filter data.  You do not have to use these if you are anti macro.  You can still get all the data just by moving around from sheet tab to sheet tab manually.

(Of course some data may change between now and the draft as draft pick trades occur.  For example we do not know the compensation for Aaron Rodgers yet so that is not reflected in this sheet as of now.)

The link to the sheet is below.  Just download it from the Google drive if you are interested in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NEosinTlErbPN8IYUsHdbXs17XtI2opG/view?usp=share_link

Seems like a hell of alot of effort, wow.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My annual draft spreadsheet is now available for whoever wants it.

Some Features:

- List of over 600 draft eligible players, ranked via an average of various web site rankings.

- Mock draft sheet with a full list of the draft order.

- Some basic team statistical team rankings from 2022 (so you can see what areas teams were strong or weak in.)

- Full list of NFL combine participants and results.

- List of number of picks per team.

- There are a few simple macros that are used to easily move around filter data.  You do not have to use these if you are anti macro.  You can still get all the data just by moving around from sheet tab to sheet tab manually.

(Of course some data may change between now and the draft as draft pick trades occur.  For example we do not know the compensation for Aaron Rodgers yet so that is not reflected in this sheet as of now.)

The link to the sheet is below.  Just download it from the Google drive if you are interested in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NEosinTlErbPN8IYUsHdbXs17XtI2opG/view?usp=share_link

Wow… some of the rankings are crazy! If the draft follows your spreadsheet Richardson and #1 CB are right in our laps. We could trade back 3/4 picks and get a T

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Seems like a hell of alot of effort, wow.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I've been doing it for many years now so it's not that bad.

12 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Thank you for the work you put in, this is really cool!

@Beerfish's work with this is the foundation of our annual mock draft.  Without this, the darned thing would be so different and for the worse.  Many thanks!!!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beefish ought to monetize this effort somehow; I can't imagine there being a better mock draft tool out there than this.

there are some highly complex spreadsheets that include salaries, existing players and are used for "total" mock drafts including future pick trades & existing player trades.    Very detailed and much more intense.  Since we don't include existing players, salary cap, or future pick trades, it's more on the simple side.  But certainly, IMO, the best option.  If you want to see the other complex "total control" full mocks spreadsheets, go to 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/9-gm-mock-drafts/

here's one of the spreadsheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0DTKtokYgFcaSJUvb8Qhbh7ETBACXTmVgjOuP2mcd8/edit?usp=sharing

And whoever it is who is GM'ing the Jets on the spreadsheet above selected Branch, a CB, with our 1st rounder.   So that proves that a more intense, complex mock draft structure doesn't change the results when the GM is a dope.  :)

so far, here's what he's picked for the Jets in rds 1-4:
Brian Branch, CB, ALA,  Jack Campbell ILB, IA, Hooker, QB, TENN, Andre Carter, EDGE, Army.

I like the Hooker pick actually,

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beefish ought to monetize this effort somehow; I can't imagine there being a better mock draft tool out there than this.

Lot's of stuff out there, certainly many mock draft creators these days.  I will say I was making the mock draft creator part years before i ever saw a mock draft creator on line.

I'm sure there are better resources out there.

I mainly still do this so that the jetnation mock draft guys have a resource to help them.