What Is The Expectation For The Rodgers Jets ???

This year the absolute bare minimum is the playoffs if not a playoff win. Reality though is that they are shooting for the SB this year and next which is a fair expectation. It's a tough road off course as there are a lot of talented teams, but the Jets are also talented and may now have a top tier QB for a year or two. Once you have a QB like that anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

This Jets team when healthy went 5-1 with Zach Wilson under center. If it stays healthy I expect dominance, if not I still expect at least a playoff win if not more. Otherwise the trade was a bunch of crap.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

What is going to be the expectation for the Rodgers Jets ???

Any outcome that does not include playoffs is a total failure and a sure bet that JD and RS get walking papers. 

agreed.

but if they dont make the playoffs JD and Saleh survive. i doubt very much Rodgers will want to change the regime on his last year.

if Farve came back for another year i doubt Mangini gets fired. 

and if that did happen Rodgers would pick the next HC and GM. probably pick his buddy Hackett.

no thanks. 

36 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

KC is still the top team. Rodgers puts the Jets in that next tier with Buffalo and Cincy. There’s a playoff mandate for sure. My expectation is

Floor: Playoffs

Realistic: one playoff win

ceiling: AFCC game

There is nothing dumber than a playoff mandate. What does it even mean?  What if the Jets want to bring Rodgers back in 2024?   You really think that the Jets will fire Saleh and JD if they don't make the playoffs in 2023?  What if Rodgers gets hurt in 2023?  Still a playoff mandate?  What if the Jets win 11 games and still miss the playoffs because two AFC divisions are crap and the AFC East has 4 teams with 9 or more wins and the Jets just miss out on a WC because of tie breakers?   What if  the OL is terrible again because there is no cap space to improve it and the tackles are injured again? I could go on and on.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is nothing dumber than a playoff mandate. What does it even mean?  What if the Jets want to bring Rodgers back in 2024?   You really think that the Jets will fire Saleh and JD if they don't make the playoffs in 2023?  What if Rodgers gets hurt in 2023?  Still a playoff mandate?  What if the Jets win 11 games and still miss the playoffs because two AFC divisions are crap and the AFC East has 4 teams with 9 or more wins and the Jets just miss out on a WC because of tie breakers?   What if  the OL is terrible again because there is no cap space to improve it and the tackles are injured again? I could go on and on.  

If Jets don't make the playoffs Rodgers won't be coming back. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

agreed.

but if they dont make the playoffs JD and Saleh survive. i doubt very much Rodgers will want to change the regime on his last year.

if Farve came back for another year i doubt Mangini gets fired. 

and if that did happen Rodgers would pick the next HC and GM. probably pick his buddy Hackett.

no thanks. 

if they don't make the playoffs my guess is he retires and the coaches/gm get fired.

• Upvote 1

Just now, section314 said:

Well, there is precedence for this with Woody. The last QB he forced down the throats of his GM/HC he did fire Mangini, but Mr. T survived.

i guess if whoever he drafts at 13 turns into all pro year one he probably gets a pass.   but probably not.

6 years and no playoffs is hard to overcome

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

If Jets don't make the playoffs Rodgers won't be coming back. 

So the Jets just traded for the 2023 version of Favre?  Rodgers will come here and expectations will be through the roof. The Jets will start off 7-2 and then Rodgers will get hurt.  The Jets will finish 9-8 and miss the playoffs.  Then the Jets will clean house and grant Rodgers his release so he can play somewhere else in 2024.  Great deal and move.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So the Jets just traded for the 2023 version of Favre?  Rodgers will come here and expectations will be through the roof. The Jets will start off 7-2 and then Rodgers will get hurt.  The Jets will finish 9-8 and miss the playoffs.  Then the Jets will clean house and grant Rodgers his release so he can play somewhere else in 2024.  Great deal and move.

What was your solution at qb? It's 2023 not 2024. Worry s out 2024 when it comes around. 

14 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What was your solution at qb? It's 2023 not 2024. Worry s out 2024 when it comes around. 

I am just vehemently opposed to "playoff mandates."  I also think year-to -year planning without regard to the future is counterproductive, particularly when the Jets have gone to great lengths to build a strong, young roster. This is not a win-now team, despite what many here are saying.  It can and should be a win for a number of years team if they play this right, though.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So, you are saying that we will make the AFC Championship in 2024 and 2025?

I believe there was a recent thread regarding inane “expectations.” 

So, that being said, Rogers—if he signs— is about to understand what real pain is so the expectations for the Jets should just be, “make it to game 17 without getting too many people killed.” 

• Haha 1