If/When Rodgers To Jets Confirmed: What Does It Mean For Zach's Future With The Jets?

You know that Rodgers and Jets have already discussed this...

You know Rodgers was OK with letting Mike White walk, or thsy would have found a way to keep him...

Where does A Rod come down on the Zach question?...

Is Zach a good enough option as a backup on a team with playoff aspirations?...

Is this "relationship" thing they may have all just BS?...

Is Zach done with the Jets?...

I believe Rogers is a good dude and will at the very least show Zach the habits of an absolute superstar and most likely help him quite a lot on his game, if it's possible for him to actually improve.

If the team still has ANY hope that Zach can come back from this horrid start of his career while still being a Jet, I could not possibly think of a better situation for him to be in than have an older superstar QB to mentor him at least somewhat.  He's going to be in the room.

ZW is guaranteed through four years so barring a trade there is no option but keeping him. The Jets have the second pick and a guaranteed contract sunk into him, so he's a backup QB through the contract that they hope to turn around with time on the bench. If he turns around, the team can consider elevating him or trading him after Rodgers departs. If he sucks, the team lets him go and hopes for a comp pick. 

The future of the QB position will be illustrated by whether JD brings in another QB as backup and where that player comes from. Assuming of course Rodgers happens.

20 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

Zach will be in year 5 if Rodgers plays 2 years.. he will not be offered a 5th year option.. so… unless he comes back for nothing.. see ya

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

i hate to say this but they will give him that option and give him the 2025 season. its either that or draft someone in rd 2-3 which wont be a top tier prospect.

In my fantasy world, Rodgers will become the perfect mentor for back-up QB Zach Wilson. Zach will take over for a couple of games when Rodgers gets nicked up and lead the Jets to a couple of crucial wins in the ‘23 season.  The fans will be roaring in support and his teammates and coach will insist he gets a game ball.  Zach, game ball in hand, will be in tears in the locker room with resolve and confidence restored.  Rodgers heals quickly and leads the Jets to a Super Bowl win and retires.  A statue of Rodgers is put up outside of MetLife.  Zach takes the QB reigns from there, leading the Jets to several winning seasons and another Super Bowl win in 2026.  
His statue is planned to be placed next to Rodgers.  ?

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Is your take that they are stupid or insane? 

my take is that they would rather see if Zach figured it out on last time then give the team to some 3rd rd pick cause it wont be a 1st and were going to lose the 2nd rd in the trade.

you got to figure were going to suck in 2025 without Rodgers and about a 53 mil cap hit from him. 60 the next year. why not give him one more shot and then if he sucks draft his replacement in 2026.

oh and if Sam plays well in SF some people are going to have 2nd thoughts about dumping a QB too soon. that will just about guarantee Zach gets another shot.

48 minutes ago, doitny said:

my take is that they would rather see if Zach figured it out on last time then give the team to some 3rd rd pick cause it wont be a 1st and were going to lose the 2nd rd in the trade.

you got to figure were going to suck in 2025 without Rodgers and about a 53 mil cap hit from him. 60 the next year. why not give him one more shot and then if he sucks draft his replacement in 2026.

oh and if Sam plays well in SF some people are going to have 2nd thoughts about dumping a QB too soon. that will just about guarantee Zach gets another shot.

I also would rather find out if Zach figured it out.  OTOH I am not stupid enough to pay $20-25M to find out. 

• Upvote 1