Cleveland Browns rumored to have interest in trading for New York Jets WR Elijah Moore

Bronx

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I think Lazard is a downgrade, talent and potential-wise, from Moore, personally.

I get wanting to make AR happy, and if he's the guy, I'm supportive of that.

But it's an iffy decision IMO.

And yes, I get that Jet Fandom has (in large part) turned on Moore as a heel now, so I'm sure many will be happy to see him gone.

I don’t see where Lazard supplants Moore. I think Lazard supplants Davis. Moore has shown some good talent. Now that milfy is gone maybe he gets plays called for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Interesting the fanbase seems so keen to move on from Moore. As irritated as I was with. His antics last year I still think he’s good.

Agreed. I'd like to see what he can do here with a new coordinator and quarterback.

Probably would remember the antics come contract time and look to deal him away rather than lockup long term. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Interesting the fanbase seems so keen to move on from Moore. As irritated as I was with. His antics last year I still think he’s good.

I agree with you.  I would like to see what he can do with a guy like Rodgers.  As others have said, Lazard seem more like a potential replacement for Davis/Mims.  If we trade Moore, we create another hole on the offense while only freeing up $1.5M cap space this year and $3.4M over two years.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

No we finally got rid of that dork Berrios now plant Elijah in the slot and throw him the ball. He’s a good player on a rookie deal keep him and see if this staff can develop him further 

Yes.  Having no Berrios is great for Moore, who is very talented despite the angry knuckleheads here.  Much rather send Corey Davis packing.  (Not a huge Lazard fan, but tbh, that is based on FF disappointment with him. Seriously. Seriously dumb, I know.)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

I agree with you.  I would like to see what he can do with a guy like Rodgers.  As others have said, Lazard seem more like a potential replacement for Davis/Mims.  If we trade Moore, we create another hole on the offense while only freeing up $1.5M cap space this year and $3.4M over two years.

Moore seems like a pretty good slot wr with limitations downfield.  Plus is he really the guy the jets are going to reward with a big contract extension in 2 yrs?  Doubt it.  Problem is, decent wrs are hard to find and the jets rarely do this anyway.  

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Also, the Browns because of Watson trade, have no 1st. Their top two picks are #42, one spot ahead of us in2nd, and pick #98, a late 3rd rounder. No way they give us 42, and doubt we would take 98.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Head aches will always be head aches.

and he's doesn't carry enough upside for the distraction he's likely to cause.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So two bad decisions instead of one.  

I wonder if they're also concerned that Moore will be even moodier (or anyway, at least as moody) after the team signs another starting WR who's been spending 40% of his time in the slot.

In practice it'd be a swap for Corey Davis, of course, but it's anyone's guess how Moore will take a new signing a year after going WR in the top 10. 

On paper, though, of course the WR corps is better with him on it than an unknown (and I've no idea what a Browns "interest" means in terms of a trade offer anyway). 

Yeah I just don't see the point.  If his max value is a 2nd it just doesn't seem worth it.  He slots in pretty nicely as a #3 slot receiver next year.  Wilson as the 1 and Lazard as the 2.  Even if we bring in Cobb, I'd see him more as a Berrios replacement.  Maybe a Charlie Jones type later in the draft instead.  Either way, we'd be foolish not to see what Moore can do with Rodgers at QB behind an improved OL.  Even if you hate the guy, give him a year in that offense and then sell him when you could potentially get a 1st if he has a big season.  Worst case with Rodgers I don't see his value dropping from where it is right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Moore is young and handled the situation last year poorly. That immaturity has nothing to do with his talent. This is a very talented young man who was forced to play with a very subpar QB.
All one has to do is look at the tape to see how many times he was open and never got the ball. An remember, he does some of his best work after he catches the ball. Don’t let a stupid choice on how to handle ones frustration, allow a very good player to get away. I predict by the end of next season with great QB play, Moore will become a loved Jet player by the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I wonder if they're also concerned that Moore will be even moodier (or anyway, at least as moody) after the team signs another starting WR who's been spending 40% of his time in the slot.

They'd be crazy not to take that question up with Moore this offseason, aye.

The biggest concern with him is in his head, not his talent on the field.

In practice it'd be a swap for Corey Davis, of course, but it's anyone's guess how Moore will take a new signing a year after going WR in the top 10.

Indeed.  I think the "rising tide will raise all ships, you're still a starter" argument would carry the day though.

Wilson/Moore/Lazard would be your starting 3, adding Mims (or Thielen, if they go all-in on Vets, perhaps) as the 4th WR.

Wilson/Moore/Lazard/Thielen > Davis/Wilson/Berrios/Moore, IMO of course.

On paper, though, of course the WR corps is better with him on it than an unknown (and I've no idea what a Browns "interest" means in terms of a trade offer anyway). 

+1

• Upvote 1

Moore is good as gone if we sign Lazard, Thielen, and Cobb. I would think the Jets would fight for a 2nd round pick, but settle for a 3rd and a conditional 2024 pick.

More likely: sign Lazard to replace Davis, Cobb to replace Berrios. Wilson-Lazard-Moore-Mims-Cobb would be our primary 5 receivers

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Head aches will always be head aches.

and he's doesn't carry enough upside for the distraction he's likely to cause.

Sometimes they are and sometimes there's a fast turnaround.  I want to give Moore a shot.  Still on rookie contract and was solid+ in yr 1  with questionable QB.  Just how "likely" is he to cause distraction with a new offense that actually features him?  And I'm surprised that you don't see a pretty nice upside from what we saw in 2021.  There is talent there. 

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Moore is good as gone if we sign Lazard, Thielen, and Cobb. I would think the Jets would fight for a 2nd round pick, but settle for a 3rd and a conditional 2024 pick.

More likely: sign Lazard to replace Davis, Cobb to replace Berrios. Wilson-Lazard-Moore-Mims-Cobb would be our primary 5 receivers

I dont get the Thielen love.  Last 3 years he averages about 800 yards a season, there are a lot of guys that can do that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What exactly would be the point of this? If the Jets are going all in with Rodgers, and Moore's value is at its lowest, and if in some way they can get a solid year out of him, it comes on the cheap.

Yep- JD prefers to sell at highs, not at the low.

Unless Moore is a downright cancer, then we should keep him unless a trade is too good to pass up.

Fans forget that Moore wasn’t the only WR visibly frustrated last year.  I saw Garrett and Denzel openly showing up their QB in games.

Moore was frustrated with both the QB AND clueless OC who had no idea how to use him properly.  

Hopefully they’ve all grown up.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Sometimes they are and sometimes there's a fast turnaround.  I want to give Moore a shot.  Still on rookie contract and was solid+ in yr 1  with questionable QB.  Just how "likely" is he to cause distraction with a new offense that actually features him?  And I'm surprised that you don't see a pretty nice upside from what we saw in 2021.  There is talent there. 

You may be right and he settles down and becomes a team player.  

But, I don't see him being featured.  Let's say we get Lazard or some equivalent legitimate outside WR.  Moore is WR 3 and is simply not going to get the targets he'll demand.

This isn't some super star - this was a second year guy, who was injured much of his first,  on a 6-3 team, that had just tore off 5 wins in a row - when he decided his issues needed to be aired publicly because he wasn't being featured.

That type of myopic view is very tough to accept.  

I loved him out of college and was fun to see how good he could be in his first year - but if the Jets can get a 3rd for him - take it and run, let him be someone else's problem.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What exactly would be the point of this? If the Jets are going all in with Rodgers, and Moore's value is at its lowest, and if in some way they can get a solid year out of him, it comes on the cheap.

Exactly. We are allowed to carry more than 2 WRs, I know if Saleh and all former jets Defensive minded HCs would probably rather carry 5 safeties instead. 

• WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, football guy said:

sh*t that’s a dumb plan 

• WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I dont get the Thielen love.  Last 3 years he averages about 800 yards a season, there are a lot of guys that can do that.

I mean if you're going to pay him what "a lot of guys can do that" value - then might as well bring him in if that's what Rodgers wants.

If you're paying a premium for him - then that's a problem.

• Upvote 1

Again, there's plenty of speculation out there about Thielen and Odell wanting to play with Rodgers. The Jets are committed to Rodgers and if he wants a particular player to join, I can't see the Jets saying no. I don't see how they can bring back Moore as a potential 4th receiver considering what happened last year... it also doesn't do much for us if he's buried on the depth chart for the remainder of his rookie deal. 

Long-term, they know they have Wilson. If they add Lazard and Thielen/Odell, you figure that group would be here for 2-3 years. When those contracts are up, Wilson will be ready for a new contract. In the meantime, the Jets can draft/develop eventual replacements, or just acquire new receivers to pair with Wilson in 2025-26... I don't know how likely it is but that's where this is headed if we sign Lazard + Thielen/OBJ

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, football guy said:

Could be a swap of our 3rd for their 2nd or something like that. Maybe another pick thrown in, but I don't see us getting their 2nd straight-up. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

After the stunt he pulled last year, I believe the team would dump him in a heartbeat if they could get the right value.

Problem is he is not worth much as he was awful last year.

You know, at the time that seemed true. But after learning how incompetent LaFleur was off the field, and with Saleh protecting him at every turn I am now more inclined to believe the outbursts were somewhat justified. I will say this again: LaFleur was the worst OC that the Jets have ever had and that is saying a LOT.

Prefer not to trade Moore. At least a 2nd if we do. He did not overnight lose his ability

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

Again, there's plenty of speculation out there about Thielen and Odell wanting to play with Rodgers. The Jets are committed to Rodgers and if he wants a particular player to join, I can't see the Jets saying no. I don't see how they can bring back Moore as a potential 4th receiver considering what happened last year... it also doesn't do much for us if he's buried on the depth chart for the remainder of his rookie deal. 

Long-term, they know they have Wilson. If they add Lazard and Thielen/Odell, you figure that group would be here for 2-3 years. When those contracts are up, Wilson will be ready for a new contract. In the meantime, the Jets can draft/develop eventual replacements, or just acquire new receivers to pair with Wilson in 2025-26... I don't know how likely it is but that's where this is headed if we sign Lazard + Thielen/OBJ

@football guy watch Douglas fleece browns for 2nd .. they supposedly want Moore . 

• Upvote 1