Cleveland Browns rumored to have interest in trading for New York Jets WR Elijah Moore

Bronx

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Bringing in Rodgers will be a disaster.  Bringing in Rodgers and letting him run the franchise will be even worse.

Stay away from all of this Joe D.  It is going to cost you your job!

Woody will fire him either way.  

Have to look at it from the FO side on this and understand the facts.

Moore requested a trade last year. Now we came to find out that it had a lot ot do with MLF. Not so much us as an organization and such. But that he did in fact want out. Mainly bc he wasn't getting used and such.

Now we have a budding WR star in GW who should command most the targets. Lazard who's a nice #2 and if we add Cobb... likely a guy that will eat into Moore's snaps.

So he very well might not get the targets he thinks he deserves and once again will request a trade.

And this isn't a guy that doesn't care as long as we're winning. He requested his trade last year when we were winning. So it's about him, not the team.

Listen I have a Moore jersey bc I thought he'd be legit. And from a pure talent aspect he is. But this Me 1st attitude on a team that is likely trying to win a SB. Won't fly.

So unless the staff and FO feels he had a massive change of attitude and heart after that request and us firing MLF. I don't blame them if they look into trading him. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, football guy said:

There is no scenario where Cobb would come in and replace Moore. He'll replace Berrios as a sub-package player/backup slot receiver/punt returner. 

Moore would likely be traded if we wound up with one of Thielen/OBJ in addition to Lazard and Cobb. 

What if Moore struggles to grasp the system?

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bringing in Rodgers will be a disaster.  Bringing in Rodgers and letting him run the franchise will be even worse.

Yes let's go into the season with jacoby brissett

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think of all the horrible takes this is by far the worst... In no way does bringing in a 4 time MVP QB ruin a franchise. Period stop... Sure he could regress an be bad, but its better then all the other QBs the Jets have had in at least 10 years. 

Does he mess up future cap... probably not the way JD is a magician at structuring contracts.

getting rid of Davis on his last year for a Lazard, whether its a downgrade or not at least Lazard doesn't drop crucial balls. 

So how is Aaron going to ruin this franchise if he comes here? Huh?

bringing Cobb on a 1 year deal?

Getting FAs to come in on cheaper deals because they want to play with a HOF QB on his last hurrah?

Letting Zach Wilson sit behind and actually learn from a good QB?

Where is this major downside that you are crying about?

7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Are we forgetting about Mims? he is going to thrive.

Mims offers a different skill set. He likely doesn't get a "ton" of PT if we add Lazard and Cobb and still have Moore (or Thielen/OBJ). But he is that 1st option if an outside WR goes down. 

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

No we finally got rid of that dork Berrios now plant Elijah in the slot and throw him the ball. He’s a good player on a rookie deal keep him and see if this staff can develop him further 

This is exactly the type of parlance that keeps me coming back to this site.  Your only making yourself sound like a complete douche.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is exactly the type of parlance that keeps me coming back to this site.  Your only making yourself sound like a complete douche.

I know it’s tough but I think you’ll get through it if you try 

Not sure why people think the Jets are going to sell cheap on Moore.  I am sure they don't like his attitude, but still.  They held Mims and made him stay and play off the bench and he had proven less on the field and had less right to gripe. They can do the same with Moore.  If the compensation is good, fine.  If not hold him.  A 2nd?  Sure.  A 4th? Nope.  A 3rd?  Maybe.