Lamar Jackson confirms Ravens offer from last season

AFJF

So Lamar tweeted out that the Ravens offered him a 3 year deal fully guaranteed at $44 million per season.

This tells us two things.

1) The Ravens absolutely love him and are willing to guarantee him an insane amount of money

and

2) They're worried about the injuries so they're not offering 5+ years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

nuts that he turned down (apparently 200MM) a huge guarantee.   

wonder if he sits out and doesn't play on the tag.

the whole agent thing is all about saving face now.   not sure what it gets him but it's his decision to make.

Thank you...IMO...

This is nuts............... 130 Million guaranteed is not CRAZY or an INSULT!!!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

nuts that he turned down (apparently 200MM) a huge guarantee.   

wonder if he sits out and doesn't play on the tag.

the whole agent thing is all about saving face now.   not sure what it gets him but it's his decision to make.

He didn't turn down 200 million. He just called Schefter out for lying about that

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Looking at this list, I could see why Lamar wouldn't jump to take it.

Screenshot_20230314-135857.png

Yeah, but in 3 years he can go sign another contract with more in guarentees. I usually agree with the players in disputes like this but Lamar Jackson is crazy for not taking that deal, unless he feels the injuries are piling up too.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, undertow said:

He wants a five year guaranteed contract we know this

Balt. should offer him a 3 year contract, entirely performance/availability based.

If he's not willing to bet his own money on his health and availability, why should anyone else?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Balt. should offer him a 3 year contract, entirely performance/availability based.

If he's not willing to bet his own money on his health and availability, why should anyone else?

I wouldn't guarantee him a 250 mil contract I was just saying his demands have been public for awhile.....he is operating as if Watson has set a new market and everyone else besides Jackson and the sports media are saying nah we're good.

This is where Lamar needs an agent, he's got it backward.  He's bragging about getting an offer he didnt accept?  Negotiating a number is only part of the equation, so much more goes into it and now he has nobody to do all the back door work w/ other team if he's really just trying to get away from Balt., which is very much seems to be the case at this point.

• Upvote 1

Kirk Cousins 5 years ago signed a fully gtd 3 year deal for $28/year.

Cousins contract as a % of cap: 16%
Lamar offer as a % of cap: 20%

A comparable % for Cousins today would mean $36/year.

Lamar is significantly better than Cousins was at the time. Still is a lot better.

It’s not a bad offer by Baltimore. But I could see why Lamar hasn't signed it.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

did he really call him out though?  he confirmed the 3 year 133MM number but did not address the springing guarantees that could have brought it to $200MM.

Yes he did. He replied to the Schefter tweet with a guy wearing a large hat.

That was basically his way of saying "that's cap" Cap = Lie

So yes, Lamar did call him out.

• WTF? 1

40 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, but in 3 years he can go sign another contract with more in guarentees. I usually agree with the players in disputes like this but Lamar Jackson is crazy for not taking that deal, unless he feels the injuries are piling up too.  

actually 2 years because he played/was going to play under the 5th year price.

So $133MM over 3 years.  instead he's gotten $23MM last year.  

Be interesting to see what he gets, I doubt he gets $110MM over the next two years and even if he does - he won't be in line for another contract.

Just now, King P said:

Yes he did. He replied to the Schefter tweet with a guy wearing a large hat.

That was basically his way of saying "that's cap" Cap = Lie

So yes, Lamar did call him out.

what exactly did he call him out on?  you can wear a cap or whatever you want.

he just confirmed the 3/133 number in the article.  he ignored the other piece.

58 minutes ago, King P said:

Looking at this list, I could see why Lamar wouldn't jump to take it.

Screenshot_20230314-135857.png

I think (could be wrong) Lamar turned down that offer last season BEFORE Watson/Kyler contracts. I think he'd have been highest paid at that time. But now he sees Watson's mega deal, feels he's better than Watson, so wants Watson +++ money.

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

I think (could be wrong) Lamar turned down that offer last season BEFORE Watson/Kyler contracts. I think he'd have been highest paid at that time. But now he sees Watson's mega deal, feels he's better than Watson, so wants Watson +++ money.

And he is better than Watson and Murray so it checks out

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what exactly did he call him out on?  you can wear a cap or whatever you want.

he just confirmed the 3/133 number in the article.  he ignored the other piece.

Look at the first tweet. Adam Schefter said Lamar turned down a 200 million dollar guaranteed contract. And Lamar responded by saying "cap"

Meaning he's calling him out on his tweet, saying that it's not true. Which is why he responded with what Baltimore actually offered him, hence the 3 year 133 million guaranteed tweet

• Upvote 1

Lamar is being used by the PA.  He or his mom are supposedly getting advice and meeting a lot with the PA who have a conflict of interest.  They want him to hold out for the max term and contract to make the watson deal look like the new standard.  However they have no stake in the conflict as the team and the players does. 

• Upvote 2