Waller to the Giants

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Can't stay healthy and the Raiders might be looking for a TE that is at least not a complete zero in the blocking game.

He'll be good for the GMEN when he's on the field, which won't be often.

This!!!  He's missed a ton of time over the past two years, looks like he's breaking down

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Turning Toney into Waller is actually a pretty good recovery from a bad draft pick and trade...if Waller can stay healthy he's a top 5 TE in the league.

Glass half empty - the Giants just traded for a soon to be 31 year old TE on the downslope of his career with major injury red flags and a huge contract.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Glass half empty - the Giants just traded for a soon to be 31 year old TE on the downslope of his career with major injury red flags and a huge contract.

Yikes I just checked his contract didn't know it was that bad....I also didn't know he was as old as he is thought he was a much younger player....he broke out much later in his career than I thought.

6 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yikes I just checked his contract didn't know it was that bad....I also didn't know he was as old as he is thought he was a much younger player....he broke out much later in his career than I thought.

He's had substance abuse issues he's overcome. Waller's a really good human interest story TBH, I am rooting for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Summoning Raideraholic to tell us why that 3rd round pick is guaranteed to put them over the top in 2023.

Don’t like it but understand why they made the move.   The last two years he seems more interested in his music career than his football career.   This is a new staff /fo and can’t miss as much time as he has.( on wrong side of thirty too).       Wouldn’t surprise if Hunter Renfrow next .    Hunter Renfrow is at his best doing his thing , he exploded. When stop listening to Gruden .    J McDaniel wants a Wr that’s going to be  where he wants them.  Why Jacobi Meyer.    They should trade j Jacobs - paying a Rb on second contract is dumb especially when you carry six rbs on the roster but go with just one guy.

Raiders offense still going to be a very good offense , hopefully Jimmy G does better job in the redzone than the Raiders have done the last two years.     With this trade the Raiders have 12 draft choices .     With run on Qbs they are in position to come away with one of the top three Defensive players on the  defense line.  Most of those picks will be used on defense.   This draft is strong  at Cb, Rb and Te.         

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Don’t like it but understand why they made the move.   The last two years he seems more interested in his music career than his football career.   This is a new staff /fo and can’t miss as much time as he has.( on wrong side of thirty too).       Wouldn’t surprise if Hunter Renfrow next .    Hunter Renfrow is at his best doing his thing , he exploded. When stop listening to Gruden .    J McDaniel wants a Wr that’s going to be  where he wants them.  Why Jacobi Meyer.    They should trade j Jacobs - paying a Rb on second contract is dumb especially when you carry six rbs on the roster but go with just one guy.

Raiders offense still going to be a very good offense , hopefully Jimmy G does better job in the redzone than the Raiders have done the last two years.     With this trade the Raiders have 12 draft choices .     With run on Qbs they are in position to come away with one of the top three Defensive players on the  defense line.  Most of those picks will be used on defense.   This draft is strong  at Cb, Rb and Te.         

Damn, man.  That was as objective as you've been...ever.  I like this side of you.  

• Upvote 1