Craig Carton made me spit out my coffee in my car.

Ok, the dude is funny.

Someone called in and said Craig Carton should play QB for the Jets so they can tank for a high pick next season and get another QB in the draft. Craig responded that he was offended by this because he actually can throw a  football and the Jets can just play Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

If you are gonna listen to that scumbag you better be armed with something way stronger than coffee.

I normally don't  listen to sports radio but since all this Rogers stuff is happening,  I want to hear when he commits. I just wasn't  expecting anyone to make a Zach joke. Sad thing is starting Zach really would be tanking 

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I normally don't  listen to sports radio but since all this Rogers stuff is happening,  I want to hear when he commits. I just wasn't  expecting anyone to make a Zach joke. Sad thing is starting Zach really would be tanking 

When the team was healthy the offense carried Zach and the team was 5-1 with him starting. You can't really tank with this team, because you might go 6-11 after injuries happen but that isn't tanking.

16 minutes ago, Hex said:

When the team was healthy the offense carried Zach and the team was 5-1 with him starting. You can't really tank with this team, because you might go 6-11 after injuries happen but that isn't tanking.

Allowing Zach to throw a football is counterproductive to winning. There is no arguing this. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Viermoo said:

I can’t believe they gave the afternoon drive to that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Because nobody is driving anymore in the afternoon drive time post -COVID and nobody listens to that crap.  WFAN and all NY Sports Talk radio lost relevance 15 years ago.  I could not care less what Craig the convict Carton has to say about sports, or anything for that matter.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, looks like Zach still has a lot of support here. My bad. 

Nothing to do at all with supporting Zach. I think most of this board, myself included, hate Zach. He absolutely sucks. 

You started a thread to share something "spit out my coffee" funny and it happens that it wasn't remotely funny - which is on par with 98% of anything that has ever come out of Cartons mouth. You didn't get support for Zach, you got crickets. I'm glad you found it funny, it's good to laugh about this team. I'm sorry you didn't get the responses you were looking for. The "joke" just missed big with everyone commenting. You're reading something that isn't there bud. 

• Post of the Week 2

35 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Because nobody is driving anymore in the afternoon drive time post -COVID and nobody listens to that crap.  WFAN and all NY Sports Talk radio lost relevance 15 years ago.  I could not care less what Craig the convict Carton has to say about sports, or anything for that matter.  

The fact they are still putting money into telecasting something people won't even listen to while sitting in traffic astounds me.

4 hours ago, Hex said:

We had Hall then and ran a ton. Adam gase had to be a hero and win 2 meaningless games end of season in order to block us from drafting Trevor Lawrence. That was franchise dagger to heart for 2 decades

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We had Hall then and ran a ton. Adam gase had to be a hero and win 2 meaningless games end of season in order to block us from drafting Trevor Lawrence. That was franchise dagger to heart for 2 decades

More like Gase knew he was getting fired so gave the greatest FU he could give

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No.  People are just sick of posts about Wilson.  That horse is not only dead, there is nothing left to beat.  Move on already. Everybody else has, including the Jets. 

This was a passing joke. Maybe you didn't  like it but this wasn't  any kind of rant about JD spending the #2 pick on a QB that doesn't  belong in the NFL which is the kind of post you are referring to.  

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, this joke has sailed over my head. If it's  about me posting this, I'm not getting the connection. 

I can't believe I'm doing this, but:

First off, the tepid response cause is in the delivery/execution. The reason your retelling didn't land is you started out by saying "I'm about to retell a 2-line story with a surprising punchline," -- except once you set it up that way you lost any of the element of surprise that you experienced in the car. It's weak on the humor scale on its own, so what you laughed at was the surprise at a punchline you weren't expecting to be delivered, not any actual supposed hilarity. Hence your reaction being more positive than the big meh response.

Imagine telling a movie audience there's about to be a twist ending coming up on screen. How it's a twist may still be unknown before it's revealed, but now they've been braced for it & their collective guard is up instead of watching (or in your case, listening) passively to get the full effect of not just the manner in which it's a twist, but the shock of it happening. You've robbed the audience of the latter.

Further, some jokes just tell better out loud and not so much in writing. You lose the teller's delivery (such that Carton has one that isn't grating to most, but ok that's his schtick & presumably it appeals to some). I will at least say I'm impressed - if not nauseated - that he bounced back into this lucrative career after being arrested & very-publicly outed as a thief, scammer, liar, and just in general as a lowlife scumbag bereft of any personal honor.

Next -- the (funnier) joke that went over your head is cool story, bro/brah (bra). Now look at the tag in the image, and see its in response to a meh (i.e. not-cool) story...brah. ;) 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, the dude is funny.

Someone called in and said Craig Carton should play QB for the Jets so they can tank for a high pick next season and get another QB in the draft. Craig responded that he was offended by this because he actually can throw a  football and the Jets can just play Zach.

Least you weren’t eating a delicious doughnut. I would have kicked his ass fur that! 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I can't believe I'm doing this, but:

First off, the tepid response cause is in the delivery/execution. The reason your retelling didn't land is you started out by saying "I'm about to retell a 2-line story with a surprising punchline," -- except once you set it up that way you lost any of the element of surprise that you experienced in the car. It's weak on the humor scale on its own, so what you laughed at was the surprise at a punchline you weren't expecting to be delivered, not any actual supposed hilarity. Hence your reaction being more positive than the big meh response.

Imagine telling a movie audience there's about to be a twist ending coming up on screen. How it's a twist may still be unknown before it's revealed, but now they've been braced for it & their collective guard is up instead of watching (or in your case, listening) passively to get the full effect of not just the manner in which it's a twist, but the shock of it happening. You've robbed the audience of the latter.

Further, some jokes just tell better out loud and not so much in writing. You lose the teller's delivery (such that Carton has one that isn't grating to most, but ok that's his schtick & presumably it appeals to some). I will at least say I'm impressed - if not nauseated - that he bounced back into this lucrative career after being arrested & very-publicly outed as a thief, scammer, liar, and just in general as a lowlife scumbag bereft of any personal honor.

Next -- the (funnier) joke that went over your head is cool story, bro/brah (bra). Now look at the tag in the image, and see its in response to a meh (i.e. not-cool) story...brah. ;) 

This post is making me rethink my entire existence. 

• Haha 1