Nathan Shepherd a Saint

Good for him I guess, but I don't think anyone ever understood how long he managed to stick with the Jets.  Definitely a disappointment for a 3rd rounder who could never break the starting lineup, and never seemed to do much when out there.  Yet now getting a pretty respectable payday from the Saints that would seem to suggest they're likely planning to start him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Good for him I guess, but I don't think anyone ever understood how long he managed to stick with the Jets.  Definitely a disappointment for a 3rd rounder who could never break the starting lineup, and never seemed to do much when out there.  Yet now getting a pretty respectable payday from the Saints that would seem to suggest they're likely planning to start him.

He's become one of the league's better run-stuffing DTs; he's basically had a Pouha-lite career arc (3rd round pick, older project player, eventually became a reliable/valued run-stuffer - but not as good as Pouha)

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

He is a role player who is being payed like a quality role player.  He can be replaced, but I must admit that I liked him in the role of run stuffer.  Now we need someone else to take on that role.

He seemed like he was on the borderline of getting cut early in his career. Battled through and became a decent rotation guy. That said, I am not giving him that contract. Happy for him though.

I won't miss the late hits.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Good guy, and I'm happy for him getting paid, but it was a crime that Mac drafted him when he did. Should have used that pick on an O-Lineman or skill position player to help the QB he traded up for in the first. 

Except that he would have picked a bum anyway

7 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Except that he would have picked a bum anyway

Maybe so, but more than anything it showed that he had no clue how to build a team.

On the other hand, Joe Douglas followed up the Zach Wilson pick with an O-Lineman and a WR. Zach may have busted, but you can't say that JD didn't do try to help him.