No Green Bay Doesn't know What they are doing!!!

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't know if you've ever met anyone from Wisconsin but the Packers fan base is hugely polite. Shoot, they've conned half of these cheese eaters into buying worthless stock in it, like they are owners. 

Packers don't turn on their team. They trust the execs, that they elected. It is an original NFL franchise, and it has the hardware to back it up. 

in other words they aren't like us. There's no baying mob in Wisconsin going to come after the owner. The Town owns the team. 

12 years is a looong time between SB appearances in GB. The decision makers must be feeling the heat. Heaven knows Rodgers will be piling it on the longer they hold him ransom!

• Sympathy 1

Just to repeat what I am sure I have posted a few times, I am disappointed we would take the first meeting without agreeing on terms assuming  AR agreed.  I can't say for sure where the leverage lies but getting this deep into the process without at least  framework of a deal seems to be more of a mess for us as we hold ourselves until June.  Meanwhile Packers fans, while appreciative of AR, should have no issue making us sweat to get the best possible deal for their team.  I think we did a lot of things right here but not having the deal in advance was very poorly played imo. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

GB sees the Jets loading up to make a run and a FIRED UP Rodgers ready to make a playoff run, which GB will be unable to match with Love.... And they are scared!! Add to that JD getting Rodgers for a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year that can become a 2nd for Rodgers last year. Press & Fan base is going to kill them on this.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are the Packers 100% sure he won’t?  They’re going to gamble a $50M cap hit on it?  And the entire sports world isn’t going to shlt on GB for holding a HOF QB hostage for draft positioning?  Really, I’d bet Goodell doesn’t allow it

So now we’ve moved on from Woody pulled the strings for Zach getting drafted, then retained because of Jet Blue to he’s pulling the strings for AR12?  But I thought he was cheap and won’t spend on top players.  

The basic truth is the longer this drags on the better it is for GB. They get more cap relief after June 1. 

Also, they have no pressure, the Jordan Love thing is like extended preseason. They pretty much know they are rebuilding. Their fans don't care. 

RE: Woody the owner took everyone on his Jet to woo Aaron Rodgers - that's what happened. When's the last time Woody has done that? ever? 

I've always said that QB1 is an ownership-level decision with the Jets, as it is in most franchises around the league. It was Woody's decision to bring on Zach, Sam, Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Favre, or whoever you want to put in there, that's always been Woody's call. Those guys don't become QB1 without Woody either driving the bus or signing off on it.  

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Packers have 0 leverage.  Rodgers retires they die in dead money.  He shows up to play the die from their cap hit.  All for a player they don’t want.  
Jets can say sorry AR your former team doesn’t want to negotiate fairly and sign one of the lesser available QBs.  
If I’m the Jets I lower the offer.  Give them a 3rd this year and another next that can escalate to a 2nd.  

The packers have a QB. We dont. They have the leverage

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

12 years is a looong time between SB appearances in GB. The decision makers must be feeling the heat. Heaven knows Rodgers will be piling it on the longer they hold him ransom!

it's not as long as 54 years

the "Decision Makers" in GB are nice guys, elected by the stockholders, who are fans cos-playing being owners. 

there is no heat. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the "Decision Makers" in GB are nice guys, elected by the stockholders, who are fans cos-playing being owners. 

there is no heat. 

Eh, not sure about that one. I live in the area. The only thing people care about here is the packers. When the Bucks won the title here two years ago, it felt like an afterthought to the packers offseason. 

packers fans treat Rodgers like a God and blame every playoff loss on everyone else. They are NOT happy about losing Aaron Rodgers and there absolutely is heat. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Eh, not sure about that one. I live in the area. The only thing people care about here is the packers. When the Bucks won the title here two years ago, it felt like an afterthought to the packers offseason. 

packers fans treat Rodgers like a God and blame every playoff loss on everyone else. They are NOT happy about losing Aaron Rodgers and there absolutely is heat. 

sure people care about the packers but there's no big enemy to hate. There's no real owner of the Packers. 

I agree Rodgers is a legend around there, thus, they aren't in like a rush to deal him 

especially if they can squeeze the Jets for more 

the Jets have no leverage here. They've signed Lazard and hired Hackett and set everything up for Arod, they don't really have another plan. The GB brass have to know the NY media are going to savage JD if this doesn't get done 

Zach is the backup plan that's truly scary. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

sure people care about the packers but there's no big enemy to hate. There's no real owner of the Packers. 

I agree Rodgers is a legend around there, thus, they aren't in like a rush to deal him 

especially if they can squeeze the Jets for more 

the Jets have no leverage here. They've signed Lazard and hired Hackett and set everything up for Arod, they don't really have another plan. The GB brass have to know the NY media are going to savage JD if this doesn't get done 

Zach is the backup plan that's truly scary. 

The two whipping boys on local radio are the GM and HC. 

I agree that we don’t have any great leverage. But I think this is a headache all the way around - both teams have incentive to get this done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The two whipping boys on local radio are the GM and HC. 

I agree that we don’t have any great leverage. But I think this is a headache all the way around - both teams have incentive to get this done. 

Brian Gutekunst, Matt LF and the head of football operations all got long term extensions before last season 

JD meanwhile is in year 5 of 6. 

Their guys have less hot seats than our guys 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Brian Gutekunst, Matt LF and the head of football operations all got long term extensions before last season 

JD meanwhile is in year 5 of 6. 

Their guys have less hot seats than our guys 

I agree with you there - jets have to win this year or heads will roll. I’m just telling you, people are not happy with this current GB regime. It’s as ugly as I have heard it since living here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

If, at any point, the Jets get fed up, decide to back out, pivot to someone like Kirk Cousins or Matthew Stafford, both of who are rumored to be available, Rodgers will retire prior to June 1st, which will absolutely obliterate the Packers cap space for the next 2 years, and piss of another future HoF QB of theirs along the way.

They have some leverage, but not a ton.  Especially if things get ugly.

Kirk Cousins just got restructured. That usually means he stays where he is 

Matthew Stafford is interesting.

Fact is, I personally would rather have Stafford at half the price of Rodgers. (Rodgers has 60 mil in guarantees for 1 year, Stafford has 57 over 2).

They both looked really washed last year, from where I'm sitting. 

But The Rams have to trade Stafford this week or that 57 becomes locked in. It's possible but just don't think the Jets are really pursuing other avenues. 

Lazard, Hackett, Woody's private Jet trip, they've shown their cards.  

The Jets have little leverage and the Packers know it. Now that blockhead looking dude Brian Gutekunst is going to squeeze JD for all he's worth 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’m just telling you, people are not happy with this current GB regime. It’s as ugly as I have heard it since living here. 

i believe that - it's all relative though 

an unhappy GB fanbase is probably happier than we've been since Rex Era 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's the same reason the Jets are going to take that extension on

at this point the idea of Aaron Rodgers is better than the actual Aaron Rodgers

They could've had the Russell Wilson trade+ from Denver and had a year of experience with Love. 

I think Green Bay made a mistake with the extension. 

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there is no heat. 

I call BS on that lame answer. Everybody reports to the fans. Bucks and Packers are the only 2 things that make life bearable in that forsaken frozen tundra. No winning, you get voted out or fired.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Didn’t you just say we’re so happy that we need help 

People were fake concerned for me and my depression so in reply I'm fake concerned for your manic depression 

i never did say you needed help though

you did say "enough" though which is basically like telling people to shut up 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

No winning, you get voted out or fired.

The Jets won less games than the Packers last year, btw

but let's say that's true. Who decides to fire the GM of the Packers? the guy that just got a new contract? They all got new contracts last summer, the HC, the VP of Football operations, all of em.  

it's a whole process to fire someone in Green Bay  - They don't have an owner

it's not like Woody who says off with their heads and it's done before lunchtime 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Kirk Cousins just got restructured. That usually means he stays where he is 

Matthew Stafford is interesting.

Fact is, I personally would rather have Stafford at half the price of Rodgers. (Rodgers has 60 mil in guarantees for 1 year, Stafford has 57 over 2).

They both looked really washed last year, from where I'm sitting. 

But The Rams have to trade Stafford this week or that 57 becomes locked in. It's possible but just don't think the Jets are really pursuing other avenues. 

Lazard, Hackett, Woody's private Jet trip, they've shown their cards.  

The Jets have little leverage and the Packers know it. Now that blockhead looking dude Brian Gutekunst is going to squeeze JD for all he's worth 

Sure, the Jets have shown their cards, and them deciding to pivot will hurt them this year, to a degree.  It will also kill the Packers for a lot longer than that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, TimeForLove said:

Spot on. You guys may not like it but the leverage is all in GB’s hands.

I’m out of here before I get crucified. Still rooting for you all and the Jets this year.

As I said before: If the Jets back out, Rodgers will retire before June 1st, and Green Bay can kiss their cap space goodbye for the next 2 years.  Before it’s even suggested, the idea that Aaron will save GB by choosing to retire after June 1st in such a scenario is not something I would bet on, given that he’s already unhappy with how they’ve handled things to this point.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If, at any point, the Jets get fed up, decide to back out, pivot to someone like Kirk Cousins or Matthew Stafford, both of whom are rumored to be available, Rodgers will retire prior to June 1st, which will absolutely obliterate the Packers cap space for the next 2 years, and piss of another future HoF QB of theirs along the way.

They have some leverage, but not a ton.  Especially if things drag or get ugly.

Do you really feel at this point the Jets are going to back out?  Or is this wishful thinking?  The Jets are not backing out they are committed to Rodgers in basically every way.

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The basic truth is the longer this drags on the better it is for GB. They get more cap relief after June 1. 

Also, they have no pressure, the Jordan Love thing is like extended preseason. They pretty much know they are rebuilding. Their fans don't care. 

RE: Woody the owner took everyone on his Jet to woo Aaron Rodgers - that's what happened. When's the last time Woody has done that? ever? 

I've always said that QB1 is an ownership-level decision with the Jets, as it is in most franchises around the league. It was Woody's decision to bring on Zach, Sam, Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Favre, or whoever you want to put in there, that's always been Woody's call. Those guys don't become QB1 without Woody either driving the bus or signing off on it.  

completely disagree ... it will end up being a wasted season for both franchises .. moreso for Green Bay.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do you really feel at this point the Jets are going to back out?  Or is this wishful thinking?  The Jets are not backing out they are committed to Rodgers in basically every way.

yes ,, Stafford would be a nice option.

Edited by Dunnie

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

The packers have a QB. We dont. They have the leverage

They don’t want the second QB they have.  The one that they cant afford to have on their roster.  They need to unload him desperately.  They have one team to trade him to, they have 0 leverage 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If GB holds out for two ones, yes.  Will anyone blame them?  

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It would suck, but they’re not going to give a stupid amount of compensation up because of “fan desire”.  I, also, highly doubt they are going to wait until June 1st or later to have a QB in place.  The only people who seem to believe otherwise are Packers fans and Jets fans here who don’t want this to happen for whatever absurd reason.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1