Who should be QB2 in 2023

AFJF

Zach

We aren’t bringing in Rodgers and then dishing out money for someone like Minshew when we have gaping holes at DT, C, etc.

Rodgers/Wilson/Streveler

Then draft a QB next year if Zach hasn’t demonstrated notable improvement in the offseason. Hell, even then draft one anyway.

• Upvote 4

I think at this point the Jets have to sign Minshew ASAP.  He should get a contract like MFW-if he plays more, he gets paid more.  

Plan A he is QB 2 backing up Rodgers.  He reduces GB's bargaining position.  Rodgers cap hit is not that bad, so the Jets overall QB cap hit would still be below market top ($16mm, plus $5m for Minshew and $9mm for Wilson-too much, but they will need to restructure).  

Plan B he is QB1A-B-C with Wilson and a relatively high draft pick, like Hooker.  

45 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'd love to see Minshew as the #2, but it will most likely be Wilson with Streveler or a rookie on the PS.

Streveler can’t even throw an NFL looking pass.  I get that nice story he has but I don’t want him on the team.

To see that guy come in for an non injured Zach Wilson in a nationally televised game that had potential playoff implications when it started that night was enough to bring tears to the eyes of any Jet fan that proved what a colossal whiff Wilson was although Douglas somewhat made up for it picking both the O and D Rookies of the Year. 

It's highly unlikely to be Zach.  Zach finally gets the red shirt year he should have gotten two years ago.

If they're holding out legitimate hope to fix him, he should have ZERO pressure this year.  Sit back and watch an all-time great.

If they don't believe he's salvageable - then trade him.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I want Zach to be the QB3, because he really needs a break. If that's changing teams or just sitting the whole year, either way I don't want to see him playing for an injured QB1. I think he can be great but making him the direct backup is not the way to go.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's highly unlikely to be Zach.  Zach finally gets the red shirt year he should have gotten two years ago.

If they're holding out legitimate hope to fix him, he should have ZERO pressure this year.  Sit back and watch an all-time great.

He would never say it… but I think, somewhere in Utah. Zach finally exhaled. This is good for him.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’ll be a “redish” shirt year. They will be tight with money and probably draft a mid-round QB and have he and Zach act as pseudo backups. See who develops first and spend minimal at the QB position considering all the money that’s been spent already. High risk/High rewards. 

• Upvote 1