Is the delay on Rodgers screwing up the offseason plan?

With Rankins, Herbig and Shephard gone, and having swung and missed on Cox and Brown, we are arguably feeling some effects of the delays on Rodgers.  Looks good to get some comp picks next year, but FA's are depleting, and we are likely giving up picks for Rodgers.  Depth is now worse on the lines, with no clear route for replenishing.  

Feels like the reception to the Jets outside of Lazard has been pretty chilly so far.  

• Sympathy 1

This has been Douglas’ m.o. since he got here. He makes an offer he thinks is fair and if a player doesn’t take it, rather than bid against himself in a Tanny or Maccagnan fashion, he moves onto the next guy. I’d’ve liked Cox, too, but can’t blame him for sticking with Philly. He reportedly offered more than these guys took. That’s doing enough, imo. I don’t want the guys who are only out for a paycheck, I want them to want to come on board. 

I suspect we’ll see some signings from him in the next couple days without warning. That’s generally how it goes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Our roster is pretty complete. Aside from QB, we just need to fix the iDL and find a center and OT. Not easy but it’s not like we have to fill tons of issues. There are still players that can plug those holes. We also have the draft.

Joe Douglas hasn't been perfect. But the roster is young and good because he is patient and methodical. He’s not about to break that pattern. If he didn't buckle competing with Miami for Hill, he is not going to buckle competing against himself.

The media is trying to paint this picture of Jets fans being anxious. We’re cool. Training camp is a long time from now.

34 minutes ago, slats said:

This has been Douglas’ m.o. since he got here. He makes an offer he thinks is fair and if a player doesn’t take it, rather than bid against himself in a Tanny or Maccagnan fashion, he moves onto the next guy. I’d’ve liked Cox, too, but can’t blame him for sticking with Philly. He reportedly offered more than these guys took. That’s doing enough, imo. I don’t want the guys who are only out for a paycheck, I want them to want to come on board. 

I suspect we’ll see some signings from him in the next couple days without warning. That’s generally how it goes. 

I would ask permission to speak with Stafford. Benefits us in many ways to show interest 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1