Steeler release LB Myles Jack

He played for this Jaguars when Saleh and Urlbrich are there, since they have familiarity with him and we never LBs. I thought that the Steelers didn’t have to overpay when they traded for him.

Jack, might be a nice addition here.

Any of you live in Pittsburgh and have watched him play each week that can give an update ?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

He played for this Jaguars when Saleh and Urlbrich are there, since they have familiarity with him and we never LBs. I thought that the Steelers didn’t have to overpay when they traded for him.

Jack, might be a nice addition here.

Any of you live in Pittsburgh and have watched him play each week that can give an update ?

Saleh was his position coach in Jax when they drafted Myles.  He barely played and was arguably miss used when he did play.  lol   I'm not saying there is bad blood, I'm not really sure why or anything but it was highly criticized around the team/fan base.

I liked him in college as a two tier O and D player at UCLA. Not sure exactly how he did with Steelers last year or if this is just a money cut. But if he’s still productive hope Jets look into it if any money left after signing Rodgers. Btw if team devoid of running backs ever he was a good one in college. 

I don’t know how to paste the information on Roto World which support his statistics from 4 of the last 5 . And I don’t think that he would cost much. He was in the final year of a 2 yr/ 16 million dollar contract. I watched him when at Jacksonville and also twice last year and saw a player who makes solid tackles in open space. However, I don’t have solid evidence regarding his coverage skills.

Meh, I'd rather bring in 33 yr old Bobby Wagner at ~$10MM to swap in for 31 yr old $17MM CJM. What they give up in player age they gain in lower contract demands (probably/hopefully), like they should've made an offer to still-good Lavonte David who just re-signed with Tampa at 1 yr $7MM.

Then put the $ difference towards at least a placeholder opposite Quincy to duke it out - or rotate collectively including Q - with Sherwood (who'll be entering just his 2nd year at his new weight), another depth veteran, and a rookie. Plenty of $2-5MM rotational depth out there incl Kwon, Bush, or faik re-sign ****ing Hewitt (who's no worse than Marcel Harris, from what little we've seen). 

3 hours ago, ManCave Analyst said:

I know that he played much better than the 2 safeties that Saleh over drafted and hasn’t developed to be Hybrid LBs.

So Saleh drafted them?  I’d disagree about Sherwood.  I thought he played well filling in for Mosley. 

Not saying he’s an answer. I’d like to see how Chazz Surratt looks with a complete off-season in the books in the Jets system. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh, I'd rather bring in 33 yr old Bobby Wagner at ~$10MM to swap in for 31 yr old $17MM CJM. What they give up in player age they gain in lower contract demands (probably/hopefully), like they should've made an offer to still-good Lavonte David who just re-signed with Tampa at 1 yr $7MM.

Then put the $ difference towards at least a placeholder opposite Quincy to duke it out - or rotate collectively including Q - with Sherwood (who'll be entering just his 2nd year at his new weight), another depth veteran, and a rookie. Plenty of $2-5MM rotational depth out there incl Kwon, Bush, or faik re-sign ****ing Hewitt (who's no worse than Marcel Harris, from what little we've seen). 

It is hard for the Jets linebackers to look good when they are lining up near CJ Mosley. He is such a dominating force even an all pro linebacker next to him is going to look flawed.

I haven't seen domination like that since a young Kelly played Center Field for the bad news Bears. Why even have a left fielder actually?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is hard for the Jets linebackers to look good when they are lining up near CJ Mosley. He is such a dominating force even an all pro linebacker next to him is going to look flawed.

I haven't seen domination like that since a young Kelly played Center Field for the bad news Bears. Why even have a left fielder actually?

Kelly lost the game for them -- not good enough. Like CJM.

It does bring up the other analogy, which is that the Jets started Rudy Stein at QB last year.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Kelly lost the game for them -- not good enough. Like CJM.

It does bring up the other analogy, which is that the Jets started Rudy Stein at QB last year.

Did Kelly lose the game? I don't remember that LOL.

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Saleh was his position coach in Jax when they drafted Myles.  He barely played and was arguably miss used when he did play.  lol   I'm not saying there is bad blood, I'm not really sure why or anything but it was highly criticized around the team/fan base.

wasn't that his knee was blown up?